test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What Parts of Discovery Do You Want to See in STO?

Comments

• guljarolguljarol Member Posts: 979 Arc User
    Combat pet tardigrade. Or a regular pet but with an option to train it for combat, like Horta :smiley:
  • jslynjslyn Member Posts: 1,784 Arc User
    Everybody likes the tardigrade.

I would like an Episode with cast. I know that Mr. Rapp was rather up on the idea of appearing in the game.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    Personally I don't think it would be a good idea to add Discovery-related stuff ... yet.
    It's on Netflix everywhere outside the US and Canada. If your country has no access to Netflix, what are the chances you would have had access to a regular US American TV channel, where it would normally have been distributed?

And there's also the fact that the story is still developing to consider. Personally I would wait at least a few months until people have gotten a chance to catch up without the game spoilering things they have yet to see in the show - and at the same time giving the show itself a chance to develop and the storyline to unfold.
    That is definitely something to consider, but I figure that CBS and Cryptic will need to work out what they can and can't do...
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,754 Arc User
    Personally I don't think it would be a good idea to add Discovery-related stuff ... yet.
    It's on Netflix everywhere outside the US and Canada. If your country has no access to Netflix, what are the chances you would have had access to a regular US American TV channel, where it would normally have been distributed?

And there's also the fact that the story is still developing to consider. Personally I would wait at least a few months until people have gotten a chance to catch up without the game spoilering things they have yet to see in the show - and at the same time giving the show itself a chance to develop and the storyline to unfold.
    That is definitely something to consider, but I figure that CBS and Cryptic will need to work out what they can and can't do...

I wasn't aware that it's been brought to Netflix. That changes things considerably. Thanks.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • talgeezetalgeeze Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    Could be nice if the two missing Discovery Flag Officer Uniform badges were added.
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User
    Well, IF CBS keeps saying no to a T6 connie from TOS.....can we get a T6 Disc connie?
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    I want a chance to explore the Myclia Network in an episode or even an arc of episodes!!!
  • shevetshevet Member Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    The ships and the various cosmetic options people have already discussed - and, yeah, Kelpians, please.

The Discovery Mirror Universe uniforms are, of course, totally inappropriate for use in today's Starfleet... but darn, they look cool, we should definitely have them. Also, the ISS Charon, please. I'd like mine with racing stripes so it looks even cooler.

I don't like the look of the new Klingons at all... and I'm annoyed about the way that continuity issue hasn't been addressed... but, well, they've been in the show, some people must like them, they should be available.

Cyborgs would be nice. I like Airiam, she looks neat. (Just as a cosmetic option? Or would it be possible to add some games mechanics to this, maybe a "Cyborg" item slot or something?)
    8b6YIel.png?1
  • mephizton2092mephizton2092 Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    None of it.
    Aside from cosmetic options. Maybe even the endingcredits on a plaque floating around ESD.
    "Reports of our depression are vastly exaggerated."
    "Anyaway, we don't often see a sense of humor in Section 31."
  • steaensteaen Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    DSC Connie in the CStore. #wishfulthinking
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    Well, IF CBS keeps saying no to a T6 connie from TOS.....can we get a T6 Disc connie?

Sure:
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Temporal_Light_Cruiser
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    Tardigrades in sum capacity like a DOFF or more likely a pet.

A Kelpian too in sum form for STO.

The bridges for the ships it is pathetic & lazy that Cryptic didn't include these with the gambling ships.

Discovery's version of Terran Empire uniforms along with some of the other uniforms shown.

• flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    It's all great asking what we'd like to see from ST: Discovery, providing that it's mere desire; there's still a lot missing from the older shows that haven't made it into the game yet; Deltan, Benzite [Boffs], the Jem Hadar Battle Cruiser, the New Orleans Class - the list goes on.

The Orion market place on Qo'nos sounds like a good idea (maybe replace the Klingon Academy?); it's in dire need of an update. I'm not overly bothered by a Kelpian, though facial features in the alien generator wouldn't go amiss. The DSC Constitution skin should be applied to the Temporal Cruiser though - it's a bit cheeky for you (Cryptic) to sell us another ship so similar to what we've already got.

And, dare I say it, because I hate them, but the DSC Klingon appearance (I'd prefer the JJ Klingon's, but I don't believe that's possible at the minute?)
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • treizebooktreizebook Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    flash525 wrote: »
    (I'd prefer the JJ Klingon's, but I don't believe that's possible at the minute?)
    Kelvin Klingon appearence is available : cranial ridges are available at the tailor (not in the character creator), and the costume is
    buyable in the lobistore (including helmet and forehead jewels).

