test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What Parts of Discovery Do You Want to See in STO?

Comments

• f8explorer#7814 f8explorer Member Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    Well, IF CBS keeps saying no to a T6 connie from TOS.....can we get a T6 Disc connie?

Sure:
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Temporal_Light_Cruiser

What I want is the discovery version from the last show as a skin for the ones already in game. :smile:
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!
    " We stand TOGETHER and fight with HONOR!"

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
  • fakemirage#8763 fakemirage Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    You can't even make a true white like the medics in the show. WTH?

that's because the engine doesn't support true white any more than it supports true back​​

Look man. If you want to defend that game, ok. but don't say things that are just not true:

BlnEpSR.jpg

h3MePBI.jpg

I know that different textures take colors different. But the point is the textures they used for the Discovery uniforms do NOT take the colors in a way that matches the show. That is the fault of whoever designed those uniforms and textures, not the game's engine.

He was actually right. even in the pics you've shared it's an eggwhite offshoot.

I don't care what name you want to call it, it's still a hell of a lot closer to the color in the show than you can get with the actual discovery uniform. And the point is, regardless of the engine's capability, the discovery uniform should be able to use whatever color is the CLOSEST to the show that the game can actually render. And it isn't.

Exactly. I will never understand why people choose to argue the stupidest points that have no real bearing on a conversation. Ok, so the game may not be able to render a "true" white. That's not the point. The point is are uniforms in game that can use a color that looks more accurate to the show than what the actual discovery uniform can use, which is dumb and needs to be fixed. Why anyone would argue against that is beyond me.

• ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    NONE OF IT UNTIL YOU FIX PVP FIRST. Expand the current story lines to full seasons instead of a single mission that you grind over and over. Remember the good old days when a season was several missions instead of one? Throw some love to the Klingons for a change you knod of did with Iconian season love to see more Klngon based missions. Oh yes if you bring the ships in make them mega hard to get like you did with the TOS T-6 ships it's only fair.
  • vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    I'd love to have the new Enterprise skin as seen in the season finale -

star-trek-discovery-enterprise-1081746.jpeg

tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• captainwestbrookcaptainwestbrook Member Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    1. Mirror Disco Uniforms
    2. Chest Gear - Starfleet Security Vest Attachment - https://i.imgur.com/PJJXZ13.jpg
    3. The casual clothing worn by away team in last episode
    4. New connie skin matching Disco Connie
    5. Crossfield / Shenzou Bridge
    6. Mirror Lorca costume
    7. Hairstyles - Lorca, Admiral Katarina Cornwell & Terran Captain Killy
    8. KDF EV suit from the first episode

Post edited by captainwestbrook on
    Join www.UFPlanets.com
    5 FED Fleets | 3 KDF Fleets - T5 Colony on both factions
    Mack.png
  • rtgtheexilertgtheexile Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    A T6 Constitution Class available for Zen. Almost everyone would buy it. Tac, Eng and Sci versions - I'd buy the bundle.
    Hank@rtgtheexile

Fleet Staff Officer - Sigma Task Group
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    A T6 Constitution Class available for Zen. Almost everyone would buy it. Tac, Eng and Sci versions - I'd buy the bundle.
    God no! We've enough bundles as it is. :tongue:

The one ship focused on Strategist, Temporal and/or Miracle Worker (maybe?) would be enough, though in truth, the DSC skin should be made freely available to anyone (not me) who already owns the Temporal Cruiser.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    no they aren't...they just released an entire BUNDLE containing some - the andorian ships are canon, even if they're the wrong type​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
    edited February 2018
    no they aren't...they just released an entire BUNDLE containing some - the andorian ships are canon, even if they're the wrong type​​
    No they're not! The Kumari design is the only canon design, the rest should be (are?) Cryptics.

To suggest that these new Andorian designs are canon would be like saying the Exeter, Excalibur and Vesper Classes are canon via the Constitution.
    flash525 wrote: »
    no they aren't...they just released an entire BUNDLE containing some - the andorian ships are canon, even if they're the wrong type
    No they're not! The Kumari design is the only canon design, the rest should be (are?) Cryptics.

To suggest that these new Andorian designs are canon would be like saying the Exeter, Excalibur and Vesper Classes are canon via the Constitution.

'T6 rework of canon designs' try ACTUALLY READING before posting next time, twit​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    flash525 wrote: »
    no they aren't...they just released an entire BUNDLE containing some - the andorian ships are canon, even if they're the wrong type

'T6 rework of canon designs' try ACTUALLY READING before posting next time, twit​​
    If there's a redesign of something that's canon, then the finished product isn't canon, is it? It's a friggin rework. Why'd you think there's so much discussion about the DSC Constitution not being canon - because it's been reworked and/or modernised. Who's the twit now? :lol:

Star Trek Online isn't considered canon, and nor are any Cryptic designs, regardless of whether they're based off of an existing design. You may wish to enlighten yourself with knowing what a word means before you jump for the high ground.
    edited February 2018
    (post removed due to flaming/trolling. keep the debates civil folks.) - darkbladejk
    Post edited by darkbladejk on

#LegalizeAwoo

edited February 2018
    (unnecessary response to flame/troll post) - darkbladejk
    Post edited by darkbladejk on
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,715 Community Moderator
    Guys, please keep debates civil. Having difference of opinions and passion about one's views is fine but keep it civil and on point to the current topic at hand.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    Time to lighten the tone...

