test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What species of boff not available would you be most interested in?

Comments

• Options
    spacehermitspacehermit Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    Other
    Benzite
  • Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,789 Arc User
    Other
    where2r1 wrote: »
    I am done with BOFF collections.

Yeah I'm thinking the same actually.

I used to try and get all sorts of 'strange' boffs but nowadays I just try to choose more regular species. Vulcans, Bolians, Andorians and so on.

I've also stopped flying all sorts of alien ships. I'm a Starfleet officer and to show that, I'm flying Starfleet ships with a crew consisting of species whose planets of origin are part of the Federation or, as a small deviation from that rule, at least ships that belong to member species of that Federation.

So I'd actually only be interested in more Boffs if there were also a good story as to why members of that species ended up serving on a Federation ship. They did that well with the Xindi for example. If they made a story that the Iconians, after rebuilding and repopulating, joined the Federation or the Alliance then I'd very much be interested in a Herald or Iconian boff for example.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,789 Arc User
    Other
    sophlogimo wrote: »
    Give me Neth Parr and L'Miren as Boffs and you have a deal, game.

Can we PLEASE stop with the unrenameable, uncustomizable thing? Many players want their own personal flavor. That includes boff names!

And that's also because I agree with this. If they're going to be unique members of certain species, then I'd rather not have them. One of the first things I usually do, is renaming or discarding officers such as T'Vrell and Elisa Flores.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    Other

Can we PLEASE stop with the unrenameable, uncustomizable thing? Many players want their own personal flavor. That includes boff names!

I've been trying to shove Tovan Kev out the airlock for quite some time. Damn BOFF is like a space herpe. Love to send him off on a command of his own so I don't have to bother with him eating up a slot on my Romulan but nope can't have that thanks to whatever design decision was made to keep him there like that which won't change any time before Sol goes through it's red giant phase.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,392 Arc User
    Tzenkethi

And others don't mind having a character they like partly because of how they look as part of their crew from time to time. Not all the time, of course, especially if they have no unique models and thus should be allowed to wear any outfit.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    Delta Quadrant Alliance species (Benthan, Hazari, Kazon, Octanti, Turei)
    -Benzite
    -Suliban
    -That computer monitor head android in the first episode of TRIBBLE
  • Options
    asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    Other
    Honestly i also would love to see just more parts and options in the alien gen that are more robotic, and machine based. One of my favorite types of characters to create in a sci fi setting is a fully robotic character, such as a race of sentient robots that use their design to denote their station or duty in their race.
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    Other
    Kelpian. If only because they might add some more suitable pieces to the alien parts.

Vorta or Tholian would be interesting, too.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    Other
    Wookie.. I want see what happens when the Ferengi doesn't let the wookie win.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Vorta
    Why is there no Benzite option?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,320 Community Moderator
    Other
    I've never understood why we have playable Benzites, but no Benzite BOFFs.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    Provided they can wear Starfleet/KDF/Romulan uniforms, I'd like a Cardassian.
  • Options
    Vorta
    -The game's original starting boffs to be available. (Not T'Vrell, Zarva, and Kolez, but the ones before... I believe one was an Andorian?
    The Andorian was a tac, the others were a Vulcan science officer, and IIRC a Bolian engineer.

I'm not sure but they may be still available as the boffs you choose from when you play "Stranded in space"? The way the original tutorial was you'd choose from the three starter boffs, then get a second one from Stranded.

*looks* not any more. They were only technically unique though. You can duplicate them by grabbing a random boff of the right class/gender/race and duplicating the costume.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    isthisscienceisthisscience Member Posts: 863 Arc User
    Cardassian
    Well they said not too long ago that Tzenkethi and Tholian boffs are a no because most of the boff power animations would have to be done from scratch for them. I don't know if Kelpians come under that with their hoof business.

Of the list, I'd say Cardassian. But I'm hoping we'll see some of the new aliens we've seen in Disco and the JJ-verse will make their way in at some point.
  • Options
    vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    r0m#7631 wrote: »
    Where's the Hierarchy? I vote for that!

Some would be almost impossible to integrate to the game, ever seen a Tholian with Winterfest gear?
    you get a Mr Potatohead aka Sontaran in one of the delta arc missions.

I'm Plus one for a horta. I want him to run in front of you when you are about 5 meters oustde weapon range of a bad guy and write KILL I? in the ground
    Spock.jpg

• Options
    redeyedravenredeyedraven Member Posts: 1,297 Arc User
    Other
    Tamarian. Because... "Analysis, lieutenant." - "Calaan, a thousand fires in a thousand forests." - "Ensign, what did the lieutenant say?" - "It sounds like he wants to tell us that the unidentified vessel ahead is arming its weapo-" (ship is hit)

And Kelpian in a close second.

Also, Denobulan. I really dislike ENT, but Phlox was the one cool character on that show. And the Denobulans seem to have an interesting society from what little we learn of them.
  • Options
    commanderkassycommanderkassy Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    Vorta
    valoreah wrote: »
    Kelpians.

That was my first thought too.
    ♪ I'm going around not in circles but in spirographs.
    It's pretty much this hard to keep just one timeline intact. ♪
  • Options
    silverlobes#2676 silverlobes Member Posts: 1,953 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    Other
    -The game's original starting boffs to be available. (Not T'Vrell, Zarva, and Kolez, but the ones before... I believe one was an Andorian?
    The Andorian was a tac, the others were a Vulcan science officer, and IIRC a Bolian engineer.

