test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Key Ring Bundle on All Platforms, and 15% Key Sale on PC - Today Only!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
Captains on all platforms can get their hands on a key ring bundle, with 20 master keys and an Ultimate Tech Upgrade, today until midnight PT!

And Captains on PC can get 15% off keys during that time!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10828484

Comments

• postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Obligatory post to say that these should be 24 hours.
  • k1ng50mbrak1ng50mbra Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Unsurprisingly,nothing about that "Event" was posted on the german forum.
  • gazurtoidgazurtoid Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    Ah yes, the standard rush of 'flash' sales and other promotions immediately before the month ends.

Gotta meet that monthly sales target
    yjkZSeM.gif
  • gazurtoidgazurtoid Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    Your 'witty' comment is utterly irrelevant to what I was saying. Of course they are a business - I was neither complaining about them wanting to make money, or expressing surprise at it.

My point is, the timing of these flash sales does appear to demonstrate a pattern - the majority consistently seem to take place in the last few days of the month. Is it because they are missing key profit KPIs and this is a last minute attempt to massage the numbers up? Or are they just trying to secure impulse purchases from people who have just been paid?

I guess we don't have enough information to know for certain, but I lean toward the former - I would imagine they would have sales on more big ticket items (such as ships, etc) if it were the latter.
    yjkZSeM.gif
  • fruitvendor12fruitvendor12 Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    I agree with gazur. I welcome flash sales. But anyone who announces them same day at lunchtime USA EST is actually committing financial malpractice. Heck the kid I hire to stock my inventory does better than that.

This is hardly a major issue to me. In fact I consider it free amusement, another story to tell other friends and business associates on how some companies operate and what lessons can we all learn.

I'm usually logged in well before then, I'm one of the proverbial "whales", and they managed to not inform me until today March 1st. Even though yesterday I was logged in from roughly 11am EST to 11pm. Twelve hours. LOL.

Seriously that is a fail point.

I get spammed with "XYZ won ZYX" but the adults in the room at Cryptic can't find a way to tell me when I can actually divert real revenue to them? Serious fail point.

Being a small business owner myself, I'd fire someone who doesn't understand that promotions are announced at least a day in advance. Because the point of a sales promotions is to maximize sales. Not conform to someone's time card. Not to make someone's happy button turn red.

Ad people, and I've hired and fired more than a few, love to live on their own adrenaline and they get red faced happy pretty easily. They do on the ground tactics and without a project plan they do even that minimum poorly. They rarely have any sense of strategy, let alone logistics. They live on their own emotional stew of hormones.

Anyway, not a doom post. Cryptic is doing very well financially. But they are often ineffective, let alone inefficient. I'm someone who prizes effectiveness over efficiency and it amuses me to see a business so poorly run it just counts cash in the drawer at the end of the day and think they've done well.