test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What Parts of Discovery Do You Want to See in STO?

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
Now that the first season of Discovery has wrapped up, what parts of the show do you want to see make it into our game? Consider this thread a spoiler heavy zone. :)

Comments

• legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,279 Arc User
    all the parts that haven't already been added...even the horrible klingork faces, because i know someone out there actually LIKES them​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    Naturally:
    DMSA03dUIAA5ZRg.jpg

And also:
    • Kelpians
    • Klingons
    • Cyborgs
    • The people
    • All the ships
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • mikejf1220#5024 mikejf1220 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    Gotta agree with what someone said on your twitter post:

I mean its beyond ridiculous that you would add uniforms to the game but not even have the correct colors. You can't even make a true white like the medics in the show. WTH?
  • engelenhartengelenhart Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    I'll have Detmer as a bridge officer please. And those mirror uniforms would be nice too.
    You can't even make a true white like the medics in the show. WTH?

that's because the engine doesn't support true white any more than it supports true back​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • mikejf1220#5024 mikejf1220 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    You can't even make a true white like the medics in the show. WTH?

that's because the engine doesn't support true white any more than it supports true back​​

Look man. If you want to defend that game, ok. but don't say things that are just not true:

BlnEpSR.jpg

h3MePBI.jpg

I know that different textures take colors different. But the point is the textures they used for the Discovery uniforms do NOT take the colors in a way that matches the show. That is the fault of whoever designed those uniforms and textures, not the game's engine.
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    I'd rather see more of the non-ST:D stuff which hasn't been added to the game yet first, and certain T1 and T5 ships to finally get T6 treatment.
    that isn't true white - true white is 255, 255, 255 - numbers the engine cannot support, just as they can't support 0, 0, 0 as true black; anything using that number code would be rendered invisible, not black​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• that isn't true white - true white is 255, 255, 255 - numbers the engine cannot support, just as they can't support 0, 0, 0 as true black; anything using that number code would be rendered invisible, not black​​

Listen: you aren't wrong about the game engine rendering colors. But you weren't making that statement in a vacuum. You were responding to someone saying the discovery uniforms don't look correct. And in response to that topic, your response IS wrong, because the game engine color issue has nothing to do with this. As the pics posted above show, it IS possible to get the correct "white" that matches the discovery medical uniforms with other clothing pieces. That means the dev who designed the discovery uniforms used a texture that does not allow the uniform to be colored correct (compared to the show). So your commentary about the game engine color rendering IS wrong as a response to this issue.
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
    MU uniforms and the rest of the ships shown in Discovery
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • alexraptorralexraptorr Member Posts: 1,192 Arc User
      edited February 2018
      Well first off, I want a "Mycelium-Warhead Photon Torpedo Launcher Mk XIV!"
      Seriously the whole idea of those space magic spores being loaded into photon torpedo warheads to give them extra oomph is practically crying out to be made into a new EPG based torpedo for us Science captains! Would go very nicely with our Crossfields.

And we absolutely need proper Bridges for the Crossfield, Walker and Sarcophagus ships, as has been the gold standard for lockbox/lobi ships for most of their existence.

Would also love to see the Orion outpost from the finale as a social zone on Qo'nos, as well as an overall expansion of traditional MMO fetch/kill quests to discover on different worlds and social zones. Something that a lot of can be added to the game and flesh out the game world to make it feel a bit more alive, and yet not require as much development time as elaborate Episodes with cutscenes.(I know, maybe I went off on a tangent, but I'm trying to justify the addition of a new social zone here!!!)
      "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." - Q
    • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,005 Community Moderator
      Discovery phaser pistol to go with the Discovery rifle. (hell just use the Kelvin Pistol functionality)
      Discovery Shuttle
      Discovery Klingon outfit/appearance
      Discovery Klingon rifle, pistol, Bat'leth, and Mek'leth
      Full Discovery interior (will settle for bridge if I have to)
      Tweaked Discovery uniforms to be more screen accurate. Maybe throw in an open jacket variant.
      Discovery Tactical vest
      Discovery Mirror Uniforms
      Discovery Mirror Emperor's Sword
      Discovery style Constitution Class
      Rest of Discovery Fed and Klingon fleet
      Spore Canister vanity pet?
      db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
      I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
      The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
      Naturally:
      DMSA03dUIAA5ZRg.jpg

And also:
      • Kelpians
      • Klingons
      • Cyborgs
      • The people
      • All the ships
      You left out:
      killy.jpg
      -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
      My character Tsin'xing
      Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    • lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
      > @alexraptorr said:
      > Well first off, I want a "Mycelium-Warhead Photon Torpedo Launcher Mk XIV!"
      > Seriously the whole idea of those space magic spores being loaded into photon torpedo warheads to give them extra oomph is practically crying out to be made into a new EPG based torpedo for us Science captains! Would go very nicely with our Crossfields.
      >
      > And we absolutely need proper Bridges for the Crossfield, Walker and Sarcophagus ships, as has been the gold standard for lockbox/lobi ships for most of their existence.
      >
      > Would also love to see the Orion outpost from the finale as a social zone on Qo'nos, as well as an overall expansion of traditional MMO fetch/kill quests to discover on different worlds and social zones. Something that a lot of can be added to the game and flesh out the game world to make it feel a bit more alive, and yet not require as much development time as elaborate Episodes with cutscenes.(I know, maybe I went off on a tangent, but I'm trying to justify the addition of a new social zone here!!!)