I'm not sure but they may be still available as the boffs you choose from when you play "Stranded in space"? The way the original tutorial was you'd choose from the three starter boffs, then get a second one from Stranded.

*looks* not any more. They were only technically unique though. You can duplicate them by grabbing a random boff of the right class/gender/race and duplicating the costume.
    It sounds, like the Andorian was substituted for Eliza Flores. What is given now in the tutorial is human tac, T'Vrell, female Vulcan, Zarva, female Bolian, and Kolez, male Saurian. And yes, they (the latter three) absolutely can be duplicated with the correct boff and a costume re-load, I actually did that a while ago on my locked favorite. I'd wanted to recreate them as all VR, but there wasn't any VR Vulcans on the exchange at that time, so T'Vrell is 'only' R, which is still an improvement from the uncommon original. Interestingly (or not, depending on one's perspective) the recreated T'Vrell behaves in exactly the same way on the ground, as the original did. I'm wondering if the game's coding simply reads T'VrellVulcanFemaleScience, and so uses the same codes and patterns... The 'boff blanks' came from my Orion slaver's 'stock', so my headcanon, is that The Class of 2410 had been abducted, and this was paying their ransom and repatriating them to the Federation. I sometimes run them around Nimbus III for the lulz* :sunglasses:

*As I just did... Here they are, taking care of the Gorn Chief Engineer, to get me my dilithium :sunglasses: Except for T'Vrell... She's too cool to lower herself :lol::lol:

myAR682.jpg
    Post edited by silverlobes#2676 on
    "I fight for the Users!" - Tron

"I was here before you, I will be here after you are gone. I am here, regardless of your acknowledgement or acceptance..." - The Truth
  • Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    Other
    Bynars would be interesting, but unfeasible because of the whole pair situation. Still nice to consider, though.

More realistically, probably Kelpians. Especially if they can manage to find some way to code in the threat ganglia to deploy when in a 'Red Alert' combat state... (Strange, really; First few Discovery episodes, I wasn't that fond of Saru, but after his first stint as Acting Captain when he started to realize that he couldn't be both prey himself and leader of a crew of predators (for lack of better terminology) and started to evolve, I found myself liking him more and more. He seems like the real breakout character of the series now...)
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    mosul33mosul33 Member Posts: 836 Arc User
    Tzenkethi
    Cause they are awesome, not as much as Gorn's but still awesome. =3

Yup. I would love a Tzenkethi boff too. Love their animations, like standing on their hands to fire their back-cannons or unleashing a full frontal assault from their dual-wielding handguns. They are awesome indeed :smile:
  • Options
    asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    Other
    Bynars would be interesting, but unfeasible because of the whole pair situation. Still nice to consider, though.

Well they could make the pairing of the Bynar as more of a visual thing, over having actually two characters, unless they made it that they had a boff trait that if you have two Binars they each gain a set of bonuses as they work together.
  • Options
    tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    Vorta
    asuran14 wrote: »

Well they could make the pairing of the Bynar as more of a visual thing, over having actually two characters, unless they made it that they had a boff trait that if you have two Binars they each gain a set of bonuses as they work together.

STO tends to adapt things from the novels, and the Starfleet Corps of Engineers novels has a Bynar that isn't bonded to another. They even have an insult specific to unbonded Bynars like him.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • Options
    Vorta
    It sounds, like the Andorian was substituted for Eliza Flores. What is given now in the tutorial is human tac, T'Vrell, female Vulcan, Zarva, female Bolian, and Kolez, male Saurian. And yes, they (the latter three) absolutely can be duplicated with the correct boff and a costume re-load, I actually did that a while ago on my locked favorite. I'd wanted to recreate them as all VR, but there wasn't any VR Vulcans on the exchange at that time, so T'Vrell is 'only' R, which is still an improvement from the uncommon original. Interestingly (or not, depending on one's perspective) the recreated T'Vrell behaves in exactly the same way on the ground, as the original did. I'm wondering if the game's coding simply reads T'VrellVulcanFemaleScience, and so uses the same codes and patterns... The 'boff blanks' came from my Orion slaver's 'stock', so my headcanon, is that The Class of 2410 had been abducted, and this was paying their ransom and repatriating them to the Federation. I sometimes run them around Nimbus III for the lulz* :sunglasses:
    Well, yeah, thee boffs apparently don't have anything that really makes them special, they're unique so that the game can give them a specific look and skillset.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    Other
    Well, yeah, thee boffs apparently don't have anything that really makes them special, they're unique so that the game can give them a specific look and skillset.
    I'm sorry, I don't understand what you're meaning here... :confused:

"I was here before you, I will be here after you are gone. I am here, regardless of your acknowledgement or acceptance..." - The Truth
  • Options
    Vorta
    The starter boffs don't have any special abilities. Thus they act and look the same.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    Other
    The starter boffs don't have any special abilities. Thus they act and look the same.
    Ahh... That would explain why my recreated T'Vrell behaves in the exact same way as the original :lol::lol: Thanks for the clarification :sunglasses:

• Options
    lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    Other
    Number one choice would be Risians followed by Kelphians, Kriosians/Valtese, Halanan, Wadi, Deltans.
This discussion has been closed.