test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Zen charge bonus and pack sale!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
Captains on PC can get a bonus when they charge for Zen, and save 20% on Packs in Arc this week!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10804874

Comments

• tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    when are you guys gonna have another zen charge sale event with the free bonus items? that was a nice event from the free bridge officers to the ships.
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    Well the Pack sale isn't the best discount Cryptic has offered, but for any that don't have the patience & want a pack now buying it now is better than yesterday.

I'm sure Cryptic won't consider, but I think a good added value for newer players that missed those Delta Recruitment & Temporal Recruitment events would be if Cryptic added (1) character per corresponding pack allowed to be a Recruit of that event.

Now the zen bonus is always nice. I don't plan on buying anymore zen since last I played & looked my account was still jacked-up via my subscriber experience bonus, thanks Cryptic/Arc, but getting a bit more zen is always helpful.

What I've never understood is why not offer a bit more bonus for those big $200. whales? Instead it is the same as the $100.. Then again, the same bonus is shared between the $20. & $50. spenders too.

tigeraries wrote: »
    when are you guys gonna have another zen charge sale event with the free bonus items? that was a nice event from the free bridge officers to the ships.

Was it those TOS holographic BOFFs? If so, that is a pretty good enticement. Besides, I think STO is so long in the tooth nowadays that Cryptic should consider implementing new innovative ideas to garner new players along with retaining current players. Since Cryptic/Arc jacked-up my account I only play during events mostly now.

[quote="nommo#5819;c-13329421
    Was it those TOS holographic BOFFs? If so, that is a pretty good enticement. Besides, I think STO is so long in the tooth nowadays that Cryptic should consider implementing new innovative ideas to garner new players along with retaining current players. Since Cryptic/Arc jacked-up my account I only play during events mostly now.[/quote]

Was Mirror Leeta if I remember correctly. TOS BO's were for convention and from email for random accounts.

• carlosbezerracarlosbezerra Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    Waiting for Lifetime sub sale...
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    Waiting for Lifetime sub sale...

That will likely happen during/just after the Summer Event, if I remember correctly.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • captainjack#4424 captainjack Member Posts: 2 New User
    I'm not seeing a discount on any packs when I look, nor any Zen bonuses. It's all just the same as always. Am I missing something?
  • darkmatter909#7994 darkmatter909 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    This thread says the sale is for pc. But the announcement is on console at login. I saw a few packs that are old ones with no new ships on sale. But zen is not on sale. I play on xbox btw.
    Does this seem strange or just one of those fun bugs we get to enjoy as mmo players?
    I should have been an entomologist. :D
    edited February 2018
    This thread says the sale is for pc. But the announcement is on console at login. I saw a few packs that are old ones with no new ships on sale. But zen is not on sale. I play on xbox btw.
    Does this seem strange or just one of those fun bugs we get to enjoy as mmo players?
    I should have been an entomologist. :D

there WAS a post about a zen sale for XB1... but there were temporal issues with it and so it was nixed and had to go back to be resolved... problems with MS I would think, since they need to approve everything.
  • darkmatter909#7994 darkmatter909 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    > there WAS a post about a zen sale for XB1... but there were temporal issues with it and so it was nixed and had to go back to be resolved... problems with MS I would think, since they need to approve everything.

That would make sense. Damn temporal issues, MS needs to get their timestream straightened out! Lol
  • captainjack#4424 captainjack Member Posts: 2 New User
    Is there supposed to be a bonus for Zen? When I go to the Holodeck to purchase, there is no Bonus there. PC player
  • fruitvendor12fruitvendor12 Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    It shows up when buying in game but only for the Steam Wallet and I don't buy my zen that way