test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Honored Dead trait is game breaking and broken.

It's utterly game breaking in PvP (what is left of PvP) due to the trait being available for feds for 1mil EC max at current price, and for KDF unless lucky enough to win the sarcophagus dread would have to pay currently 900mil+ EC. Very few KDF PvPers are going to be able to afford this. Did you not think before release cryptic? In PvE im able to use the trait on my fed, low dmg res/pure damage build and hit and maintain 65%+ dmg res through an entire STF, thats just insane and again, a game breaking trait. Basically you have made the most powerful must have trait at 1mil EC cost only available to feds. Despite cryptic's efforts to reboot PvP post S13 they're managing to kill it off entirely. Even if you made this trait available for KDF too at a mere 1mil EC cost, all we're gonna have is ker'rat filled with players that just will not die. pew pew infinity. Well done cryptic.

Comments

• davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    In other words, you like to vape people in PVP and don't want to learn some new tricks to counter a tanky ship?
  • neonchillineonchilli Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    no you don't get it, and no i don't vape. 65%+ dmg res maintained for as long as you want, it's too much. Ker'rat will be filled will players unable to kill each other. again everyone seems to think im whining about not being able to kill anyone using this. the trait is broken, it's that simple.
    I love PvP, one of the few left participating in PvP actively and passionately and it's stuff like this that kills it off. before long dave you too will realise how broken this trait is as will everyone.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    Uh huh...

I'm not a PvPer, but PvP was broken before this trait even came out due to vapers. It was literally whoever shoots first wins. Not only that... PvP is extremely unfriendly to nonPvPers. Someone like me goes in... might as well just forget participating due to being vape bait.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    yeah i'll agree with that, such a shame too, i had high hopes for PvP post S13 with the new PvP orientated features and such, the nerfs to what was silly in PvP like some of the temp op abilities. but we're back to square 1, if anything we're worse off now.
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    The funnier aspect of this is that KDF characters have to spend roughly 600 times the price to get the same trait lol. Guess I'll only be going into Ker'rat with my FED.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • newromulan#1567 newromulan Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    People still PvP in this game? Has no one realized that Cryptic PvP revamp was designed to fail? It was just put in so they could say "See we tried to improved Pvp, but no one cared!" So now they can leave it as abandonware - time to roll out the power creep - got to get it back to preS13 levels through the gamble system - step right up and pay for power! - its got me buying stuff again. BRING ON THE POWER LEAP!
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,820 Arc User
    People still PvP in this game? Has no one realized that Cryptic PvP revamp was designed to fail? It was just put in so they could say "See we tried to improved Pvp, but no one cared!" So now they can leave it as abandonware - time to roll out the power creep - got to get it back to preS13 levels through the gamble system - step right up and pay for power! - its got me buying stuff again. BRING ON THE POWER LEAP!

There was a revamp? I thought it was the threat of a revamp and most changes end up reverted and in the end damage goes up even more...
  • kyle223catkyle223cat Member Posts: 584 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    I just got killed in ker’rat using this trait. 75% resistances and on a healer. One sensor scan debuffed it down to 40%. Not sure how but it is what it is. The trait isn’t as op (and that says something about the state of pvp) if there are plenty of ways to debuff and bypass resistances. I’ll have to do some more testing before I can really come to a conclusion.
    da84303d8bc4080b9860968f634f98682215bbe5.gifv
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    neonchilli wrote: »
    It's utterly game breaking in PvP (what is left of PvP)

First off...I don't PvP.

This is why I hate PvP! I get something good to use and NOW it's gonna get nerfed to hell due to a small number of PvP players that start yelling about OP! and UNFAIR! Ya know, the NPCs I blast don't go crying to the Devs about me being stronger than them! That's why I like them. ;)

Second... sarcophagus dread last I looked was a bit under 600M. And I've been playing STO for 8yrs and never won a ship from a box. That's 'unfair' too! :'(
  • lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,403 Arc User
    People still contract PVP cancer in this game? I thought we cured that disease...
    1e3sni150tar.jpg
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    Wait, it is available for feds for 1mil EC? :D

latest?cb=20120729215821&path-prefix=en
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    Would be fine to put a cap on the damage resist that only applies only in pvp instances and maps.
  • burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    Its a pure bait trait - mark my words, when the new box comes along it'll get nerfhammered hard

IMO its only so op as someone figured out with the TRIBBLE backlash the best way to shift boxes is to give a 'killer app' trait...power creep and oneupmanship trumps personal taste, after all

...that said as a kdf non pvper who torps, getting the fed trait makes me a happy camper
  • silverlobes#2676 silverlobes Member Posts: 1,953 Arc User
    A couple of points:
    -Cryptic don't set the prices on the exchange - the market (the sellers) does.
    -That's not an unattainable amount of EC.
    -A person can have both KDF and Fed characters.
    -A person can shift EC from one character to another.
    -I don't know about any true PvPers who actually want to get into a fair-fight between peers, but the Gankers of Ker'rat (KDF-side) seem to have no trouble crafting UberBuilds...

