test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What species of boff not available would you be most interested in?

xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
Some look into boffs for their traits to min/max power. Some build their crew that best fits their "Head RP". Since we wouldn't know what kind of traits any new boffs would get, this poll caters more to the latter. So which boffs would you like to be able to add to your crew?

I don't differentiate between "Free from start", "unlockable", "C-Store" or "as an accolade/for completing a mission". So I am not talking about "being able to get more Breen" - you can get Breen, even if only occasionally, so that's settled. This is also only about boffs, available species for captains would be a different matter entirely.

If you chose "other", feel free to specify. Unfortunately I had to trim it down to 10 options, so some had to be excluded (including "unlimited cross faction access")
My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries

What species of boff not available would you be most interested in? 93 votes

Cardassian
19%
kendaricvnefarius2halemc20isthisscienceneoakiraiiflash525sparhawkcaldannachtheraven2378themadrigogsaurigas7chasequinnellkurtronsovereign010mikoto8472echattygazdadudehamtidamti#1438 18 votes
Deferi
1%
angrytarg 1 vote
Delta Quadrant Alliance species (Benthan, Hazari, Kazon, Octanti, Turei)
5%
orangeitistylermaxwellsistericscrooge69thelematiker 5 votes
Elachi
2%
xyquarzestorules 2 votes
Herald
5%
indysharkimperialistsnikephorusapheex#3641darkmatter909#7994 5 votes
Na'kuhl
2%
bawdytieflingtremere12 2 votes
Tholian
8%
eazziekodachikunokyle223catvampeiyreiamjmphmneme0avoozuulgirlsarebetter#8512 8 votes
Tzenkethi
10%
sophlogimogaraks31saurializardneos472gradiicrashdragonclaudiusdkwazzgitengelenhartmosul33 10 votes
Vorta
6%
commanderkassymarkhawkmangothkid1972tyler002majorcharvenakdesslock#3614 6 votes
Other
38%
ikonn#1068duncanidaho11alexraptorrbaddmoonrizinmustrumridcully0jcswwdavidp0418where2r1azrael605arliekkosturbomagnusspacehermitvaloreahdavidfenrisphoasnimbullwraithmeisterjaguarskxalcyoneserenekiralyn 36 votes

Comments

• xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    Elachi
    I always wanted a pet Elachi, so ...

Also it would be nice to get Benzite for Feds and Suliban for Roms (the latter would also be a nice addition to their captain base for more diversity).
  • mneme0mneme0 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    Tholian
    Tholian! Closest I have is the pets, which are freaking adorbs when they're running to catch up with you on those stubby little legs. They remind me of Peridot.
  • arliekkosarliekkos Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    Other
    How about they add in female benzites.
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    Tholian
    I forgot about the fact that Tholian's need ev suits so I think I should've picked other.
  • aurigas7aurigas7 Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    Cardassian
    Cardassians would be nice or even better Klingons/Andorians/whatever with 2 good space traits !
    Vorcha_forward.jpg
    Elachi
    arliekkos wrote: »
    How about they add in female benzites.

Are there male benzite boffs available? That would be news to me. Welcome news though.

As for captains, they can be female (I have one).
  • r0m#7631 r0m Member Posts: 134 Arc User
    Other
    Where's the Hierarchy? I vote for that!

Some would be almost impossible to integrate to the game, ever seen a Tholian with Winterfest gear?
    Elachi
    r0m#7631 wrote: »
    Where's the Hierarchy? I vote for that!

Some would be almost impossible to integrate to the game, ever seen a Tholian with Winterfest gear?

The latter is true. I wouldn't say no to him anyways.

About the former: you can get a Hierarchy boff by playing the "Alliances" mission from the Delta Rising arc.
    kelstat wrote: »
    On a sidenote I played on PC after launch and remember when the Breen arc first came out one of the rewards was a Breen boff(i think it was suppose to be the onein the cell you spoke to) . When I started on Xbox more recently I wanted to get him again but seems he has been removed and cannot even buy him on cstore.

Is it still possible to get a Breen boff?

On PC yes. Occasionally (let's say "rarely", twice in the four years I'm here) a "featured episode replay" event is held, where, amongst other goodies out of normal play, you can get the Breen by playing the last episode of the Breen arc. Wouldn't be too surprised if that'd come to the console, too, but probably they'll be waiting until a decent enough amount of the playerbase can get them.
  • tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    Vorta
    I wouldn't mind a Vorta to go along with the Jem'Hadar we already have, preferably not as a limited time reward.

A Tactical version could include the Telekinetic blast.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    Other
    I would definitely like to see Cardassians as both boff, and player character options. It would actually work too as some Cardassians would want to leave Cardassia like ex-soldiers, and if done either at the end of a Cardassian story-arc or a c-store option would be good. The same with the many Delta an gamma quadrant races.

IT might be weird though i would love to have a Binar boff, even if the fact of having two of them out was only cosmetic.
    Elachi
    kelstat wrote: »
    Thanks for the input. I do remeber one featured episode soon after I started that was the Martok/Sona mission. At the time I had thought this was a weekly thing and you got an upgrade token or spec point each week per account. I HAD thought at the time the featured episode was a weekly thing ie. a different (not new just existing one) was featured each week. Havent seen it since and instead we have the Endeavour which is boring and has menial task attached.

