What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread for Re-Engineering

1235»

Comments

• where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    frtoaster wrote: »
    Is there a reason why consumables aren't salvageable? It's not a huge deal, but I do have stacks of batteries in my inventories and banks that I don't do anything with. In my experience, consumables are one of the most common loot drops.

You could just email the batts over to me. Or meet me in KDF Academy. LOL! I am leveling two more characters, you know. :smiley:

Besides, one can buy stacks of them for EC at the vendors. I don't think they want people to trade EC for Salvage without someone having gained it via playing the game. Be it loot drops from missions or crafting. For example: buy metric tons of cheap commodities or consumables or low level gear at vendors to turn around and trade for the Salvage currency.

Of course, my inner Ferengi is speaking, right now...as I am selling off all my loot on the Exchange for a nicer profit than usual vendor. LOL!
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    where2r1 wrote: »
    Besides, one can buy stacks of them for EC at the vendors. I don't think they want people to trade EC for Salvage without someone having gained it via playing the game. Be it loot drops from missions or crafting. For example: buy metric tons of cheap commodities or consumables or low level gear at vendors to turn around and trade for the Salvage currency.

I thought that might be the reason, but the gear sold by the EC vendors is salvageable, or at least it was the last time I checked. Or is that a bug?
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    I thought that might be the reason, but the gear sold by the EC vendors is salvageable, or at least it was the last time I checked. Or is that a bug?

Hmm...then why in the hell is anyone buying things from the Exchange???? LOL!

Anyhoo....I was thinking about this, this morning.....and aren't the Ferengi the scavengers and collectors of "salvage" in Star Trek???? Why isn't salvage currency used in the Ferengi Admiralty in place of that useless Gold Plated Latinum????

Or find a way to turn in GPL for Salvage currency, like one can trade Back and forth between Commodities/EC/GPL with DOFF assignments.

"Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User

Hmm...then why in the hell is anyone buying things from the Exchange???? LOL!

I'm not sure. Possibly, the higher rarity items yield more salvage.

Anyhoo....I was thinking about this, this morning.....and aren't the Ferengi the scavengers and collectors of "salvage" in Star Trek???? Why isn't salvage currency used in the Ferengi Admiralty in place of that useless Gold Plated Latinum????

The characterization of the Ferengi on the shows has changed over the years, but I primarily see them as a race of traders and merchants. I suppose some of them could be scavengers and salvagers, but I don't see that as their primary characteristic.

Or find a way to turn in GPL for Salvage currency, like one can trade Back and forth between Commodities/EC/GPL with DOFF assignments.

I remember Borticus said that one of the goals of the re-engineering system was to get people to stop selling so many items to vendors. It seems to have worked temporarily, but I'm not sure how long that will last. I'd be open to another way of converting convert EC (or GPL) into salvage, but it's ultimately up to Cryptic.
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png