test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Star Trek Online 8 Year Anniversary Infographic

storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
For those who did not see this post on social media.

Hopefully they will post soon on Galactic News as well.

See it at:

https://www.facebook.com/StarTrekOnlineGame/photos/pcb.10155284539568603/10155284538558603/?type=3&theater

Enjoy tiger-2.gif:

bJXjitm.png

DYmZf04.png

zTdHbnb.png

SsBFKra.png

ZEak2Ha.png

Tn8prTX.png​​
tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
Post edited by storules on

Comments

• bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    Thanks for sharing.

I guess TNG still rules this game in terms of episodes...just by a hair.​​
    Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
    Original STO beta tester.
  • starcruiser#3423 starcruiser Member Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    They forgot to breakdown factions as they used to do in the past. Well perhaps we already know FEDs would rule on that one.​​
  • ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    I refuse to be Fed!

Admittedly, I do have Fed toons, but I prefer KDF.

We need another Chang!
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    patrickngo wrote: »
    They forgot to breakdown factions as they used to do in the past. Well perhaps we already know FEDs would rule on that one.​​

They didn't 'forget'. Everyone is Fed now.

Hahahaha!

Hab SoSli' Quch!
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • sinn74sinn74 Member Posts: 1,149 Arc User

Having an entire expansion only for FEDs was STO's equivalent to "FINISH HIM" against KDF and ROMs.
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2018
    storules wrote: »
    Tn8prTX.png​​

And now for an all star special episode where we have all these characters appear.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,820 Arc User

What is the point? Almost everyone is Fed and more than half them are Tactical officers...may as well do something colorful and new because those aren't going to change.
  • nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    artan42 wrote: »
    Tn8prTX.png​​

And now for an all star special episode where we have all these characters appear.

Won't happen, Leonard Nimoy is dead Jim.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,754 Arc User

Well they also forgot to add Discovery to the list that compares how many episodes there were in STO and in each series :p
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
    Tn8prTX.png​​

It would be fun if they brought some of them back. At least this time it would be a surprise.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • tacticalrooktacticalrook Member Posts: 810 Arc User
    ZEak2Ha.png

Total tribbles bred, looted or purchased total 18.3m.

Total tribbles removed total 17.7m.

The difference between 18.3m and 17.7m matches the advertised surplus of 614k.

Number of tribbles created this year is wrong, it's counting the same tribbles twice.
    /channel_join grind
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,102 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    DYmZf04.png

The info graphic is incorrect in that Star Trek (aka TOS) now hs 80 episodes (It has ever since they added to original pilot "The Cage" to the TOS syndication package when TOS-R was now the standard syndication package circa. 2004.)

I'm also surprised they didn't include Star Trek: The Animated Series (aka TAS) since it was 're-canonized' by CBS and STO even makes some references to events from it in some game missions. It had 26 episodes. ;)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2018
    valoreah wrote: »
    No he isn't. He's right between Miral Paris and Kurn

Yeah, I edited the comment out because I spotted him in the incorrect uniform. However Chase should be credited as Mirror Leeta and Holo Leeta as Leeta herself dosn't appear ingame (as far as I know anyway) and Danials and all the VGR crew except 7 should probably be in their Oddy uniforms because that's their main appearances in the game.
    nimbull wrote: »

Characters, not actors. Besides, they have dozens of lines from Nimoy already, I'm sure they could repurpose some lines for him if he's not a main character.
    It would be fun if they brought some of them back. At least this time it would be a surprise.

Worf finally meeting Kurn again, Worf re-meeting Martok. Temporal Agent Checkov interacting with present day Scotty. Scotty, Nog, and Leforge all working on some ship together. The possibilities are endless.
    The info graphic is incorrect in that Star Trek (aka TOS) now hs 80 episodes (It has ever since they added to original pilot "The Cage" to the TOS syndication package when TOS-R was now the standard syndication package circa. 2004.)

It's still debatable if The Cage counts as it plays out differently to the past seen in TOS' The Menagerie.
    I'm also surprised they didn't include Star Trek: The Animated Series (aka TAS) since it was 're-canonized' by CBS and STO even makes some references to events from it in some game missions. It had 26 episodes. ;)

It was never 'de-canonised' in the first place, just ignored but STO probably has some sort of tangle with TAS we don't know about or their license only covers the live action shows as it's not mentioned in the Foundry ToS and I think their AoY dates clash with TAS (there was talk about this very issue back when AoY was still on Tribble). Note they don't use the TAS life belt shields, they use the TOS Film style Caitians, the TOS Klingon uniforms cannot be coloured purple/pink, and so on.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    The Federation I know from the ST shows isn't that portrayed in STO. There isn't that sense of self-reflection, questioning yourself and superiors, being a captain or admiral and making tough choices, exploration, pushing or redefining boundaries, acknowledging vulnerabilities, diplomacy and skill over brute strength when facing truly superior species, etc.