There's a regular FE with rewards for the newest episode (it is in your journal as a "Featured Episode"), this is something different. The rerun of four older featured episodes (Breen boff from Breen arc mission "Cold Storage", Reman boff from Romulan arc "Cutting the Cord", Ophidian Cane from "Night of the Comet" of the Spectres arc (part of Klingon War for Feddies) and Shard of Possibilities from "Boldly they Road" of the Cardassian arc) is irregular and usually not largely advertised if you don't read the homepage or the announcements in the forums. There's an info in the launcher, but those are easily missed. They will NOT appear in the "Featured Episode" tab or be otherwise highlighted in game. Also, you have to play (or skip on later characters) every mission before them to be able to play them, so you cannot play them out of order like the standard FEs.

On the PC the last rerun just happened, with consoles "lagging a few weeks", maybe they'll come soon.
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    Deferi
    I'd like Deferi. I substitute with aliens, but since they still play a role and haven't been removed from the game I really like some.

My "other" option would have been Grazerites, the UFP president was one at one point after all.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,754 Arc User
    Other
    No one has mentioned Q?

You all disappoint me :p
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,754 Arc User
    Other
    Though Iconian and Heralds would be cool to have too, if Q would be too OP.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • silverlobes#2676 silverlobes Member Posts: 1,953 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    Other
    I voted 'other', because I can't choose between Cardassian and Vorta (I have aliengen versions of both) but what I would like to see introduced, is Tzenkethi boffs, closely followed by Son'a boffs :sunglasses:

And while we're talking not-going-to-happen-what-ifs, I would really like it if:
    -I could put my Romulan Embassy boffs in Starfleet or Republic uniforms :sunglasses:
    -I was able to promote boffs to captain, and have them wear a fourth collar pip :sunglasses:
    -Rinna Khev boff for first completion of Installation 18 (VR Engineer) (Because Everyone deserves at least one Romulan boff, regardless of if their fleet has Embassy Access (I've already done a custom version, and would be willing to share the template with the devs, if it would help make this happen :sunglasses:)
    -Hassan the Undying boff* (VR Tactical) (Only availably upon first playthrough of The Undying, not replays, and only if choosing to allow Hassan to live on said playthrough (He does say that his life is The Player's, so why not have him as a boff???)
    -The game's original starting boffs to be available. (Not T'Vrell, Zarva, and Kolez, but the ones before... I believe one was an Andorian? Proposal: timetravel mission with Captain Walker (or even Captain T'Vrell), where The Player has to prevent Something From Happening at the Academy in 2408. Player is given a holo-projector of the Cadet Uniform for the duration, and upon completion, can select which of the boffs they want, replaying the mission till they have the full set of all four original starting boffs)

*ExtraJustInCase
    "I fight for the Users!" - Tron

"I was here before you, I will be here after you are gone. I am here, regardless of your acknowledgement or acceptance..." - The Truth
  • nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    Other
    Rylothians and Mandalorians would be nice.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    Vorta
    nimbull wrote: »
    Rylothians and Mandalorians would be nice.

Would be a bit tricky...
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    Other
    Iconian and Vorta.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • ashstorm1ashstorm1 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    Other
    Vaadwaur, please. This certainly wouldn't be too hard for the devs to implement.
  • galattgalatt Member Posts: 707 Arc User
    Other
    Medusans. Just a box following along behind you. They attack by opening up and driving enemies around them insane
    sig_picture_resize_by_gx_9901-db9d1v1.png
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    Tzenkethi
    Give me Neth Parr and L'Miren as Boffs and you have a deal, game.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    Other
    A Horta.

It would be interesting to see it use a Boolean Cannon without any arms.
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    Other
    I was really hoping for an ancient Iconian boff, after we saw them in Midnight. However, it'd be a disservice for me to vote for anything besides Tardigrade. :tongue:
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    Tzenkethi
    I was really hoping for an ancient Iconian boff, after we saw them in Midnight. However, it'd be a disservice for me to vote for anything besides Tardigrade. :tongue:
    Fun-fact: Ripper was a real full crew member of the Discovery named Ephraim after the guy who discovered real-life tardigrades, and Stamets' superior in a previous draft of DIS. Also, he'd even have a special uniform and station just for him. But it was deemed too expensive.

I'll blame the overly-complex and most likely very expensive to make new design of the Klingons causing such a ridiculously cool idea to be dropped.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,820 Arc User
    Other
    Joined Trill...with a joined symbiote space trait ;)
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,820 Arc User
    Other
    Fun-fact: Ripper was a real full crew member of the Discovery named Ephraim after the guy who discovered real-life tardigrades, and Stamets' superior in a previous draft of DIS. Also, he'd even have a special uniform and station just for him. But it was deemed too expensive.

I'll blame the overly-complex and most likely very expensive to make new design of the Klingons causing such a ridiculously cool idea to be dropped.

Why we can't have nice things...people needing to make stupid and pointless expensive changes.
  • shevetshevet Member Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    Other
    Edoans. (Or Edosians if you prefer, I know them as Edoans.) We can get M'Ress already, now give us Arex!
    8b6YIel.png?1
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Other
    I am done with BOFF collections.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
This discussion has been closed.