The OP screams of "I can't afford this, so I'm going to say it's unfair!"
    "I fight for the Users!" - Tron

"I was here before you, I will be here after you are gone. I am here, regardless of your acknowledgement or acceptance..." - The Truth
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    burstorion wrote: »
    Its a pure bait trait - mark my words, when the new box comes along it'll get nerfhammered hard

This is true.. buyer beware!

Cryptic does this to make money, they package something they know is OP and broken.. leave it alone as long as it's generating revenue, and then when either everyone already has it or loses interest they 'balance' it into utter uselessness.

It's a slimy and disgusting business practice, selling people something and then altering it after they already have your money. This is why many people advise that you only buy a ship if you really like and want the ship, do not buy it for the trait, it's going to get nerfed.. guaranteed.

As far as it's effect on PvP, sorry to hear that, but honestly.. there are just too few people that actually care to see anything change. I don't want to sound like a jerk and tell you 'no one cares' but honestly.. no one does. Sorry.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • tremere12tremere12 Member Posts: 477 Arc User
    the trait needs to be fixed.
    lexusk19 wrote: »
    People still contract PVP cancer in this game? I thought we cured that disease...

dont worry, its growing and growing again, one of the big fleets i'm in is entirely dedicated in swarming kerrat.
  • vampeiyrevampeiyre Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    Let me guess, you're a Tac captain?

It's funny how Tac vapers don't think their shield and resistance-ignoring alphas aren't broken, but when a counter to their tactic is introduced, THAT is what's broken.

Sorry man, Honored Dead is the tanking counter to Cold Hearted. Deal with it.

"I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am."
  • nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    To a point I can see the argument but also keep in mind KDF get a lot of Fed goodies on the cheap like Feds are getting Honored Dead. To really fix things Cryptic should stop offering on the cheap traits to opposing factions and either raise the prices to match the cost of getting the whole ship or retrofit faction ships with those traits in the game and charge same amount as the base faction for that trait so you get a generic faction ship filler with the trait and the price increase.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    As someone who pvps occasionally I agree that this trait is broken as frak, but let's be real... there's a lot of broken TRIBBLE in this game that's detrimental to pvp. Cryptic don't care.
    Tza0PEl.png
    the trait is overblown even for pve. i wasnt even thinking about pvp when i used it. the point is that pve must not get too easy either.
  • storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    burstorion wrote: »

This is true.. buyer beware!

Cryptic does this to make money, they package something they know is OP and broken.. leave it alone as long as it's generating revenue, and then when either everyone already has it or loses interest they 'balance' it into utter uselessness.

It's a slimy and disgusting business practice, selling people something and then altering it after they already have your money. This is why many people advise that you only buy a ship if you really like and want the ship, do not buy it for the trait, it's going to get nerfed.. guaranteed.

As far as it's effect on PvP, sorry to hear that, but honestly.. there are just too few people that actually care to see anything change. I don't want to sound like a jerk and tell you 'no one cares' but honestly.. no one does. Sorry.

This is entirely TRUE. DO NOT BUY....Just a bait to get some people flamed and excited.
    Look what happened to every single trait or console useful in the past....NERFED. Remember plasmoic leach? Used to be worth upwards of 100MIL at times in the exchange and after it got nerfed would be happy if you could sell for 2mil.

Whoever is spending money on the exchange on this will regret it sooner or later as history will repeat itself.​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • soullessraptorsoullessraptor Member Posts: 353 Arc User
    tremere12 wrote: »
    the trait is overblown even for pve. i wasnt even thinking about pvp when i used it. the point is that pve must not get too easy either.

Do bear in mind, adding more powerful traits and such could also impact PvE, as the new threats we face get more and more dangerous.
    edited January 2018
    A couple of points:
    -Cryptic don't set the prices on the exchange - the market (the sellers) does.

Thats what everybody thinks and cryptic want you to think. But some people are not that naive. And if they wanted they could influence the exchange prices in many many many ways without players even noticing.

The moon landing was faked too!

Proof! - http://www.ozy.com/true-story/how-i-faked-the-apollo-moon-landing/68714
  • velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    Actually, this is a very nice trait for those of us who can't afford the Shield Overload trait. I'm actually glad I picked it up before it went over 1 Mil ECs.

That being said, evening using this trait doesn't guarantee that a person is invincible. Not everyone has all the necessary traits to be withstand a near infinite amount of attacks. The trait is fine. And I will say, as an Eng, I have had a few KDF blow me up with that trait running. So having 75% All Damage Resistance doesn't always make you invincible.

If anything needs a nerf, it's the KDF and Rom Pilot ships. They are so fast and can cloak and hide so easily. It's is very difficult for a cruiser to event hit them in PvP.

Vaping needs to be removed from PvP! Bottom line.
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
    edited January 2018
    Makes sense. PVP should add spike damage caps to keep ...certain players... from vaping so much :) Nerf the DPS!