test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Costume Request Thread

Comments

• psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,644 Arc User
    Trek finally has a digitigrade alien as a main character - in the form of Saru. It's time to add that option to the Alien template. As well as to the Caitian and Ferasan species. Saru's boots - and some variants for other uniforms - would be an awesome choice going forward.

DLqaYmbX0AAWCsa.jpg

(/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    psiameese wrote: »
    Trek finally has a digitigrade alien as a main character - in the form of Saru. It's time to add that option to the Alien template. As well as to the Caitian and Ferasan species. Saru's boots - and some variants for other uniforms - would be an awesome choice going forward.
    I'm not an expert on the matter but I think adding digigrade option would mean making a a brand new model skeleton that would work with most costumes, not exactly minor work, if you look now all character use essentially the same 3D rig just with parts of it scaled differently.

while more options in the alien tailor would be nice, I say that things that demand making a custom 3D model are unlikely.
  • themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    > @spiritborn said:
    > psiameese wrote: »
    >
    > Trek finally has a digitigrade alien as a main character - in the form of Saru. It's time to add that option to the Alien template. As well as to the Caitian and Ferasan species. Saru's boots - and some variants for other uniforms - would be an awesome choice going forward.
    >
    >
    >
    > I'm not an expert on the matter but I think adding digigrade option would mean making a a brand new model skeleton that would work with most costumes, not exactly minor work, if you look now all character use essentially the same 3D rig just with parts of it scaled differently.
    >
    > while more options in the alien tailor would be nice, I say that things that demand making a custom 3D model are unlikely.

It would indeed mean extra complexity, at least for the lower half, as a standard leg has three points of major articulation (hips, knees, ankles). Digitigrade adds not only a fourth point, but requires a complete shift in how the leg itself articulates.
    Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
  • bberge1701bberge1701 Member Posts: 726 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2018
    Bony eyebrows for Andorians, as seen in Discovery. Basically just a scaled-down version of the Lissepian eyebrows we already have for aliengen characters. Other than the eyebrows, I think they're pretty much the same as we've seen before.

Also tusks for Tellarites, which I would assume would be a lot more work.
  • soullessraptorsoullessraptor Member Posts: 353 Arc User
    > @bberge1701 said:
    > Bony eyebrows for Andorians, as seen in Discovery. Basically just a scaled-down version of the Lissepian eyebrows we already have for aliengen characters. Other than the eyebrows, I think they're pretty much the same as we've seen before.
    >
    > Also tusks for Tellarites, which I would assume would be a lot more work.

Only if one were to map it to the existing NPCs who talk in scene. Standard ones would only take a bit of rig work
  • gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    Geordi-esque Eye implant iris styles.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • alfredyoualfredyou Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    we need more jewlery
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    I haven't played this game in a while, have they added the Skant yet? :P
  • bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User

Yes, a while back​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
    bloodyriz wrote: »

Yes, a while back​​

Wow they actually did? I'm proud of you Cryptic, it only took you like 8 years. :tongue:

Now, about the Dura's Sisters outfits....

klingon+women.jpg
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User

Yes, a while back​​

Wow they actually did? I'm proud of you Cryptic, it only took you like 8 years. :tongue:

klingon+women.jpg

We absolutely need those!
    jcsww wrote: »

Yes, a while back

klingon+women.jpg

Agreed!​​
    signature.png
  • f3nr1r#1075 f3nr1r Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Discovery terran empire uniforms, thanks.
  • cipher06cipher06 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I have a question about the MACOs. We all have seen or even have their armor sets. But would anyone have an idea of what colors (or colours) would be on their duty uniform? I honestly would love to see something drawn up officially as my main toon is a proud MACO.

Or maybe, JUST MAYBE, for the Odyssey Excursion uniforms, could that uniform have the option to add body armor (like our current modern body armor) as a look/form of protection? Or something akin to the Discovery field jackets/body armor.

Any responses would be appreciated.

I yield the floor. Thank you.
    jcsww wrote: »

Yes, a while back​​

klingon+women.jpg

You know it!
  • kingjarethkingjareth Member Posts: 1 Arc User

Yes, a while back​​

Awesome! Is it possible to get those, still, or were they only available during the event last year?
    kingjareth wrote: »

Yes, a while back

Awesome! Is it possible to get those, still, or were they only available during the event last year?

That I cannot answer, since I did get them back then I cannot check their availability now.​​
    signature.png
    Wait, they were tied to an event? Lame.
    signature.png
    Wait, they were tied to an event? Lame.

See what happens when you leave? :P Wven when you don't feel like playing, you should still stick around to grab the freebies.
  • vaklovaklo Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    Standard uniforms for Andrea android boff. The TOS outfit is well done and looks just like TV, but I want my officers to be uniformed.

• vonestelvonestel Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    Can we please get some sort of medical Jacket for the Federation like Dr. Crusher wore? You actually have one in the game...for the Romulans. If you would just make that available for the feds too, that would be great.
    vonestel wrote: »
    Can we please get some sort of medical Jacket for the Federation like Dr. Crusher wore? You actually have one in the game...for the Romulans. If you would just make that available for the feds too, that would be great.

Good idea.​​
    signature.png
  • nefarius2nefarius2 Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    I would love if my Romulan Embassy Boff could wear the standard Rom Republic uniform.
  • masticore1984masticore1984 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I wish I would have known that I wouldn't be able to mix and match Terran, counter-command, and Tzenkethi Uniform peices or any really, before I wasted my time, efforts, and money in the case of the Tzenkethi armor, on getting these uniforms.

What is actually preventing me from doing so? Who's Bright Idea was it to not allow that level of customization? I can't be the first or only person not happy with: A.) not being able to mix and match uniform pieces; B.) not having that particular bit of information readily available to me before making such purchase or effort.

Can I get an Amen?
    I wish I would have known that I wouldn't be able to mix and match Terran, counter-command, and Tzenkethi Uniform peices or any really, before I wasted my time, efforts, and money in the case of the Tzenkethi armor, on getting these uniforms.

What is actually preventing me from doing so? Who's Bright Idea was it to not allow that level of customization? I can't be the first or only person not happy with: A.) not being able to mix and match uniform pieces; B.) not having that particular bit of information readily available to me before making such purchase or effort.

Can I get an Amen?

Costume restrictions have always been one of the major disappointing aspects of STO. It has been this way for so long, people have given up on asking because you have a better chance of getting an answer from a brick wall.
  • jamieblanchardjamieblanchard Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    I'll third that "Amen" for what it's worth. I'm all for some mix and match space barbie. Heck, I'm still waiting for having it be that one may have their boffs wear the aloha shirt! Maybe some t-shirt and tank top options wearable by captains and boffs alike.
    Resident TOS, G.I. Joe, Transformers and hair metal fangirl.

And knowing is half the battle!

21 'til I die!
  • themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    Regarding the level-unlocked armor pieces: can we get the nice and shiny versions along with the beat up versions on both Fed AND KDF? Reason I ask is because I refuse to believe a species like the Orion, who are fastidious in their appearance, would allow themselves to be decked out in what would be, to them, substandard equipment.
    Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
  • jadzia8jadzia8 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    i would like to see Xyrellian details added to the alien creator. source is ST:ENT S1 E4 "Unexpected"