test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[PC] Get a Lukari Scout Ship from your Dranuur Colony!

2»

Comments

• Options
    xradrisxradris Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I just bought 5 ships modules, but now I have to wait for Colony 5.............. Nice way to treat your Whale.... The last thing I bought was the Miracles Ships bundles, and it was a mistake, You guys keep working in the wrong direction.
  • Options
    anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    tigeraries wrote: »
    This is not an unlock... it is a one time purchase PER character. 5 fleet mods is $25 roughly speaking. You discard the ship and no more, another 5 mods to rebuy it again.

This is an unlock for getting the colony to tier 5, just like the ability to buy Kentari Bridge Officers is an unlock for getting the Morale track to tier 5. Virtually nothing is given to you for free for getting those tiers unlocked in any holding except for visuals for the holding itself.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • Options
    iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    It is nice that the 3 finalists for the pick the ship design contest are now in the game. Kudos for that.

With that said, I have to agree with those that say the price for the ship is simply too high. Yes, fleet mods can be purchased on the exchange, as long as someone buys them with Zen and then puts them up for sale. That does take the sting out a bit. However, without some sort of character unlock there is no way I would even consider getting this ship on multiple characters. And I'm all about alts so...

Anyway, I think if the first ship had this price and then characters on the same account with access to the T5 Colony could get the ship for just 1 fleet mod, that I could possibly get behind. As it currently stands now though, I will pass on this ship.

Of course, this is all pretty much a moot point for me anyway as my fleets are not even half way through T3 yet. T5 will likely be more than 6 months away, more likely a year.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • Options
    lnbladelnblade Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    r5e4w3q2 wrote: »
    I wonder what the T6 Nova crowd will think of this ship. I seem to remember some of them asking for raider flanking?
    Personally, I'm all for a T6 Nova as a scout ship. I think it fits nicely with the design being a repurposed Defiant prototype. I wouldn't mind having the Dranuur, it's the design I liked most from the contest and overall I like the idea of scout ships (I haven't had any experience with flying one yet). But I have two problems, the first being that my fleet is a long way off from having access to the Dranuur and the second is that I think charging a standard C-store price for a per-character unlock ship is unreasonable. I would either make it an account purchase or lower it to 2 or 3 fleet modules and maybe add 40k-50k dilithium to the price.
  • Options
    darthgreaterdarthgreater Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    25 dollars for a one character ship after the grind of getting the colony to T5? PASS
  • Options
    sarvour0sarvour0 Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    Will we be able to discard this ship?

For some reason I expect it to come back whenever I try to throw it away.

'Boomerang' was my first thought too. An 'organic bat'leth' was my second.
    That said not too shabby for a T6 Sci ship. Only 2 Device slots was a bit surprising, shouldn't it be 3 Device Slots?
    IF the third is missing please fix it. Or at least explain what the tradeoff is. What was the 3rd slot sacked for?

Is this a Fleet Ship Only? Or are there both Standard & Fleet versions of this ship?
    IF it is Fleet Only that makes it less likely I will even bother; a 5 FSM price tag guarantees I won't.
    25 dollars for a one character ship after the grind of getting the colony to T5? PASS
    For the record, I would like to get the Lifetime Sub as soon as I am able. Beyond that the priority for purchases are;
    #1. Bank & Inventory Slots
    #2. Ship Slots
    #3. BOff & doff slots.
    Not Fleet Ship Modules.
    Post edited by sarvour0 on
    4073703.jpg
    [SIGPIC]Sarvour Shipyards[/SIGPIC]Sarvour Shipyards
    =A=Commodore Joshua Daniel Sarvour, S.C.E.
    U.S.S. AKAGI NX-93347, Enterprise-class Battle Cruiser =A= U.S.S. T'KORA'S WRATH NX-110047, Odyssey-class Battle Cruiser

"There Ain't No Grave, Can Hold My Body Down..."

PS - I fully support a T6 Nova, fixing the Nova skins. I am also rooting for a T6 Science Cruiser, that can use Nova/Rhode Island skins.
    T6 Nova/Rhode Island, T6 Oberth & T6 Constellation are needed. Also needed a T6 Science Cruiser, that can wear any Science or Cruiser skin.
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    sarvour0 wrote: »
    Is this a Fleet Ship Only? Or are there both Standard & Fleet versions of this ship?
    IF it is Fleet Only that makes it less likely I will even bother; a 5 FSM price tag guarantees I won't.

There is only 1 fleet version, comes with 11 console slots, unique console and ship trait. But yeah you need 5 Mods... so roughly speaking $25 per toon once your fleet colony finishes. Don't think you can visit someone elses T5 colony to buy ship since you cant do that for other fleet ships.

