test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Beams with Cannon visuals?

So I know that the Kelvin phasers and the Vaadwuar beams have visuals that make them look like cannons, love them. But I have been gone for a while and I am wondering if any other beams now have cannon like visuals??

Comments

• angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    The Discovery weapons (emitter-linked etc.) which are turrets in the shows have those visuals on their beam array variants while their cannon types look nothing like they're supposed to.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    The Pulse Phaser Beam Array looks similar to cannons firing in fast-forward.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    I've got a ship running a mix of the Discovery, Kelvin Timeline, and TWoK beams. All the pretty visuals of cannons that I can have BFaW running with.

I just need the dammed pulse phaser omni to make it perfect but those things cost more than some ships nowadays.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • abaddon653abaddon653 Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    artan42 wrote: »
    I've got a ship running a mix of the Discovery, Kelvin Timeline, and TWoK beams. All the pretty visuals of cannons that I can have BFaW running with.

I just need the dammed pulse phaser omni to make it perfect but those things cost more than some ships nowadays.​​

Forgive the ignorance, TWoK?
    The Wrath of Khan.
    abaddon653 wrote: »

Forgive the ignorance, TWoK?

The Wrath of Khan pulse phasers.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

• tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,635 Arc User

Discovery X-Linked is available in Omni beam array, which should get cheaper as the box goes along, since you're running with those mixed in anyway and you can only have one lockbox omni + Trilithium Phaser Omni anyway in Phaser.
  • r0m#7631 r0m Member Posts: 134 Arc User
    Does the Dyson Weapon count?
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,635 Arc User
    r0m#7631 wrote: »
    Does the Dyson Weapon count?

Only in Cannon:Rapid Fire or Cannon:Scatter Volley mode, as standard and Fire At Will fire is far more beam-like than the other mentioned here. It's very likely the desire is to have things that look like cannons, but respond to Fire At Will to either hit everything around or to be able to leverage that FAW is lower ranked than CSV/CRF.
  • nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    The vaadwaur polaron beams fire in a cannon like visual if I remember right.
    Tza0PEl.png
    tom61sto wrote: »

I just need the dammed pulse phaser omni to make it perfect but those things cost more than some ships nowadays.

Discovery X-Linked is available in Omni beam array, which should get cheaper as the box goes along, since you're running with those mixed in anyway and you can only have one lockbox omni + Trilithium Phaser Omni anyway in Phaser.

I didn't know the DSC had a omni. I'll check it out.​​

#TASforSTO

It looks like the Discovery Lockbox has 6 Omni-Beams; 3 Phaser, 3 Disruptor.
  • mneme0mneme0 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    tyler002 wrote: »
    It looks like the Discovery Lockbox has 6 Omni-Beams; 3 Phaser, 3 Disruptor.

o.O And of course this is when I'm flat broke on EC. :\