test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Honored Dead trait is game breaking and broken.

Comments

• hamtidamti#1438 hamtidamti Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    > @velqua said:
    > I'm actually glad I picked it up before it went over 1 Mil ECs.

It's over 1 Mil ECs now? Clearly the Exchange is broken and needs to be fixed! Well done Cryptic!

:| :D :p
  • silverlobes#2676 silverlobes Member Posts: 1,953 Arc User
    A couple of points:
    -Cryptic don't set the prices on the exchange - the market (the sellers) does.

Thats what everybody thinks and cryptic want you to think. But some people are not that naive. And if they wanted they could influence the exchange prices in many many many ways without players even noticing.
    Could you elaborate further, please? :confused:

I agree, I'm sure it's absolutely possible for ZippoTheDev to put a load of things on the exchange at a set price, but do they actually do that? I wouldn't've thought so... Is the exchange somehow manipulated beyond the market forces of supply and demand?

"I fight for the Users!" - Tron

"I was here before you, I will be here after you are gone. I am here, regardless of your acknowledgement or acceptance..." - The Truth
  • odinforever20000odinforever20000 Member Posts: 1,849 Arc User
    Eh..I dont think the trait is OP..

KDF and Rom gain access to C-store Trait Shield overload (Taken from a fed ship but available as an account unlock) and the Dynamic Power Redistributor Module (via Exchange)

It'll make some of us who need a bit more Res have a better day but given the diminishing returns on Resistances..Its not bad.
    Nukara Aux to Defense and Aux to Sif + Miracle worker spec put me easily in the 50% res..
    The Advanced Metaphasic Shield, Ablative Armor,Crystalline Absorption Matrix all do what this trait does..Tho from much shorter duration..So thats probably what they will do..Add a lock out and shorten the duration..But its not really anything new.

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Jacobs_xSmall.png

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

• mirrorterranmirrorterran Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @ethereal#4956 said:
    > silverlobes#2676 wrote: »
    >
    > A couple of points:
    > -Cryptic don't set the prices on the exchange - the market (the sellers) does.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Thats what everybody thinks and cryptic want you to think. But some people are not that naive. And if they wanted they could influence the exchange prices in many many many ways without players even noticing.

Bwahahahahahahah!

Your tinfoil is on too tight.

I guess you havent noticed the exchange prices on salvageable items skyrocketing?
    Not only do they manipulate exchange prices but dilithium as well.
    Don't have to have some kind of tinfoil hat to notice market changes and who causes them and why.
  • killer1986chriskiller1986chris Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @ethereal#4956 said:
    > silverlobes#2676 wrote: »
    >
    > A couple of points:
    > -Cryptic don't set the prices on the exchange - the market (the sellers) does.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Thats what everybody thinks and cryptic want you to think. But some people are not that naive. And if they wanted they could influence the exchange prices in many many many ways without players even noticing.

Bwahahahahahahah!

Your tinfoil is on too tight.

I guess you havent noticed the exchange prices on salvageable items skyrocketing?
    Not only do they manipulate exchange prices but dilithium as well.
    Don't have to have some kind of tinfoil hat to notice market changes and who causes them and why.

It's almost like people are realizing their items now have more value...................
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    Um, the skyrocketing prices on salvageable items is in response to those items becoming more desirable and those sellers reflecting that by raising their prices, not the devs going in and manipulating things. It's no different from what goes on in marketing in the real world.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • silverlobes#2676 silverlobes Member Posts: 1,953 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    A couple of points:
    -Cryptic don't set the prices on the exchange - the market (the sellers) does.

Thats what everybody thinks and cryptic want you to think. But some people are not that naive. And if they wanted they could influence the exchange prices in many many many ways without players even noticing.
    Could you elaborate further, please? :confused:

I agree, I'm sure it's absolutely possible for ZippoTheDev to put a load of things on the exchange at a set price, but do they actually do that? I wouldn't've thought so... Is the exchange somehow manipulated beyond the market forces of supply and demand?

Only in so much as tinfoil hats can prove there are aliens watching them. The wording of "influence the exchange prices in many many many ways without players even noticing" removes the onis of proof and is basically what nutters say when they know they can't actually prove anything. They just need to make it sound plausible and hope people's fear takes them rest of the way.
    Well, that is pretty much what I thought, but figured it never hurts to ask :lol:
    "I fight for the Users!" - Tron

"I was here before you, I will be here after you are gone. I am here, regardless of your acknowledgement or acceptance..." - The Truth
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,275 Arc User
    don't worry, it's already on the nerfbat block

they're reducing the amount of resist each stack gives and changing it from from pre to post-mitigated damage taken​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    echatty wrote: »
    Um, the skyrocketing prices on salvageable items is in response to those items becoming more desirable and those sellers reflecting that by raising their prices, not the devs going in and manipulating things. It's no different from what goes on in marketing in the real world.

Economics 101, ladies and germs: stuff is worth what people will pay for it. (And if that isn't a Rule of Acquisition, it ought to be.)
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • orangenee#2931 orangenee Member Posts: 837 Arc User
    starswordc wrote: »

Economics 101, ladies and germs: stuff is worth what people will pay for it. (And if that isn't a Rule of Acquisition, it ought to be.)

Seems to be why everyone and their mother is beelining for DSEs now. Why? Worthless loot is now not worthless, vendortrash is now exchange fodder and/or salvage. Personally I went the exchange fodder route. 50K in exchange for a mk ii white plasma beam array? I'll take it.

