test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

An idea to greatly improve salvage system.

Salvaging lots of items at a time gets old really quick. How about we put a salvage all button on our inventory tab. When you hit it, it will bring up a window like when we donate doffs to the starbase. Checkboxes by each piece of salvageable loot in our inventory, with a check all/uncheck all option as well. This way we can salvage all the items in a few clicks and we can also keep people from salvaging something they want to keep.

Comments

• echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    Now this is a good idea. I don't salvage much, but I know other people do.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    Id settle for a salvage hotkey to speed things up but this isnt too bad an idea either
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    It's a good idea, though it does make it much easier to salvage the wrong thing by mistake since you only get one "are you sure?" prompt for everything and there is no buy-back of salvaged gear. If your clicks are off by one you salvage that Mk XIV epic beam instead of the Mk XII green one.
  • jtoney3448jtoney3448 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    It's a good idea, though it does make it much easier to salvage the wrong thing by mistake since you only get one "are you sure?" prompt for everything and there is no buy-back of salvaged gear. If your clicks are off by one you salvage that Mk XIV epic beam instead of the Mk XII green one.

Since each item has a check box its just as hard to accidentally salvage as it is now. And with the protected status we can now assign all our normal gear can be immune to being listed.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    jtoney3448 wrote: »

Since each item has a check box its just as hard to accidentally salvage as it is now. And with the protected status we can now assign all our normal gear can be immune to being listed.

Good point, I haven't used the protected status so I didn't realize it would hide gear from lists like this.

• dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    I assume the Salvage All button wouldn't salvage anything we have Protected? If not, there'd be a lot of rage. :D
    It just sounds like a real dangerous button to hit.
  • jtoney3448jtoney3448 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    I assume the Salvage All button wouldn't salvage anything we have Protected? If not, there'd be a lot of rage. :D
    It just sounds like a real dangerous button to hit.

No stuff that has protection on is already immune to being salvaged, with it on it loses its salvage status. It would be 100% safe from that. If something has protection on it doesnt even list as a possiblity to sell/salvage. Once you mark everything with protected that you want to keep in your inv/ship/character hit the salvage all button. Check all or just check one by one, then hit salvage.

Just like donating doffs to the starbase.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    jtoney3448 wrote: »
    Salvaging lots of items at a time gets old really quick. How about we put a salvage all button on our inventory tab. When you hit it, it will bring up a window like when we donate doffs to the starbase. Checkboxes by each piece of salvageable loot in our inventory, with a check all/uncheck all option as well. This way we can salvage all the items in a few clicks and we can also keep people from salvaging something they want to keep.

I'd rather see my own idea implemented: an extra salvage coffer with a blanket 'Salvage All' button (as only salvage can go in there). I proposed the idea for bridges, but a separate salvage tab is needed, regardless.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    Good idea OP! :)
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • ssargonssargon Member Posts: 347 Arc User
    Guild Wars 2 implemented something that would be good here, and a possible fix to people salvaging the wrong thing by accident; "salvage all [rarity] and under" - so with a couple clicks it would be possible to unload everything Rare and lesser. If a player is new enough to still be using such gear and accidentally salvages it, it's easily and cheaply replaceable anyway.
  • indysharkindyshark Member Posts: 1,543 Arc User
    I like the idea. I'd also like to see a way to block consumables when picking up items in space. I don't want batteries thank you very much
    Or maybe some sort of shift key that changes your mouse pointer from normal to 'salvage' mode. Either a toggle or a hold down key. Then you just single click on the items and they get salvaged. Similar to WoW's ability when you only want to repair single pieces of armor vs the Repair All button when you are low on gold.
  • corelogikcorelogik Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    Another option would be to make a tab in the replicator that would only show salvageable items, except for protected ones, so that we can double click and salvage like you can do when recycling items. Been saying this one since introduction.
    "Go play with your DPS in the corner, I don't care how big it is." ~ Me
    "There... are... four... lights!" ~Jean Luc Picard
  • bossheisenbergbossheisenberg Member Posts: 603 Arc User
    Would be even better to have a drag and drop, like the exchange menu.
    Would be even better to have a drag and drop, like the exchange menu.

Exchange's drag/drop isn't exactly the most responsive thing. So many times I've had to try to 'pick up' the item just to not grab it. I don't see that being much faster than the current method.