The trend is and has been obvious, with tighter budgets and fewer players, more focus shifts towards fed, and less to 'those other factions.' Fed ships gaining more access to DHC, then innate fed ship cloaks, then innate battle cloaks (Nakuhl), then giving fed & klingon ships to Romulans (Discovery) instead of making up a ship like the T'Laru...why do we pay and grind multiple times over what our feds already have only to end up surrounded by Federation stuff one way or another with everything unique given away?

If this sort of thing happened more drastically, back when the forums were truly alive and the zones and STFs were filled with players, it would be outrage. Now, not much of a peep except for the few remaining vets, since most who cared have already had enough and moved on.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    patrickngo wrote: »
    I refuse to be Fed!

Admittedly, I do have Fed toons, but I prefer KDF.

We need another Chang!
    nope, everyone is Fed now. (the developers can't actually manage more than a single faction with certain subfactions existing to generate dilithium via contraband, or extra doffs to feed the Fed fleets.)

The other factions are just artifacts of a prior era in game design kept in place because outright removal would require too much work.
    Klivam feanna! Hruuhi hwiiy htirm mh-hrrafv! Riud nhrai hruuhi'eri! Simhoni... llifv'le....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    valoreah wrote: »
    No he isn't. He's right between Miral Paris and Kurn

Yeah, I edited the comment out because I spotted him in the incorrect uniform. However Chase should be credited as Mirror Leeta and Holo Leeta as Leeta herself dosn't appear ingame (as far as I know anyway) and Danials and all the VGR crew except 7 should probably be in their Oddy uniforms because that's their main appearances in the game.
    nimbull wrote: »

Characters, not actors. Besides, they have dozens of lines from Nimoy already, I'm sure they could repurpose some lines for him if he's not a main character.

Worf finally meeting Kurn again, Worf re-meeting Martok. Temporal Agent Checkov interacting with present day Scotty. Scotty, Nog, and Leforge all working on some ship together. The possibilities are endless.

It's still debatable if The Cage counts as it plays out differently to the past seen in TOS' The Menagerie.

It was never 'de-canonised' in the first place, just ignored but STO probably has some sort of tangle with TAS we don't know about or their license only covers the live action shows as it's not mentioned in the Foundry ToS and I think their AoY dates clash with TAS (there was talk about this very issue back when AoY was still on Tribble). Note they don't use the TAS life belt shields, they use the TOS Film style Caitians, the TOS Klingon uniforms cannot be coloured purple/pink, and so on.​​

Spock, Scotty and Chekov would be an amazing combination too. Even if it means re-using old voice overs from Nimoy. Getting Quinto to do more work than just the no longer in-game existing EMH would also be a good solution.

Paris hasn't really been with the other crewmen of Voyager again either, we only saw him with Harry at the end of Midnight and even there they were separated.

I wonder when we'll see Takei or Frakes make their appearance. Besides the people we already have in-game, they seem to be most involved with and enthused about Trek atm (the cruise for Takei and of course the new Discovery episode being directed by Jonathan).

• kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    Hmmm, I dunno, have a few questions, like, inactive accounts and/or actually playing?

Yeaaaah. I feel like f2p/b2p games always fudge that statistic. Like ESO claiming 10mil players for an event a few months ago.

edit: that makes me wonder, though - how many players has STO claimed in previous years, if they did that stat?
  • polstarukpolstaruk Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    When they say Tribbles “sent to live on farms” do they mean “deleted” aka beamed onto nearby Klingon ships?
    Anything that happens, happens. Anything that in happening, causes something else to happen, causes something else to happen. Anything that in happening, causes itself to happen again, happens again.
    It doesn't necessarily do it in chronological order though.
  • tacticalrooktacticalrook Member Posts: 810 Arc User
    polstaruk wrote: »
    When they say Tribbles “sent to live on farms” do they mean “deleted” aka beamed onto nearby Klingon ships?
    Seems to be mawkish way of saying the number of tribbles that were discarded or were consumed by game mechanics other than the cannibal tribble.

Also, the metric seems to suggest the act of discarding a tribble creates an additional tribble. If you get 10 tribbles and discard them, 20 tribbles are added to the total. Cryptic maths.
    /channel_join grind
  • saedeithsaedeith Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    What got me is there is voices in game that I'm not sure what it's under, public domain? Like Odo, Sulu, Uhura, Bones?
    Why are they not credited?

Hell, didn't even realise candyman was a va in this game. Nice.