That bubble will of course burst sooner or later but the getting is still good for right now.
  • kyle223catkyle223cat Member Posts: 584 Arc User

This
    don't worry, it's already on the nerfbat block

they're reducing the amount of resist each stack gives and changing it from from pre to post-mitigated damage taken​​

Post-resists damage makes much more sense for the trait, so that's a good change.
    da84303d8bc4080b9860968f634f98682215bbe5.gifv
  • orangenee#2931 orangenee Member Posts: 837 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    Honored dead now nerfed. Enjoy!

Honored Dead Starship Trait:

Resolved an issue that caused stacks of this trait's bonus to be applied based on Pre-Resist Damage.
    It now correctly tracks only Post-Resist damage.
    Reduced magnitude of bonus received from each stack from +20 Damage Resistance Rating and 2% Hull Regeneration to +10 Damage Resistance Rating and 1% Hull Regeneration.

I find this to be really naive or disingenuous.
    "in respose to those items becoming more desirable".......yes and who made them more desirable....? and why?

As long as EC=dilithium=zen=$$$$$ Cryptic/PWE has a vested interest in the exchange and dil/zen and the manipulating they do is clear as the nose on your face.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User

"in respose to those items becoming more desirable".......yes and who made them more desirable....? and why?

As long as EC=dilithium=zen=$$$$$ Cryptic/PWE has a vested interest in the exchange and dil/zen and the manipulating they do is clear as the nose on your face.

That's just what they WANT you to think! Wake up sheeple!

But seriously: Yes, Cryptic introduced the mod rewrite system just to drive up the price of vendor trash.

Or more seriously: :rolleyes:
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    The implication earlier was DIRECT manipulation, as in going in and messing with both the DL Exchange and the normal Exchange numbers themselves. What Cryptic does is INDIRECT. Its all player reaction to what they do. We see it all the time with the Dilithium Exchange. Some new C-Store shiny comes out, generally DL Exchange prices reflect that through higher DL to Zen prices. Same when the Phoenix Box comes out. Dilithum becomes more desirable so players sell off Zen at a lower price in order to get more Dilithium faster.

Its all Indirect. The only ones manipulating anything directly... are the players themselves in response to these events.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,275 Arc User
    to be fair...the dil exchange has barely budged lately even with two repeat phoenixes in quick succession...might have something to do with the 50 key sales we've had in the past 8 months​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    to be fair...the dil exchange has barely budged lately even with two repeat phoenixes in quick succession...might have something to do with the 50 key sales we've had in the past 8 months​​

Lately it's been a non-stop see-saw of reasons to buy Zen (new ships, key sales, general sales) and reasons to buy Dil (Colony holding, Phoenix pack, now mod re-engineering) so maybe they're canceling each other out.

.... or Cryptic flipped their Evil Market Control Levers to "stasis" ;)

• daviddxxdaviddxx Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    It will be nerved today.. and even if not.. you can nuke it off. Its not so OP as many believe. On the other side they bring a Console with 125% cat 2 Bonus DmG.. well balanced after the Balanceing. B)
    Regarts
    David
    fIDFtkM.gif
    Star Trek Online
    *** Aktiv since 03.06.10 ***
  • lighte007lighte007 Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    I guess its a good thing its getting nerfed in the Jan. 25th Patch. >.>
    The Rising of the Delta is the best expansion ever, and people love it to death because it is a good day to die in the endless struggle for supremacy of your own conviction. (A spin off of the Delta Rising is the best expansion ever and all the players love it.)
    rattler2 wrote: »
    The implication earlier was DIRECT manipulation, as in going in and messing with both the DL Exchange and the normal Exchange numbers themselves. What Cryptic does is INDIRECT. Its all player reaction to what they do. We see it all the time with the Dilithium Exchange. Some new C-Store shiny comes out, generally DL Exchange prices reflect that through higher DL to Zen prices. Same when the Phoenix Box comes out. Dilithum becomes more desirable so players sell off Zen at a lower price in order to get more Dilithium faster.

Its all Indirect. The only ones manipulating anything directly... are the players themselves in response to these events.

Agreed.
    IRL the phrase market manipulation never refers to going in and literally hacking hence the disagreement.
    However, take a look at any typical fleet project and you'll see what Cryptic would like you to have less of.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    Dilithium is the endgame currency. So naturally there will be many sinks for it.

At least a fully upgraded T3 Mine takes some of the pain out of it.

Larger fleets won't have as much of a problem filling those requirements as a smaller fleet, so that is also a factor.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)

That's just what they WANT you to think! Wake up sheeple!

But seriously: Yes, Cryptic introduced the mod rewrite system just to drive up the price of vendor trash.

Or more seriously: :rolleyes:

Well, considering that it's an awful lot of EC and items and dilithium getting sucked out of the market for ANOTHER currency that only has one specific purpose.....

Hey I'm not Cryptic bashing here, but it's also foolhardy to think they do everything for our benefit.
  • nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    It's a good change. I bought the trait on the exchange and tested it out. It makes you nearly invincible even under concentrated fire.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • disqord#9557 disqord Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    Eh, I don't know how much I like it being post-resist now. The halved regen and resist buffs kinda make it sound like it'll just be worthless now. It didn't make you unkillable, instead simply giving players a chance to actually combat the infinite number of people using alpha strike builds.
  • bernatkbernatk Member Posts: 1,089 Bug Hunter
    Kirk plastering USS ENTER's hull with the bodies of redshirts... man this needs to be a film lol...
    Cryptic, you're a jester!
    Tck7dQ2.jpg
    Dahar Master Mary Sue                                               Fleet Admiral Bloody Mary