1518558615-screenshot-2017-07-19-11-12-37.jpg

All my Star trek Online screenshots on Deviantart
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    treizebook wrote: »
    (I'd prefer the JJ Klingon's, but I don't believe that's possible at the minute?)
    Kelvin Klingon appearence is available : cranial ridges are available at the tailor (not in the character creator), and the costume is buyable in the lobistore (including helmet and forehead jewels).
    Ah, well I'll be damned! I did not know this haha. Thanks!

attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    It's all great asking what we'd like to see from ST: Discovery, providing that it's mere desire; there's still a lot missing from the older shows that haven't made it into the game yet; Deltan, Benzite [Boffs], the Jem Hadar Battle Cruiser, the New Orleans Class - the list goes on.
    And this thing:
    latest?cb=20061122043414&path-prefix=en
    and those things:
    latest?cb=20171016123448&path-prefix=en
    and this other thing:
    latest?cb=20100624230554&path-prefix=en

I'd REALLY love to fly this thing though:
    latest?cb=20120819195918&path-prefix=en
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    3/4 of your pics are broken.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    I support Kelpians in my diet, er I mean as player characters in my game, playing one would be tasty, er I mean fun, yes fun.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    And this thing:
    Insectoid_ship.jpg
    and those things:
    Elysian_ships_2.jpg
    and this other thing:
    Emergent_lifeform.jpg

I'd REALLY love to fly this thing though:
    Tarellian_starship%2C_forward_view.jpg
    rattler2 wrote: »
    3/4 of your pics are broken.
    How does it look now?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    Better.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    I must say: Those Mirror outfits look nice....
    I, also, like the more blingy, ceremonial looking dresses on the Klingon.
    Didn't see if there were Mirror Universe Klingons???
    I quit paying attention...I got tired of the arguing.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    where2r1 wrote: »

Voq was in the mirror universe yes.
  • the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    You can't even make a true white like the medics in the show. WTH?

that's because the engine doesn't support true white any more than it supports true back​​

Look man. If you want to defend that game, ok. but don't say things that are just not true:

BlnEpSR.jpg

h3MePBI.jpg

I know that different textures take colors different. But the point is the textures they used for the Discovery uniforms do NOT take the colors in a way that matches the show. That is the fault of whoever designed those uniforms and textures, not the game's engine.

He was actually right. even in the pics you've shared it's an eggwhite offshoot.
  • the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    I'd say only the weapons really. The races absolutely not! The rest of the ships? Absolutely NOT! The storylines? No thank you! Please keep this a TNG DS9 VOY style game thank you!
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    I am all for letting people get what they want, but if this turns into Discovery Trek Online then I am pretty much done with this game. This is the first time I ever said such a thing and normally wouldn't want to.
    Post edited by avoozuul on
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    Well, let's start by what I DON'T want to see anywhere close to the game:
    -anything involving the DSC Klingons. Only the Sarcophagus was close enough to a Klingon ship general-shape-wise.

Now, what I want:
    -One of Ripper's fellows as a Boff. That was the original idea involving him in Discovery: he was supposed to be Stamets' superior and have his own custom uniform. They nixed the idea because it was deemed too expensive (while making those incredibly impractical and expensive Klingon changes in everything was deemed AOK, go figures).
    -The ISS Charon. Because why not? Perhaps Mirror!Leeta would try to TRIBBLE up her timeline even more to get that ship, then you disable and get your hands on it (after going through the lockbox/promo pack treatment, of course)
    -MU uniforms, including the Emperor's clothes and weapons (gimme that death disk). Well, there are the TOS, ENT and STO versions already, so the DSC version is the next logical addition.
    -a temporal mission during the Battle of the Binary Stars
    -a temporal mission where you rescue the Firewolf and his allies

And most importantly:
    -accurate DSC energy weapon sounds
    -color accurate DSC uniforms
    -Walker and Crossfield-Class bridges at last!
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    rattler2 wrote: »
    where2r1 wrote: »

Voq was in the mirror universe yes.

Thanks Rattler....

Meh. I looked him up on Google. Mirror Universe Klingon outfits are bland. I rather have the bejeweled ones.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • tunicate515#4416 tunicate515 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    You can't even make a true white like the medics in the show. WTH?

that's because the engine doesn't support true white any more than it supports true back​​

Look man. If you want to defend that game, ok. but don't say things that are just not true:

BlnEpSR.jpg

h3MePBI.jpg

I know that different textures take colors different. But the point is the textures they used for the Discovery uniforms do NOT take the colors in a way that matches the show. That is the fault of whoever designed those uniforms and textures, not the game's engine.

He was actually right. even in the pics you've shared it's an eggwhite offshoot.

I don't care what name you want to call it, it's still a hell of a lot closer to the color in the show than you can get with the actual discovery uniform. And the point is, regardless of the engine's capability, the discovery uniform should be able to use whatever color is the CLOSEST to the show that the game can actually render. And it isn't.
This discussion has been closed.