• Options
    capac1bird1qcapac1bird1q Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    > @djf021 said:
    > It's actually a very good price. It's the price of a T5 ship ($25 US, not including a sale) plus a little grind for the fleet credits. And after the stats are corrected as Spartan mentioned above, it's a fleet level, Tier 6 ship. In terms of real money, (again, not including a sale) C-Store ships are $30 + $5 for fleet ship module. So this ship is the same quality level for $10 less than the same ship + module pairing from the C-Store.

It's not a good price. First you have to grind the Hundreds of thousands of Dil to level up the fleet colony holding to Lv.5. Then you need to grind up the fleet modules, so much cheaper to make the Dil into keys and buy a better ship on the Exchange.
  • Options
    burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    Only in Crypticland does the idea that making a fleet spend potential millions of dil and ec to grind away to a reward then gate that reward behind an individual, per character cost of a considerable amount make sense

It akin to "Congrats, you studied for 5 years to get the job you dreamed of, having to pay for tution, houing and all that.... now pay us a million pounds/dollars/other to actually get the job!"
  • Options
    dostunuzdostunuz Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Character unlock only, requires t5 colony and 2.5k zen, will never buy.
  • Options
    sovereign010sovereign010 Member Posts: 636 Arc User
    nommo#5819 wrote: »
    celku wrote: »
    I'd like to thank the development team for developing a way to release the other ship designs that didn't win the contest.

Often times, different people get stuck on liking different designs and are disappointed when that design doesn't win. This is a great way for them to feel like the development team is listening to feedback from the playerbase, so thank you.

I agree with that sentiment & hope Cryptic ponders expanding this innovative concept, but at the cost Cryptic is placing on this ship for it's debut example the value is nearly absent being only unlocked per character & not reclaimable.

Or have the other designs as an alternate 'skin' for the ship.

But yeah, if 5 modules unlocked the ship account-wide I might be persuaded, otherwise no way. I have earmarked most of the modules I have for various toons and can't justify them being blown on one ship, even if it was one they could all use.
  • Options
    sovereign010sovereign010 Member Posts: 636 Arc User
    sarvour0 wrote: »
    For the record, I would like to get the Lifetime Sub as soon as I am able. Beyond that the priority for purchases are;
    #1. Bank & Inventory Slots
    #2. Ship Slots
    #3. BOff & doff slots.
    Not Fleet Ship Modules.
    I got the LTM 3 1/2 years ago during a sale, if you're a regular player as I am it's well worth it.

That said, because I have ten characters I'm not going to purchase any services that benefit just one- there's no way in hell I'm paying for each individually - which is why the only slots I'm buying are shared account-wide ones.

Which is why, if in the future Cryptic offered the same services that applied account wide I'd be far more likely to splash out. I'm kind of surprised they haven't done so already. As it stands I'm having to do a lot more housekeeping with my ships, first getting rid of any 10-console ones when I collect their masteries to make room for new ones, followed by parts of ship packs since I'm unlikely to be using more than one of each at a time. As long as I hold on to at least one ship per pack I can use them to store their unique consoles and take the pressure off my bank.
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,318 Arc User
    My radiation builds are very interested in the trait, but i am weary about the cost.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    Can you use the Ho'kuun skin on it if you own it?
  • Options
    tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    avoozuul wrote: »
    Can you use the Ho'kuun skin on it if you own it?
    I do believe so... I seem to recall one of the preview vids on YouTube had show that it could use any of the other 2 Lukari ship's skins...
  • Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    I was wondering when Third-Place Lukari ship would show up :)

I'm hoping Second-Place Lukari ship will get an T6 upgrade (C-Store, please?) someday (but I hope it doesn't get put into Fleet Holdings. I may be the rare one out there that's not tied into a Fleet) :smiley:
    If you have the flying saucer you can use it's costume on the Ho'kuun, and probably the scout ship.

How do you obtain the flying saucer skin?
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    jcsww wrote: »
    I was wondering when Third-Place Lukari ship would show up :)

I'm hoping Second-Place Lukari ship will get an T6 upgrade (C-Store, please?) someday (but I hope it doesn't get put into Fleet Holdings. I may be the rare one out there that's not tied into a Fleet) :smiley:
    If you have the flying saucer you can use it's costume on the Ho'kuun, and probably the scout ship.

How do you obtain the flying saucer skin?
    T5 lockbox ship IIRC. It's called Lukari N'kaam. they're less than 13M right now.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    T5 'booby' prize ships should be no more than 4-5 million. Anything higher is because of the costume unlock. Now, Mirror T5s that also give a costume unlock are in the range I gave above.

The people that gave you 2,000,000 Dilitium Enterprise MACO Outfits can be trusted to price this ship like this.

This is way off as you shouldn't have been able to buy this ship for at least 290 days past when this Colony dropped in our laps.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    We already have a T6 Connie, Excelsior, and Miranda, which leaves the Oberth and it will never be a T6 now. It's the only one of the remaining TMP ships and the only science one at that to get the shaft.