test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Team Split on Map Transfer - Solution!

This has been a particular bugbear of mine for a while now. We run foundry missions constantly in our fleet so this is a big issue. The current problem is that you often get split into your own instance of a map when transfering or beaming down.

In order to avoid this here is the solution.

The team leader must enter the map first, once inside then he signals to the rest of the team to follow. We have been testing this now for two weeks and run 124 missions, not once has it split us, so I am prepared to state that this works 100% of the time to date.

It seems that the game has to generate the map for the team, once one person goes in that map is now generated, the instance is created and the other team members move pretty much instantly in with almost no load time, only the team leader has the long load on the initial generation of the instance.

Hopefully this information will help Cryptic with their solution to this problem, if nothing else, it now means that longer more complex missions are again viable with teams.

Comments

• Options
    djxprimedjxprime Member Posts: 522 Arc User
    Interesting. I'll have to give this a shot the next time I'm playing with a team.
    Kkerp5u.jpg?1

"No matter where you go...there you are."