test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Characters based on or inspired by other characters

mneme0mneme0 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
If your characters are based on another fictional character, who would that be?

Aenea ei-Dabhae t'Vrih: T'Kreng, only with Borg. http://memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/T'Kreng

Aoide e-Rllaillieu t'Maia: The muse Aoide.

Mnheia i-Mnaeha t'Rllaillieu: Ael t'Rllaillieu. http://memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/Ael_t'Rllaillieu

Anna Nyx: The Dax symbiont's duplication as described in http://memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/Time's_Enemy (though by different methods).

Azalea Mackenzie Fraser: Brianna from Outlander.

Mneme e-Rllaillieu t'Maia: The muse Mneme.

Anna 'aH'o' Nyx: duplicate of Anna Nyx.

Melete e-Rllaillieu t'Maia: The muse Melete.

Comments

• smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User
    Well, one of my main Boffs (as well as in my planned comics) is a fellow named Walter Hartford, based upon the character of the same name in Adventures of the Galaxy Rangers.

And my Aoy eng is Ace Rimmer, based on the Red Dwarf character.

I also recently made a Feseran based on Kajja the Fang, a Kilrathi pilot from the original Wing Commander.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    I also recently made a Feseran based on Kajja the Fang, a Kilrathi pilot from the original Wing Commander.

NICE. Always cool to see anything Wing Commander.
    A lot of my KDF ships have Kilrathi names, and I named one of my Vorgon Carriers Tiger's Claw.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    Quite a few of mine are. heres a start.

Kristine, Based off of Kristine Kochanski, and her BOFFS Rimmer Lister Kat, spelling sucks from Red Dwarf

Maximillian and his ground team, based on Gouald System lord and Jaffa.

Enoch, Reman, based of of Slistack character from the Original Land of the lost.

Ma'shal, based off of Princess from Battle of the Planets.

Bartholomew Roberts, based off of actual Pirate of the same name

Rumpleteazer, Caitian based of character from the Musical Cats.

Macavity, Ferasan, based off of Character from the Musical Cats.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
    Anyways... on topic... I do have my Romulan...

Saria Kiri... aka Saria from Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    Dexter Smith (Mirror)- Combination of Prime Sisko's toughness in battle with Captain John Sheridan's sense of duty and honor with the roguish charms of Han Solo just in case he needs to talk his way out of a mess.

His crew are possibly the craziest in the fleet with a long list of battle honors to their name
    Post edited by theraven2378 on
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
      And my Aoy eng is Ace Rimmer, based on the Red Dwarf character.

What a guy.​​
      22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
      Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
      JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
      'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
      'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
      '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
      'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
      '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    • jamieblanchardjamieblanchard Member Posts: 556 Arc User
      I sometimes model my boffs after members of G.I. Joe, as well as a few McHale's Navy themed ones. Working on a Gomer Pyle as well. XD
      Resident TOS, G.I. Joe, Transformers and hair metal fangirl.

And knowing is half the battle!

21 'til I die!
    • silverlobes#2676 silverlobes Member Posts: 1,953 Arc User
      Vaana Lanza could be thought of as somewhat inspired by Kelvin Timeline Jim Kirk. Her chief of security, Lieutenant Alara Kitan, is inspired by/tribute to, the character of the same name :sunglasses:

Kek is inspired by Pep the Frog memes and a green flag :lol:
      "I fight for the Users!" - Tron

"I was here before you, I will be here after you are gone. I am here, regardless of your acknowledgement or acceptance..." - The Truth
      His crew are possibly the craziest in the fleet with a long list of battle honors to their name

Competing with Krystal Jade and the Lexington for weirdest in the fleet? ;)
      rattler2 wrote: »

A lot of my KDF ships have Kilrathi names, and I named one of my Vorgon Carriers Tiger's Claw.

Yep, even named his current ship the Salthi.

Any ideas what ship could live up to the name of Jalthi? :)
      dvZq2Aj.jpg
      Maybe a BoP? Especially the D4x?
    • damzelltrilldamzelltrill Member Posts: 443 Arc User
      Arizona Masters- that one white haired redshirt on the bridge in the first jj movie, just borged
      I have an alien boff I modeled after Trance Gemiii's gold form. (Why ae most of the default aliens fugly?)
      A Trill, a Gorn, a Jem'Hadar, Bejoran and a Voth walk into a bar, and the Bartender asks "What is this a Joke?"
      "Nope, just my away team" the trill replies before ordering a round for the bar.

Competing with Krystal Jade and the Lexington for weirdest in the fleet? ;)

Dexter Smith and his crews have been in some of the toughest battles in the Terran Empire's internal campaigns against rebels and have fought the Empire's external enemies, they're the most combat hardened crews in the Imperial Starfleet but they will never harm an innocent
      NMXb2ph.png
        "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
        Well... Lexington's dealt with dimensional this, temporal that... Mad Scientists every second Wednesday...
      • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
        latest?cb=20141230161618
        Kanril Eleya (Bajoran tac) started with an attempt to make a character who was the exact opposite of Jean-Luc Picard: younger, hot-blooded, rebellious, coarse, religious, prior enlisted with combat experience, female, alien. After a little while some "jaded, bitter veteran soldier" characterization crept in, too. The result came out looking something like a cross between Kira Nerys and Paragade FemShep.

