test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Accolade List

Comments

• anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    We're getting a progress meter for each color of present tomorrow, and I want to say here, before it happens and shows us all the details of what's going on behind the scenes, that experience has made me suspect that I was too harsh earlier. It sure looks like you get credit for all presents opened during the time that you're participating in the Kramp'Ihri fight, regardless of who opens them. If my suspicion is true, then it is much more in keeping with the Christmas spirit than cutting everyone else's throat to get your accolade progress.

If true, I wish that they would reconsider the accolades for Gingerbread people and candy in the Winter Invasion queue to award the same way.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • hamtidamti#1438 hamtidamti Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    > @anodynes said:
    > If my suspicion is true, then it is much more in keeping with the Christmas spirit than cutting everyone else's throat to get your accolade progress.

True, sharing accolade progress would fit to the Christmas spirit. It would, however, largely contradict the accolade name: "Mine, mine, mine" ;-p
    From what I can tell, it seems though that the counter starts from 0 again after the accolade update today. What a shame :-( Can anyone confirm that?
    > @anodynes said:
    > If my suspicion is true, then it is much more in keeping with the Christmas spirit than cutting everyone else's throat to get your accolade progress.

True, sharing accolade progress would fit to the Christmas spirit. It would, however, largely contradict the accolade name: "Mine, mine, mine" ;-p

It was wishful thinking on my part, anyway. Your progress is only for ones that you personally open, it seems. Peace on Earth, good will toward men, except when you have to step over them to get your accolade.
    From what I can tell, it seems though that the counter starts from 0 again after the accolade update today. What a shame :-( Can anyone confirm that?

It does reset. Any character that had it started, but not yet complete got a message upon login that the mission "Mine, Mine, Mine!" had been dropped and that they were sorry for the inconvenience.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • fadmbambamfadmbambam Member Posts: 656 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    trekpuppy wrote: »
    Can anyone from the community verify with a screenshot the 6th accolade from Brushfire that some anonymous person added to the wiki? "Riker's Apprentice", not to be confused with "Surpassing Riker" which actually exists.

I can now confirm that Riker's Apprentice is now fixed on the PC. We were able to team up with someone who had the Console - Universal - Metreon Gas Canister and they were able to make the kills.

Please note that if you team up, there will be more enemy NPC ships, so you might need to thin them out before using the Metreon gas clouds to kill 2+ enemy ships.
    Post edited by fadmbambam on
  • aoav160aoav160 Member Posts: 443 Arc User
    I can confirm it too on my KDF. I got several ships around 30%. Then mixed the gas from [Console - Universal - Metreon Gas Canisters] and the metreon cloud and detonated the cloud.
    Appear to be two accolades in the new episode Scylla and Charybdis
    New accolades for Mission:_Scylla_and_Charybdis.

Planetary Defender - Destroy all Protomatter Torpedoes without Lukari assistance before reaching Bajor during "Scylla and Charybdis". 15
    Like Boiling Water on an Anthill - Destroy 70 Hur'q Ships during their assault on Bajor in "Scylla and Charybdis". 15

And for Hur'q ship kills:
    Seed of Success - Destroy 20 Hur'q Ships. 10
    Sower of Triumph - Destroy 100 Hur'q Ships. 25
    Reaper of the Swarm - Destroy 200 Hur'q Ships. 50
  • sanokskyratsanokskyrat Member Posts: 479 Media Corps
    edited January 2018
    aoav160 wrote: »

Planetary Defender - Destroy all Protomatter Torpedoes without Lukari assistance before reaching Bajor during "Scylla and Charybdis". 15
    Like Boiling Water on an Anthill - Destroy 70 Hur'q Ships during their assault on Bajor in "Scylla and Charybdis". 15

There is a third, if you turn off all the consoles before kill that Tzenkethi in the torp room.
    1368747308047.cached_zpsl4joalbs.jpg
  • greuceangreucean Member Posts: 111 Arc User

There is a third, if you turn off all the consoles before kill that Tzenkethi in the torp room.

Yes it's called:
    Nevertheless, You Persisted
  • taelofvulcantaelofvulcan Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    There are 3 new ground kill accolades for killing bugs (Hur'qs) in the episode Melting Pot. Standard 100 + 500 + 1000 kills. You can do slightly over 100 kills in one run, beam out before talking to NPCs after killing all bugs and replay.
    Did I already mention that I love this thread? Thanks for the great advise B)
    Do you have any tips how to achieve "Like Boiling Water on an Anthill"? I tried it with my Brigid Multi-Mission Explorer, my Breen Plesh Tral Heavy Raiderv and the Bajoran Interceptor, but the assault always ends before I hit 70... Am I just killing the Hur'q to slowly or is there a trick?
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,762 Arc User
    Do you have any tips how to achieve "Like Boiling Water on an Anthill"? I tried it with my Brigid Multi-Mission Explorer, my Breen Plesh Tral Heavy Raiderv and the Bajoran Interceptor, but the assault always ends before I hit 70... Am I just killing the Hur'q to slowly or is there a trick?

Some idea that might help with that are being discussed here.
    https://arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1237694/what-do-you-think-scylla-and-charybdis
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.

The easiest answer is to bring a friend. Just one other person there and I'm pretty much guaranteed to get it.

I've gotten it on over half of my characters alone, though, and the trick there seems to be use everything: weapons, bridge officer abilities, reputation clicky powers, any set clicky powers, devices, and captain abilities. If they're up, use them. I tend to start the fight standing still near the middle of all of the spawn circles, which can actually be tough. I don't know if it's an actual suicide attack or just warp core breaches, but the Hur'q can actually hurt you if you stay still. I then usually get moving by around the time that the cutscene happens and the Dominion show up, Keep to as tight of an area as you can, mopping them up and still using everything as soon as it recharges.

