test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Phoenix Lock Box questions

tomgonjinn23tomgonjinn23 Member Posts: 204 Arc User
I caved and I ended up buying the Jem'Hadar Dread T6 and I'm very happy with it. Coupled with the extra tank ability of Honored Dead, Miracle Worker and Command specs. I can't die and I'm still doing respectable damage. I currently have the Adv. Jem'Hadar fighters on it as they seem to respond to carrier commands better.

My questions are as follows: Does anyone have any guesses as to when the next phoenix lock box event will be happening. Also does anyone have the odds of getting a UR or epic token? I really want the JHAS and phoenix lock box seems to be the best way to get it by far.

Thanks for any and all help.

Comments

• Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    No idea when since we had one recently. My wild guess at the odds after opening several hundred boxes is 1 in 100 or less for an UR -- it's the epic that is really low like 1:250 or 1:500.
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    Yeah, last time I purchased a bunch of Phoenix boxes I only got one epic token out of several hundred. It's a very rare drop. I've gotten only a few UR tokens. By far the uncommon, rare and VR are what drop for me.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    Well if it won't be coming for a while at least i'll have a ridiculous amount of dilithium when it does occur. I don't really need an epic token but I know it degrades to 2 UR tokens which is what I need for a JHAS. I've had the T5 for years and I finally want to get the frigate pets.
  • Options
    anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    The last one was a come-on to get the last few extra Zen purchases from people during the week of Christmas. It only ran for 5 days, rather than a week, and had no new items in it, so I wouldn't be terribly surprised if there was another fairly soon. If I had to guess, I'd say there would be another full week of Phoenix boxes before the end of March.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    I caved and I ended up buying the Jem'Hadar Dread T6 and I'm very happy with it. Coupled with the extra tank ability of Honored Dead, Miracle Worker and Command specs. I can't die and I'm still doing respectable damage. I currently have the Adv. Jem'Hadar fighters on it as they seem to respond to carrier commands better.

My questions are as follows: Does anyone have any guesses as to when the next phoenix lock box event will be happening. Also does anyone have the odds of getting a UR or epic token? I really want the JHAS and phoenix lock box seems to be the best way to get it by far.

Thanks for any and all help.

It seems like it happens around 4 times a year. So, do the math there.
    My wild guess at the odds after opening several hundred boxes is 1 in 100 or less for an UR -- it's the epic that is really low like 1:250 or 1:500.

Sounds about right based on all the anecdotal evidence. A tribble test would be a good idea next time around. Maybe one of us can test 10,000 packs.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    tacticalrooktacticalrook Member Posts: 810 Arc User
    JHAS from phoenix costs a lot of zens or dils, JHAS from another player can be bought with worthless ECs.
    /channel_join grind
  • Options
    JHAS from phoenix costs a lot of zens or dils, JHAS from another player can be bought with worthless ECs.

I disagree. Phoenix packs are better than superior tech upgrades: they use less dil and cost no EC or mats. Your dil just turns into upgrade tokens.
  • Options
    slifox#0768 slifox Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    My experience has shown with $200 invested, I can at least get 1 epic and several ultra rare drops. And of course everything else gets turned into hundreds upon hundreds of Phoenix upgrades. Over the past few times, I’ve been lucky to get several epics. One of my characters has all the ultra Rare drops and I have the rest of the ultra rares in the bank. I don’t mind spending real money on the Phoenix boxes.
  • Options

I disagree. Phoenix packs are better than superior tech upgrades: they use less dil and cost no EC or mats. Your dil just turns into upgrade tokens.

I don't use superior kits, dil is far too valuable to spend that way.
    /channel_join grind
  • Options

How do you upgrade without spending any dil? Do you spend 100 hours grinding extra Omega tech instead? Or you don't upgrade much?

• Options
    sovereign010sovereign010 Member Posts: 636 Arc User
    The odds I've gotten from Phoenix packs are very different, I've only ever had one epic drop in opening around 2,500 prize packs in total.

Because I already had all the T6 ships and all but two of the T5s (Voth and Dominion) it was of no actual use, so held on to it, as the only epic thing I've ever gotten from any box. As for UR, the odds of getting one of those are about 1 in 500, I've gotten five of 'em so far, I just need to work out which character would benefit the most from Jem'Hadar fighter pets.
  • Options

How do you upgrade without spending any dil? Do you spend 100 hours grinding extra Omega tech instead? Or you don't upgrade much?

I use kits that cost no dil to acquire and no dil to use. I don't grind omega - I'm far too old for that, my time is far too valuable, and I have real life commitments. I upgrade when it's profitable to upgrade and do it on a rather large scale.
    /channel_join grind
  • Options
    edited February 2018

I use kits that cost no dil to acquire and no dil to use. I don't grind omega - I'm far too old for that, my time is far too valuable, and I have real life commitments. I upgrade when it's profitable to upgrade and do it on a rather large scale.

The only no-dil kits besides Omega are the 1 per account per week FE kits, and the 2 Romulan from grinding a full 1-10 cycle. So you must not upgrade very much then, or you spend a lot of time grinding Admiralty on many alts.
  • Options
    pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,177 Arc User
    edited February 2018

You do not need to grind 100's of hours to get Omega. I have stacks of 999 shards already and spent very little time on it. EC takes very little time to earn and its faster to earn EC and buy Omega then it is to grind the Omega mini games itself.
  • Options
    Well I have now amassed Dil in the hundreds of thousands thanks. As others have pointed out even if I don't get a UR or epic at least i'll have a lot more upgrades to use.