(Also, consider a party ball that releases baby tardigrades an additional feature request)
    s0gfJe9.png
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    Yeah, I want that season finale Constitution-class in the game. Along with Lorca's weapons (including that weaponized dark matter), Mirror Discovery uniforms, playable Kelpiens, the tactical vests, and of course, a Shenzhou/Discovery bridge/interior.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • xungnguyenxungnguyen Member Posts: 233 Arc User
    I want the emperor's sword and mirror uniforms from Discovery. I'll give the former to my Wizard101 character (Steven DrakeRider) for his Medieval era ground gear.
    temporal_lapras__royal_flagship__by_lapry101-dbutq96.png

"Simba, you have forgotten me. You have forgotten who you are … you are my son and the one true king." (Mufasa)
  • jiralinriajiralinria Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    Time to lighten the tone...

(Also, consider a party ball that releases baby tardigrades an additional feature request)
    s0gfJe9.png

You just won the internet! I'd also like to add the Gormagander to make an appearance, but NOT in cubes on a stick...
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    Seeing Snipey47As little video here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-FRPKaH_x4&feature=youtu.be

How about the Discovery warp effects? I doubt it would be easy to customize it so it works everywhere though you did manage to give the Discovery a unique transwarp "exit" animation at least.

Federation Fleet warping in:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWXm046f5KQ
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,015 Community Moderator
    How about the Discovery warp effects? I doubt it would be easy to customize it so it works everywhere though you did manage to give the Discovery a unique transwarp "exit" animation at least.

Well... they HAVE made unique warp trails for the Kelvin ships, so it IS doable to a degree.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • carlosbezerracarlosbezerra Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Discovery phaser pistol to go with the Discovery rifle. (hell just use the Kelvin Pistol functionality)
    Discovery Shuttle
    Discovery Klingon outfit/appearance
    Discovery Klingon rifle, pistol, Bat'leth, and Mek'leth
    Full Discovery interior (will settle for bridge if I have to)
    Tweaked Discovery uniforms to be more screen accurate. Maybe throw in an open jacket variant.
    Discovery Tactical vest
    Discovery Mirror Uniforms
    Discovery Mirror Emperor's Sword
    Discovery style Constitution Class
    Rest of Discovery Fed and Klingon fleet
    Spore Canister vanity pet?

I make these words my own.
  • tanman101tanman101 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    The federation ships could easily be added as a customization option to existing ships such as the temporal ships and the T6 nebula. The easiest ships to adapt would be the Sheppard, Cardenas, and Hoover Class. the other ships for Discovery would be a bit harder to see added but I feel that the ships I spoke about could and should be added into the game Asap.

https://trekmovie.com/2018/01/11/eaglemoss-unveils-first-wave-of-star-trek-discovery-ship-models/

This is a link to a detailed page for all the ships of Star trek: Discovery
  • dragonhef01dragonhef01 Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    TRIBBLE Connie costume available to the T1, 3, and 6. And of course, R&D Promo MU Defiant Refit Battlecruiser. T6 Connie + Duals & Heavies = God? Doesn't even have to have five/three slots, just a cruiser's typical four & four should more than suffice.
  • blitzy4blitzy4 Member Posts: 839 Arc User
    The Quad nacelle ship and the phaser pistol?
    jKixCmJ.jpg
    "..and like children playing after sunset, we were surrounded by darkness." -Ruri Hoshino

• tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    Bridges... Nimitz Class, Constitution Class, Cardenas Class, and Sheppard Class vessels, Mirror Universe uniforms, New Andorian racial parts to name a few...

Oh yeah, and a Bernham Boff
  • bberge1701bberge1701 Member Posts: 726 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2018
    I'd like a unique Kelpian bridge officer (ideally the reward for a Discovery-themed mission). S/he should have a unique trait -- something like "Acute Senses", but more ... Kelpian? When the trait fires, s/he would have a special "threat ganglia" animation. :)

Oh, and a Tardigrade non-combat pet (preferrably party-grade).
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,015 Community Moderator
    valoreah wrote: »
    Discovery Photon Torpedoes

Pretty sure the current TOS torps are close visually. Only difference is the impact sounds and animations.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    orion outpost on quonos
    the old high orion
    battle of the binary stars red alert
    a episode where we can fly the dscvry (fed) shinzo (rom) ...
    bridge crews (robot ,android ...)

hologram hails on sector space
    mirror stuff ,flag ship
    shuttles (at least the size of voth shuttle!!)
    a ground battle zone (like kobali but with better rewards and xp)
This discussion has been closed.