test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Best rep shield and armor

I have the boolean cannon which I do not want to lose. But which 2pc rep ground gear should I grind to go with the weapon?
I heard Iconian set is good.
lucky_star_trek_by_primantis-d389ufa.jpg

Comments

• vampeiyrevampeiyre Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    Believe it or not, a 2-piece of the free Romulan Imperial Navy is one of the best IMHO, I like to run the Kit Frame and Shield. https://sto.gamepedia.com/Romulan_Imperial_Navy
    "I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am."
  • nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    i grind out 1 adapted maco 2 dyson and one counter command. those plus the jem hadar set and i'm good to go. my KDF will grind out all KHG guns. absically you should grind different one because some give different protections.
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,782 Arc User
    I like, besides the Imperial navy set, the Iconian reputation set a lot.

The shield has a chance to knock back enemies which can be useful on an engineer with mines, the pulsewave also helps increasing the effectiveness of those.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,005 Community Moderator
    IMO standard MACO is pretty decent with the shield heal.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    "Best" is a relative term. What make work great for some, may not work so well for others. Grab them all, and test on your own. Then make your determination that way.
    Another detail to consider is you may not have to sacrifice a 3 piece bonus either. Player characters have 2 weapon slots. The OP only said they use the Khan Gun. They didn't say what they have as a secondary.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Another detail to consider is you may not have to sacrifice a 3 piece bonus either. Player characters have 2 weapon slots. The OP only said they use the Khan Gun. They didn't say what they have as a secondary.

Correct. The second weapon can be a stat stick for a set. I run a two piece myself, with the second weapon being the stat stick mainly, since I still use the "not'cool" shield. The only time I run a 3 piece myself, is the Shattering Harmonics set.
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    vampeiyre wrote: »
    Believe it or not, a 2-piece of the free Romulan Imperial Navy is one of the best IMHO, I like to run the Kit Frame and Shield. https://sto.gamepedia.com/Romulan_Imperial_Navy

All my character pretty much uses the armor and kit from the Romulan Imperial Navy set. The kit has the [Plasma] mod which give +20% plasma damage, and the [CrtX] mod for +2.2% critical chance and +8.8% critical severity. The armor gives a +50% damage for all energy weapons fired using the secondary fire mode.

Additionally, my tactical characters use the Deadly Intent kt module which shortens the cooldown on the secondary fire mode after a primary attack.

The Na'Kuhl Temporal Operative Shield is pretty much standard issue for all characters and Boffs (who also use the Na'kuhl armor).
    ichaerus1 wrote: »
    Correct. The second weapon can be a stat stick for a set. I run a two piece myself, with the second weapon being the stat stick mainly, since I still use the "not'cool" shield. The only time I run a 3 piece myself, is the Shattering Harmonics set.

I started out running MACO, then went Delta. Went back to MACO, but right now my weapons are an Assault Phaser pistol and the Discovery rifle. 3 piece is kinda redundant when you have a TR-116, but the 2 piece isn't bad. However other sets may get better stats with the full set.
  • shinku#4469 shinku Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    2nd slot, I have those Terran pistols from the special event not too long ago.
    lucky_star_trek_by_primantis-d389ufa.jpg
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,386 Arc User
    It all depends on how you play your character, really, whether roleplay or gameplay-wise, or both.

For example:
    -the Romulan Operative set can automatically cloak you, so it's useful for glass cannon types and/or Romulan-based characters.
    -the Dyson heavy armor is nice if you don't mind staying crouched and be more resilient while more exposed and vulnerable to grenades and bombardements.
    -the Na'kuhl shield is great for... pretty much every situation, especially when you accidentally attract more than you can normally chew.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • mneme0mneme0 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    Romulan kit and shield with Lukari armor and wrist lance. Buff to plasma and electrical and a heal and an extra weapon slot if needed (I use a Plasma Repeater Pistol).
  • soullessraptorsoullessraptor Member Posts: 353 Arc User
    Dyson set for me. Defensive boost with a nice visual, and a really good shield to boot
  • jerichoredoranjerichoredoran Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    Most ground DPSers go with Na'kuhl shield + gun (in 2nd slot) to use the shield and get 2pc bonus (2% crith, 30% critd). Its direct predecessor and still relevant would be Counter Command shield + gun (5% crith).
    For more defensive setups consider the Omega Force shield or Shattering Harmonics shield for up to 40% dodge.

Best DPS armor would be an EV suit (was before re-engineering, now even more) but that gives close to no defensive. One step down in offense and up in defense is the fleet recoil compensating armor. There are 1 or 2 lobi armors close to that also.

The Romulan Imperial Navy armor is only really advisable when combined with the kit and a plasma gun. If going that route look into a wide beam rifle. This 2pc set could also be combined with another 2pc like the fore mentioned ones. But when sticking with the stronger lobi gun I'd suggest one of the above named armors and forget about this set.