test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What is up with the lag?

I have seen the lag bad before on server, but man today is just screwed. Cannot even mine Dil due to it. Normally manage over 800 per game, but right now, I can barely get 300. It is not my connection. Verified that wan't an issue before coming here to ask whats up.

I noticed the issue started a couple of day ago with the omega particle scans. Just gave up on dong those entirely say for the daily now due to the horrific lag.
What happened to those unique forum ranks I paid for?

Comments

• orangenee#2931 orangenee Member Posts: 837 Arc User
    The game is literally unplayable due to SNR/DCs at certain times of day for me. Though it has subsided a little recently.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    it's patch day..... what about this is surprising?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    The omega event causes lag. Not sure if it's the event itself or if it's because of all the bots farming for omega Tec.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • lordatrocitieslordatrocities Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    Bots... effing bots. If figures. They put a drag on the servers running the mini games and thus make it hard for the rest of us. :(
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    you really think there are more bots doing omega than players? :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    > @markhawkman said:
    > you really think there are more bots doing omega than players? :p

I don't do the bot thing cause I don't wanna risk getting banned, but I'm aware of many who do.
    Tza0PEl.png
    I hate wasting my Rich Dil vouchers like this. I can barely break half the points I need per game right now. This sucks Cryptic. This utterly sucks. :(
    edited February 2018
    > @lordatrocities said:
    > I hate wasting my Rich Dil vouchers like this. I can barely break half the points I need per game right now. This sucks Cryptic. This utterly sucks. :(

Yeah I haven't been playing much at all since the event started. I do my daily contraband and enough omega for the ship.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    it's patch day..... what about this is surprising?

This. Lag always happens on patch day. Likely from lots of people logging at the same time. At least that's what I think. Still, I didn't get lag that was *that* bad. Just some normal lag that I expect cause I'm on an inferior computer.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • iamjmphiamjmph Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    no lag, but 4 SNR disconnects today :neutral:
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    I have been suffering d/c occasionally recently, as well. Not today, but other days I have. Going along nicely, then suddenly popping off. Very annoying cause sometimes I don't even get a SNR, I just get kicked.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • soullessraptorsoullessraptor Member Posts: 353 Arc User
    Upspike in people because of events, probably
    I submitted a Tech Ticket about the lag issue and the response wasn't inspiring. If tech support and devs are aware the issue then it will be resolved. However, that being said, I doubt it will be resolved before the end of the Dilithium event. It is the weekend now and people have lives to live.
    If tech support and devs are aware the issue then it will be resolved.

Hmmpf... lol. Its good to see that some people are new and they can keep hopes for all of us veterans..

The light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off due to budge cuts. :D