test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

USS Discovery Lock box question

mattics01mattics01 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
Hi officers, I have a question and a kind of an irritation. Now let me start off by saying that I am not a fan of the new Star Trek show, and so of the ship. I found out that the new base hull for the USS Discovery is in the 40k but the original Enterprise from Kirk is only 12k. I find this very unfair and pissed at the game makers. How can you explain that the Discovery, which is supposed to be 10yrs before Kirk, is more powerful than the Enterprise of the future? These stats, in my own opinion, is incorrect. Even the Enterprise from Capt. Archer is less then Kirks Enterprise, which would make perfect sense.

If there was anyway that one would know how the game makers could receive feedback it would be appreciated. I just hope they correct the issue and lessen the Discovery's base hull appropriately.

Comments

• meridian113meridian113 Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    According new Star Trek rule,Federation tech advance backward.USS Shinzou have better view screen and everything then even USS Voyager.NX-01 had View screen and there is a phrase in TOS episode Balance of Power that first Federation-Romulan War was fought without view screens and with nuclear weapons not phasers and photon torpedos and St Enterprise is set 8 years before that war.
  • mattics01mattics01 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    I guess I still don't get it. Backward advancement? I get the TOS BoP Ref-Rom. war, and that it ST Ent. was 8yrs before the war cannon. But I noticed when watching all the shows, how, using your example, the forward viewing screen started off in ST. ENT with a monitor, but then in TOS the screen was more advanced, and in STNG it was really bigger and more advanced which carrieds over to Voyager. Sadly DS9 had to deal with Cardassian tech, lol, whicih I guess was still small. Anyways, I don't know if you are a fan or not of TRIBBLE, but I just dont like all the new tech they invent and never take into concideration that it was never mentioned in cannon.

But thanks for the taking the time to at least read and comment.
  • diewesleydie11diewesleydie11 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    "If we control your memory of the past, we control your present reality." I know it violates "Never blame Evil, when the problem is Stupid," but it's either that, or the present show runners didn't bother researching the canon of the series they'd be "writing" for. Didn't care for Jar Jar Abram's version, but the differences were explained fairly well. The new show? I imagine the hash pipe got used more than the source material.
  • khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User
    Because these are not old ships. They are new ships, with new technology built to look like the ships from Discovery.
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    mattics01 wrote: »
    Hi officers, I have a question and a kind of an irritation. Now let me start off by saying that I am not a fan of the new Star Trek show, and so of the ship. I found out that the new base hull for the USS Discovery is in the 40k but the original Enterprise from Kirk is only 12k. I find this very unfair and pissed at the game makers. How can you explain that the Discovery, which is supposed to be 10yrs before Kirk, is more powerful than the Enterprise of the future? These stats, in my own opinion, is incorrect. Even the Enterprise from Capt. Archer is less then Kirks Enterprise, which would make perfect sense.

If there was anyway that one would know how the game makers could receive feedback it would be appreciated. I just hope they correct the issue and lessen the Discovery's base hull appropriately.

You're comparing the original Constitution Light Cruiser with the modernized 25th century Crossfield Science Vanguard.

You should instead compare the modernized 25h century Constitution Light Cruiser with the 25th century Crossfield Science Vanguard. You might find that the Tier 6 Temporal Light Cruiser is actually more impressive than the Tier 6 Crossfield Class. Hull-Wise, the TIer 6 Constitution has about 55K hull.

However, even then you should consider that while the show Discovery plays 10 years before Kirk, the Enterprise and the Constitution Class was already at service at the time, and it's very likely that the Discovery is a newer ship. It was mentioned that the Discovery could support 300 separate science experiments, which was a new accomplishment for a Starfleet vessel.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.