test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scylla and Charybdis - conclusion (Spoiler alert!)

2»

Comments

• mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    lighte007 wrote: »
    The Swarm Ships remind me of something that happened in the 3rd Kelvin Timeline Movie aka Beyond.
    Since they were swarmed literally. :pensive:

And yeah that Kurland Here... triggered me. And I didn't do the last mission over and over again... on one toon I had to do it on multiple toons. >.>;

At least there's some good points with this mission. I definitely liked beaming to the Tzenkethi Battlestation and dealing with the Tzenkethi Admiral and killing that Captain that appeared when we saved Martok. :persevere:

We had Kurland Here appear in another mission before this one aka Midnight. >.<

I guess that means I should prepare some Beastie Boys.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    If they are Swarmers, like those in 'Operation Gamma', all we need do is equip our ships with Aceton Assimilators and Point Defense Consoles.

I just played 'Boldly they Rode' twice for my two Characters who did not have the Shard of Possibilities. Perfect counter, put sound through earphones and don't wear them. Silly dialog boxes still. Actually, Captain Paris is worse in 'Delta Flight' if you don't make a ring in time.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    Has anyone checked to see if anti-fighter abilities like the Point Defense console do extra damage to the Swarm Ships?
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • platewearingbirdplatewearingbird Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    I assumed they meant “The Drantzuuli” as a collective, as in that the Hur’q are servants/allies of them.
  • nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    Those things dropped like flies to my BFAW and Torp Spreads. I couldn't believe the state DS9 got to because none of the swarm ships made it past the initial enemy base that warped in. I was like, "What did you guys break? DS9 apparently, sure wasn't the Hurq'ies that did it."
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • orangenee#2931 orangenee Member Posts: 837 Arc User
    nimbull wrote: »
    Those things dropped like flies to my BFAW and Torp Spreads. I couldn't believe the state DS9 got to because none of the swarm ships made it past the initial enemy base that warped in. I was like, "What did you guys break? DS9 apparently, sure wasn't the Hurq'ies that did it."

Mine too. Though I won't be looking forward to going through it with my cannon build toon.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    It broke on purpose so they could get a face-lift for the Expansion. ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    ltminns wrote: »
    It broke on purpose so they could get a face-lift for the Expansion. ;)

I hope they don't pull a Drozana on DS9 and change things completely. That kind of ruins the whole DS9 as DS9 thing if they do.
  • christopher082christopher082 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    DS9 interior in game look very little like the show. For example, the infirmary should be across the hall and down a door or two from quarks.
  • djf021djf021 Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    > @fleetcaptain5#1134 said:
    > szim wrote: »
    >
    > Is... Kurland.... dead?!? :# :'( o:)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I forgot to wonder about that lol.
    >
    > Good point though, where is he? The Defiant survived Midnight.

I replayed it this morning and Kurland is indeed here!
    C4117709-1498929112732780large.jpg

Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.
    -Captain James T. Kirk
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    nimbull wrote: »

Mine too. Though I won't be looking forward to going through it with my cannon build toon.

I took my sci captain in the Breen WE ship equipped with tetryon cannons and turrets and she did fairly well in it. Only almost exploded a couple times, but never made it all the way.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    For the record, I like Sela.

And I think both the Drantzuuli and the Feklri are both servant races, made from Hur'q DNA. It'd be weird if we didn't see the Feklri reappear.

It's also an opportunity to update the playable Feklri carrier for the Klingons to T6.
  • lighte007lighte007 Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    Could mean the Fek'lri Arc is going to be revamped sometime soon than later. Since we have the return of the race that created them in the first place.
    The Rising of the Delta is the best expansion ever, and people love it to death because it is a good day to die in the endless struggle for supremacy of your own conviction. (A spin off of the Delta Rising is the best expansion ever and all the players love it.)
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,754 Arc User
    lordgyor wrote: »

And I think both the Drantzuuli and the Feklri are both servant races, made from Hur'q DNA. It'd be weird if we didn't see the Feklri reappear.

It's also an opportunity to update the playable Feklri carrier for the Klingons to T6.

They should make the carrier a cross-faction ship :p
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User

They should make the carrier a cross-faction ship :p

Na in truth I would rather them keep that as a KDF side, as it specifically linked to the elements of their story arc. Though i would not mind if they added another carrier that is linked to another race/faction that the Hur'q created maybe to work against one fo the race's of the Federation.
  • ssargonssargon Member Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited January 2018

Unfortunately, we all know the only way we'll get it is in a lockbox.
    ssargon wrote: »

Unfortunately, we all know the only way we'll get it is in a lockbox.

Bingo.