test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dissapointed in a few people I met recently.

gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
Was treated very poorly by a few people who will not be named on DS9 and found myself being ignored by them when I tried to compliment them. I hope I was just very unlucky to run into these scumbags, and will find they do not represent the RP community in this game as a whole.

I played another game where the RP community has rotted away into an insular circlejerk, and I do not relish the thought of it happening here too.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."

Comments

• professorremnantprofessorremnant Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I think it depends on what you mean by treated poorly, specifically. I've been ignored by using side comments to join in in a lot of games, I usually take that to mean "this is a private conversation, do you mind?" sort of gesture, but that's me.
  • gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    I think it depends on what you mean by treated poorly, specifically. I've been ignored by using side comments to join in in a lot of games, I usually take that to mean "this is a private conversation, do you mind?" sort of gesture, but that's me.

Well the use of the ignore function to block someone should be reserved for spammers and people who act rudely and unnaceptably towards you. I had only said hi. I've even tried to compliment people I've -never encountered before- only to be met with a So and So is ignoring you message. it's really despicable and ruins my enthusiasm for the game. I've never had this issue in most other games I play.

Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
  • professorremnantprofessorremnant Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I would write it off as an isolated incident and not get too worked up about it. My brother, for instance, hates it when people message him in MMO's. He's not into the social aspect of them, he does his thing, exploring, killing, questing, etc. I'd personally never put a person on ignore just for saying hi, but y'know...They probably had their reasons or inclinations.
    Don't get downhearted, big universe out there.
  • gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    If you made a lot of OOC comments in an RP event, they could have gotten annoyed at that. It is considered rude to do that after all. Or they are just jerks.

I had never even met this person before let alone had an RP event with them in it.

• killer1986chriskiller1986chris Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    You aren't entitled to other players time.