If you want it to be really easy, find someone at the low end of the level range for it, like level 15ish, and go in there matching their level. You won't have to stop matching their level, even, since the Hur'q move so slowly at that level. They'll have a hard time just trying to get on your tail the way that they like to.
    There are 3 new ground kill accolades for killing bugs (Hur'qs) in the episode Melting Pot. Standard 100 + 500 + 1000 kills. You can do slightly over 100 kills in one run, beam out before talking to NPCs after killing all bugs and replay.

Foreboding Stifler - 10 Defeat 100 Hur'q
    Swarm Silencer - 25 Defeat 500 Hur'q
    Reckoning of the Cycle - 50 Defeat 1000 Hur'q

> @anodynes said:
    > I tend to start the fight standing still near the middle of all of the spawn circles, which can actually be tough. I don't know if it's an actual suicide attack or just warp core breaches, but the Hur'q can actually hurt you if you stay still. I then usually get moving by around the time that the cutscene happens and the Dominion show up, Keep to as tight of an area as you can, mopping them up and still using everything as soon as it recharges.

Now this worked actually quite well for me, too! Got the accolade now B) Thanks for your tips! Next stop: Hur'q ground kills :#
  • tylermaxwelltylermaxwell Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    For the life of me, I'm still not getting this one. I think I'm agro-ing every ship on the map using the suggestions above, but it still isn't enough. I don't know if it's because the NPC allies are killing them before I can, or not enough Hur'q are spawning to count (I think I'm up to ~50 on the map at once); no matter how much DEEPZ or crowd control I put in, I still keep falling short. :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User
    that one needs to be done with a team to increase spawns - it doesn't seem to be doable solo; not enough ships spawn before time runs out​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
    > @shadowfang240 said:
    > that one needs to be done with a team to increase spawns - it doesn't seem to be doable solo; not enough ships spawn before time runs out​​

I did it solo, but it was a close call. I followed anodynes' advise laid out above and - to be honest - switched from my usual "advanced" difficulty setting to "normal" to be able to kill more swarmers in short time. You really have to save up your abilities until this stage of the mission and then continuously spam the Hur'q with everything you've got!
    Oh, one more thing about that. If you're still having trouble and haven't considered this yet, the highest rank of Eject Warp Plasma that you can fit on your ship. Since the Hur'q like to tailgate, you might as well give them a hazard when doing so. This pushed me over the top on the ones that were getting in the mid-60s or so.

Definitely do it on Normal if you're going for it solo, and remember that you can leave and immediately try again from where you load in after doing your ground portion on the Tzenkethi station if you fall short, so long as you don't talk to Loriss.
    The Renegade's Regret has one accolade: A Curious Tzenkethi - 5 points. Complete all the optionals on the ground portion
    Romulan Imperial Minefield: Swept Up - 10 points
    Romulan Imperial Minefield: Swept Up - 10 points

Ticket submitted since it is broken for KDF. I already have "Swept Up" from "Punch Through the Federation Blockade". After the mission I got a second "Swept Up" for "Romulan Imperial Minefield" but after switching instances my log switched it from RIM to "Punch Through the Federation Blockade" and removed the accolade.
  • xst4mxxst4mx Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    Any new acco from VIL?
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,762 Arc User
    xst4mx wrote: »
    Any new acco from VIL?

Pretty sure Gamma Recruit is the first of new ones.
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
    edited June 2018
    Found these:
    Retrofit Starship Requisition 0 - Reaching Level 61
    Specialization Manual 0 - Reaching Level 62
    New Captain Ability 0 - Reaching Level 63
    Gamma Quadrant Duty Officers 0 - Reaching Level 64
    Admiralty Hero Ship 0 - Reaching Level 65
    Vorta Log: The Idran Sector 10 - Pass through the Idran Sector
    Vorta Log: The Kendari Sector 10 - Pass through the Kendari Sector
    Vorta Log: New Yadera Sector 10 - Pass through the New Yadera Sector
    Vorta Log: The Kurill Sector 10 - Pass through the Kurill Sector
    Post edited by aoav160 on
    For the "Quark’s Lucky Seven" mission, there are eight individual "Rule of Acquisition" accolades, for 20 points each.

Rule of Acquisition Number 7 - Retrieve the Sword of Kahless without the frequencies resetting
    Rule of Acquisition Number 9 - Crack the Security Computer within 5 attempts
    Rule of Acquisition Number 34 - Override all conduits as Leck
    Rule of Acquisition Number 48 - Take no damage as Leck
    Rule of Acquisition Number 74 - Read all the Security Logs
    Rule of Acquisition Number 125 - Allow Nog to repair the cloaking device without ever blowing up
    Rule of Acquisition Number 194 - Override all doors Without using your Tricorder
    Rule of Acquisition Number 239 - Examine all of T’Ket’s Trophies

There is one final summary accolade called The Grand Acquisitor that is earned when finishing all the above eight and is worth zero points.
    edited June 2018
    For the mission "Tenebris Torquent", there is a single accolade worth 10 points:

Game Over Man - Discover the body of Kira’s crewman

Note: I found that its easier to finish with the three consoles and then go back for the crewman, which is up in conduits. Use the red anti-gravity "funnel" to find the crewman (which is really close to the 3rd console.)
  • darmokkdarmokk Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Normal and breakthrough accolade from the new 5 gamma research assignments