Brokosh (Lethean eng, camera-shy) is a KDF character written by a guy who doesn't like Klingons but does like David Drake's Hammer's Slammers novels. He's a career mercenary and openly derisive of Klingon norms, seeing the Empire as the corrupt, dying shell of a once-great people, though he ended up marrying a Klingon he met on the job.

latest?cb=20150319233113
        Morgaiah ir'Sheratan t'Thavrau (Romulan Sci) is partly inspired by Ael t'Rllailleiu. She's an aristocrat (illegitimate daughter of the cadet branch of a senatorial house-clan) and an Imperial Fleet veteran from before Hobus who fought on the side of the Empire during the early 2380s civil war between Tal'Aura and Donatra. She fled into hiding after a run-in with the Tal'Shiar in the aftermath of the nova, and turned her old horticulture hobby into a successful business as an ale brewer and vintner on Virinat.
        "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
        — Sabaton, "Great War"
        VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
      • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,354 Arc User
        I've only got two toons inspired by fictional characters.

Kirrk is a TOS-style Klingon, modeled after a species-swapped version of Jim Kirk. (As a captain, he commanded IKS nIvqu', which is as close as our linguists here could come to the concept of "enterprise" - it literally means something more like "honorable undertaking".)

And of course there's my infamous Romulan, Tovan Khev. He's realized that there are versions of himself from across the multiverse (some male, some female, some even Reman) popping into his reality through the temporospatial rift in the Azure Nebula, and he's collecting as many Tovans (and Rinnas) as he can aboard his ship, RRW Tovan Khev XV.
        Lorna-Wing-sig.png
      • soullessraptorsoullessraptor Member Posts: 353 Arc User
        If i had to state a proper inspiration for my captain (Kirisame, Rom/Alien, Engineering), it would be Captain Hook of Once Upon a Time. Pirate turned more or less hero
      • galattgalatt Member Posts: 707 Arc User
        > @rattler2 said:
        > Well... Lexington's dealt with dimensional this, temporal that... Mad Scientists every second Wednesday...

Allow me to introduce you to the crew of the USS Los Lobos
        https://gx-9901.deviantart.com/art/Tales-from-the-Los-Lobos-preview-443974366
        sig_picture_resize_by_gx_9901-db9d1v1.png
        Try having a Betazoid helm officer who gets a kick out of scaring the hell out of everyone on the bridge by pulling crazy stunts and laughing maniacally as she tries her new sports she invented (Star surfing without warning and going through asteroid fields at full impulse while drifting the ship)

NMXb2ph.png
          Well... I guess all I got left is my CMO who's an ex-mercenary combat medic from the Battletech universe. She was Eridani Light Horse and took part in Operation Serpent.

Either way... guess we both have weird ships.
        • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
          edited January 2018
          I have a character named Chuft, after Chuft Captain from TAS.

He has a lot of ships named things like "Traitor's Claw" or Traitor's Fangs" because the Kzinti ship in TAS had the name Traitor's Claw IIRC.

Then there's 7 of 13 who's a Liberated Borg Terminator. :p Most people think he's Lib Borg Human, but the important difference is in whether there's an actual brain in control... there is not.
          -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
          My character Tsin'xing
          Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
        • bberge1701bberge1701 Member Posts: 726 Bug Hunter
          edited January 2018
          My liberated Borg engineering captain Six is loosely inspired by Six from Tripping the Rift, who was in turn a parody of Seven of Nine.

Her full name is Gina Leigh McCarthy, which is taken from the three voice actresses who played Six: Gina Gershon in season 1, Carmen Electra (Tara Leigh Patrick) in season 2, and Jenny McCarthy in season 3.

I also have an "alternate timeline" version of her on Xbox One. She never went to Vega Colony (skipped the tutorial), so she was never assimilated there as she was in my "prime timeline". So she's Gina, a normal human.
          Jenny McCarthy... that name sounds familiar...

Why am I picturing Tanya from one of the Red Alert games?
        • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,354 Arc User

A former Playboy model, famed today mostly for going on Oprah and the internet and spawning the antivax movement. (All those kids dying of whooping cough and measles in the US today are on her head.)
          Lorna-Wing-sig.png
          And she played Tanya in Command and Conquer Red Alert 3.
          jonsills wrote: »

A former Playboy model, famed today mostly for going on Oprah and the internet and spawning the antivax movement. (All those kids dying of whooping cough and measles in the US today are on her head.)

And despite the typical reaction of calling me 'anti science' I'm on her side, gramps.

Anyhow, I might make a Lina Inverse toon as some point.
          dvZq2Aj.jpg
        • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
          dying of whooping cough and measles? who?
          -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
          My character Tsin'xing
          Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
        • ricosakararicosakara Member Posts: 421 Arc User
          edited February 2018
          My Delta Recruit is based on Ray Tracer, the Web Surfer from the 1st CGI animated series, ReBoot:

Screenshot:
          STO_Ray_Tracer1.jpg

Reference:
          Reboot_Ray_Tracer.jpg

My Main Toon's Photonic Officer is a Photonic version of the main character, Bob, Guardian 452, from the same show.

• legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User

then you should see my ferasan; i took the names of two aces from wing commander and blended them together as Dahkhath Redclaw​​
          Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
          An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
          A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
          A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
          "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
          Passion and Serenity are one.
          I gain power by understanding both.
          In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
          I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
          The Force is united within me.
        • xungnguyenxungnguyen Member Posts: 233 Arc User
          Destiny M. Seiji's bio is a cross of Owari no Seraph, Vampire Knight, TESV, and TLoS. She's basically a female Spyro with vampiric traits.
          Sapphire and Amy Ketchum Chew are from Pokemon. They're also royals. The latter's crew are from various series including the Disney Animated and Video Game canons.
          Steven DrakeRider is from Wizard101 and Harry Potter. He's a Medieval era magic knight.
          temporal_lapras__royal_flagship__by_lapry101-dbutq96.png

"Simba, you have forgotten me. You have forgotten who you are … you are my son and the one true king." (Mufasa)