test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cosmetic Re-Engineering?

2»

Comments

• baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    coldnapalm, you are just speculating basd on your rather limited understanding of coding and more specifically how cryptic does it. Admit it, you don't know.
    As warpangel pointed out however, there is no reason to assume that visuals are imbedded in the performance of the items and would require a major overhowl of the item. Rather every observation concerning visuals would suggest otherwise. In fact, you give no reason for your assumption other than "you say so". What exactly have you observed that makes you assume that this could not be changed with a minor alteration? You never gave any reason.
    And frankly, the fact that you constantly go to insults once your arguments are challenged says everything the rest here need to know about how much you actually know.

why and how the moderators have not banned or warned you is beyond logic. It is one thing to have a debate or speculate about things, but the first thing you do is go to insults, when your opinions are challenged.
    Go pro or go home
  • kyle223catkyle223cat Member Posts: 584 Arc User
    How some people haven't been removed from this forum is beyond me. Isn't there a zero tolerance for personal attacks here? Yet I see it all the time and it seems to go unnoticed.

Ironic how people claim to be Star Trek fans and play a Star Trek game, and then act like this.
    da84303d8bc4080b9860968f634f98682215bbe5.gifv
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    nikephorus wrote: »
    CBS said no? You mean like a high tier constitution that we weren't suppose to ever get cause cbs said no?

CBS changing their mind about one thing does not mean they've changed their mind about anything else, nor does it mean that "CBS said no" is or was at any point a lie.

It's like a child wondering why they can't have cake for breakfast even though their parents let them stay up an extra half hour last night. Just because the parent had said no to both before doesn't mean they have to say yes to both when they make an exception for one.
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    here you go again claiming that you DO know how they are programmed

The irony.
  • mneme0mneme0 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    I don't know how the weapons are programmed in the netcode. There are two possibilities relevant to this discussion:

Packet = "player X has fired weapon Y". Client understands that weapon Y uses effect Y.

Packet = "player X has fired weapon Y, using effect Y". Client doesn't know that weapon Y uses effect Y, but that information is included in the packet.

The latter case would allow them to change effects easily. The former would require the netcode to be changed to add more data, and I suspect is the more likely setup.
  • baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    baudl wrote: »
    coldnapalm, you are just speculating basd on your rather limited understanding of coding and more specifically how cryptic does it. Admit it, you don't know.
    As warpangel pointed out however, there is no reason to assume that visuals are imbedded in the performance of the items and would require a major overhowl of the item. Rather every observation concerning visuals would suggest otherwise. In fact, you give no reason for your assumption other than "you say so". What exactly have you observed that makes you assume that this could not be changed with a minor alteration? You never gave any reason.
    And frankly, the fact that you constantly go to insults once your arguments are challenged says everything the rest here need to know about how much you actually know.

why and how the moderators have not banned or warned you is beyond logic. It is one thing to have a debate or speculate about things, but the first thing you do is go to insults, when your opinions are challenged.

I never said ANYTHING about how hard or easy it would be change the visuals of the weapons. Did you bother to read and actually understand what I said? I posted what is pretty common methodolgy for programming things. IF having a visual item slot is too complex for their current system...and this is going by what the devs said...than using re-engineering to do it would be equally as complex or SHOULD be unless the devs at cryptic can't figure BASIC programming methodology. There is no reason why one should work different from the other from a programming standpoint other than different UI...which they already have a template for from the other visual slots no less. I am not giving assumptions, I am giving what you actually do when designing progams...but seriously why do I bother when people like you and warp doesn't even remotely have the basis to know exactly how little you actually know.

but you ofcourse know everything...got it. The amount of smuggness, and the condescending tone makes me shake my head...
    you are definitely a marvelous being to be around. /sarcasm
    Even when confronted with obvious fallacies in your statements, you never stop your condescention. What your statements show me, is that you obviously have only a bsic understanding of coding, but you think that is a lot and therefore nobody else can actually understand any more about the subject...same with pretty much everything else we ever debated about.
    You project that everybody else here has either less or only little more knowledge about "everything", because in your mind you already know most of everything.

fyi: it is quite obvious from reading only a handfull of your comments, that your knowledge is at best above average on the topics you think you are knowledgable. I bet when you walk into a doctor's office you already tell him what he should diagnose, unless you are already so smugg that you don't go to doctors and diagnose yourself...I don't put that beyond you. Perhaps you are also just a typical keyboard warrior and in real life none of the character traits described above apply.

knowledgeable people usually do not use insults at the first opportunity...

also, your statement about what is "common methodology" has no bases whatsoever, you don't even bothered to provide any clues on why it would be "basic methodology". You never saw the code, you just assumed that coding at cryptic studios is somewhat not what you define as standard, again without any actual basis for that statement...so basically you pulled that out of your behind. When warpangel showed that what you claimed can't actually be the case since there are item visuals in the game that are not directly tied to the item, in other words, he challenged your opinion, you went straight to insults.

Think about it, you basically accused cryptic in your statement, that if they did it differently than how you would have done it, they are bad at programming, or ignored "common methodology"...wow, the amount of inflated ego it takes is just insane.
    Go pro or go home
  • captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 895 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    > I'm sorry...but BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. So your saying you can't be smart and or correct if you ain't nice.

No, he's saying that you can't be smart or correct when you're wrong. The fact that you're a hateful little troll is just an unpleasant side effect.
  • mneme0mneme0 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    The fact that you're a hateful little troll is just an unpleasant side effect.

latest?cb=20161104164629
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,238 Community Moderator
    Well, this was fun. :smirk:

2mXpZ6u.png
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.