Yes to the Orion quarter on Qo'nos as a social zone (or Ter'jas Mor the new Orion home world).
    • lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
      The Empress's Palace Starship.

Mirror Universe Walker and Discovery classes.

Some of the outfits the Orions wore and the outfit Mirror Captain/Empress's wore on Qo'nos.
    • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
      Captain Killy!

mEwadJW.jpg

The Other Ships!

eagle_allships.jpg

Mirror Uniforms!

s1-e10-killy.jpg

----

No Space Pig!

star-trek-discovery-1x05-choose-your-pain-trailer-18.jpg
      2gdi5w4mrudm.png
      Typhoon Class please!
    • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
      edited February 2018
      Double post
      2gdi5w4mrudm.png
      Typhoon Class please!
    • bawdytieflingbawdytiefling Member Posts: 58 Arc User
      I'd love to get the Tardigrade species in the game as part of a mission. Would be interesting if we could attempt to gain back their trust.

I'd like a Discovery medical badge with the different ranks like the science, operations, and command badges.

Those civilian outfits the away team wore to the Orion camp would be great, as well as some more costume options for Orions (like the chain the male Orion "companion" was wearing).

Kelpian player characters and boffs would be nice, or even just adding additional parts to the alien character creator so we could create them.

On that note, an update to Tellarite and Andorian character creator options would be cool too, to reflect the new elements introduced to each species.

The head gear the comm officers wear would be nice too.
    • gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
      None of it. Aside from cosmetic options.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
      Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
      he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
      In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
      He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
      He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
      He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
      He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
    • jrdobbsjr#3264 jrdobbsjr Member Posts: 431 Arc User
      The TRIBBLE Connie....either in the Zen or Lobi store, if you please.

Mirror uniforms
      ISS prefix for Feds

Rest of it can burn.......Mirror Georgiou far exceeds the most murderous tyrants in human history In the Prime Universe and the Feds hired her to burn Q'onos for them. Roddenberry is spinning in his grave right now.
    • thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User
      Now that the first season of Discovery has wrapped up, what parts of the show do you want to see make it into our game? Consider this thread a spoiler heavy zone. :)

The USS ENTERPRISE NCC-1701 from ST:Discovery S1E15

svn0kzs2wof01.jpg
      STAR TREK
      lD8xc9e.png
    • treizebooktreizebook Member Posts: 25 Arc User
      edited February 2018
      - More FED ships (maybe as new temporal ships costumes ?)
      - Other DSC ships (Fed shuttle, Vulcan ship, Terran Imperial ship, Klingon cruisers...)
      - Discovery bridge + full interior (+ walker bridge variant ?)
      - More ground weapons (pistol, bat'leth)
      - New species seen on the Discovery bridge (still waiting for Jaylah species from ST Beyond...)
      - Klingon appearance (faces, uniforms, environmental suit)
      - Mirror uniforms
      - Vulcan outfits (like Sarek's)
      All my Star trek Online screenshots on Deviantart
    • captainbmoneycaptainbmoney Member Posts: 1,323 Arc User
      Mirror Disc Uniforms, All the Klingon Houses Uniforms, Disc Shuttle, KDF Fighter, a Crossfield Class Cruiser Type. Discovery Compression Pistol for Feds and KDF, Kelpin Boff/Doff. NPC's of the other ships for both factions, Torchberrer Bat'Leth and Mek'leth.

Like my fanpage!
      https://www.facebook.com/CaptainBMoney913
    • psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,644 Arc User
      A mission and map to visit the Orion Embassy on Qo'noS. That intrigued me. Especially in light of STO's closer ties between Klingons and Orions in the 25th century. It would be an opportunity to see more of Qo'noS.
      (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
    • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
      jexsamx wrote: »
      Klingon nipples.

tenor.gif?itemid=9964726

GwaoHAD.png
    • ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
      What would be nice is before adding more Discovery you add some of the missing TNG-VOY Era ships not available at T6 like the VOR'CHA, Nova, Sabre, Steamrunner, Ambassador (Either new ship or allow us to use the skin on the T6 Guardian) just to name a few
      maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
    • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
      Kelpians.

Klingon costumes (especially the Torchbearer stuff) and new look as option.

The new ship designs for Starfleet and Klingons. Specifically also the new Connie model.

A mission set partially on one of those old ships. (Can be later reused as an interior for the DIS-based ships). Maybe with some creepy atmosphere.

A mission set on the Orion part of Q'onoS, with the undercover work feeling of the final DIS episode. Maybe also involving some contemporary worshipers of Molor. Maybe this could even tie in with the Fek'Ihri and the Hurq.
      Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
    • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,782 Arc User
      Personally I don't think it would be a good idea to add Discovery-related stuff ... yet.

In many countries, Discovery cannot even be seen due to the stupid way CBS decided to release it. I can still watch it through some illegitimate websites, but I'm far behind the current episode.

I know, this is hardly a reason to not release new game content for everyone else, but at the same time I can't imagine I'm the only one who would like to watch Discovery but hasn't gotten around to it, or facing similar difficulties.

And there's also the fact that the story is still developing to consider. Personally I would wait at least a few months until people have gotten a chance to catch up without the game spoilering things they have yet to see in the show - and at the same time giving the show itself a chance to develop and the storyline to unfold.
      [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
    This discussion has been closed.