test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

"Step Right Up"

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,673 Community Manager
Sit in on one of the strangest press conferences in the universe of Star Trek, and find out how the Sarcophagus returned to the galaxy, in our latest fiction blog!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10775424

Comments

• mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    So I guess whatever was classified about the Discovery's mission, a lot of it isn't anymore in the 25th century.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    Oh wow... dead archaeologist walking... thats like the kdf 'willingly' handing over its secret technologies like the plasmonic leech to be sold to all

..oh wait... :lol:

Even so, that guys got to be exiled for this...its one thing discovering...its another to sell it.
  • jcsteelejcsteele Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    Tortoth may not be the only walking corpse, if the members of the Lobi Consortium had a hand in its refit...
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    The blogs are pretty good regardless, but this one was a notch better, imo, nicely done.
  • mneme0mneme0 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    I... um... wow. I was not expecting this...
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    *Looks at Tortoth*

/emote Discommendation

Dead man walking indeed.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    Does anyone need a reason why the war against the klingon empire should be restarted this instant.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • galattgalatt Member Posts: 707 Arc User
    > @iamynaught said:
    > *Looks at Tortoth*
    >
    > /emote Discommendation
    >
    > Dead man walking indeed.

To paraphrase Mulan:

"All right, that's it! Discommendation! Discommendation on your whole family!
    Discommendation on you, Discommendation on your targ..."
    sig_picture_resize_by_gx_9901-db9d1v1.png
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    Sit in on one of the strangest press conferences in the universe of Star Trek, and find out how the Sarcophagus returned to the galaxy, in our latest fiction blog!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10775424

Here I was thinking it was finally a diplomatic ovature to allow Klingons to visit Risa throughout the year as a way of solidifying the Alliance.... :cry:
  • ulukayxulukayx Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    Wait, I thought Star trek discovery was part of the Kelvin timeline?

I love the show, but with the high tech look everything has, completely different Klingons, spore drive tech and Spocks formerly unknown adopted human sister as the main character it doesn't really seem to fit into the original timeline.
    -
    Join Starfleet,
    Boldly go where no man has gone before,
    Meet interesting new species, and Kill them!
    Okay... who turned on the TRIBBLE defender bat signal? 'Fess up!
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    I thought the salt over the Kelvin Timeline was bad, but the hatred over Discovery is rapidly approaching the impotent rage beyond that level.

It's disappointing that fans of the Star Trek franchise (who have complained for years that we haven't had a new Star Trek show) can't even sit down and enjoy Discovery.

But that's what being a Star Trek fan is all about. Hating on the newest Star Trek thing for trivial reasons is part of the experience.

With fans like some of you, you don't even need CBS Studios or JJ Abrams to ruin the franchise. You do a good enough job of it yourself.

Stay the course, Cryptic. More Discovery assets are what I'm craving now. Blogs like this really help, although part of me would love to see Tortoth executed for apostasy.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • warhammeredwarhammered Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    ulukayx wrote: »
    Wait, I thought Star trek discovery was part of the Kelvin timeline?

I love the show, but with the high tech look everything has, completely different Klingons, spore drive tech and Spocks formerly unknown adopted human sister as the main character it doesn't really seem to fit into the original timeline.

This is exactly how I feel about DIS. It just doesn't belong anywhere else but the already upgraded (and Bald Klingons as well) JJ Trek universe. It's still a great Sci-Fi (if not Kelvin Trek) show.

And the CBS defenders are just sad. There's no independent thought process in that argument that "CBS makes it, so it must be law." (Political statements are against the ToS; comments moderated out. - BMR) Just because something is, doesn't make it right and good for us. Example: Remember TNG Andorians? I try not to either, and luckily neither did ENT. The show's creators are fallible, sadly, and this is just the epitome of it. Accepting it doesn't help. It only defends poor continuity and change without a real reason and logic behind it. (And no, being cool is not a valid reason. It's lame and short-sighted.) It makes an established universe poor, diluted and incomprehensible in the long-term as we're seeing now. It may as well just go open and erase the 'prime' timeline. (Seems like that's CBS's goal now to fight against Paramount.)

Anyways. Bad interpretations of canon aside, the Walker class actually fits in the STO 25th century game. So I'll be glad to see that one. Good work on the model assets. I'll welcome the others as fitting in the with Kelvin universe, or even some other alternate one again. There's room for that with a reasoned and logical approach. Not just blind willy-nilly Whiskey Tango Foxtrot facepalm shoe ins.
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
  • christopher082christopher082 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    It pains me to say this, but Disco as a show is tolerable. I hate the redesigned Klingons and tech retcons. The blog however, is impressive. It gives me vibes of the beginning of Stargate SG1. Fringe scientist finally finding proof validating him.
    I think looking at Disco through the lens of this story will help me accept it easier.
  • alcmaeonidaealcmaeonidae Member Posts: 61 Arc User

"Its been stated numerous times it's Prime timeline, even before the show came out CBS stated it several times."

Stating something does not make it true. It just means CBS was trying to head off criticism by telling us a lie. And that they have repeated the lie.

Discovery works fine as an alternate timeline. There are too many discrepancies between it and the original timeline to say it's the Prime timeline. And it doesn't matter how many times CBS (or Cryptic) claims otherwise.
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    For the love of G-d, make it stop. Please don't pollute the game with this garbage. It is bad enough you already have millenials riding around in JJ abominations, now you want to put Discovery in the game. Discovery is so bad it actually makes Star Trek V look sexy. Please don't put this garbage in the game.
    Why should your preferences take precedent over another person's preferences?
    iconians wrote: »
    It's disappointing that fans of the Star Trek franchise (who have complained for years that we haven't had a new Star Trek show) can't even sit down and enjoy Discovery.
    To be fair, we don't know which of them wanted a new series, nor if any of that set overlaps at all with the rage-filled haters.
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,762 Arc User
    "I have the distinct impression of being in the presence of a flim flam artist."
    Picard - Devil's Due
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    azrael605 wrote: »
    Actually there is as usual a very small minority that are pissing and moaning about Discovery. Just as it was a tiny minority that bitched about TNG, and so on for every single iteration of the franchise. As is also usual these people have a massively inflated belief in their numbers, influence, etc.

Doesn't help that they are also QUITE vocal as well.

Anyways...
    galatt wrote: »
    "All right, that's it! Discommendation! Discommendation on your whole family!
    Discommendation on you, Discommendation on your targ..."

tenor.gif
    My Orion may not be the big honor above all type... but even she's cleaning her disruptor for a little "Below the Belt" surgery due to that guy's audacity.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    I wouldn't complain if the gave us a new Star Trek show. I just cannot see Discovery as Star Trek.
    It might be because what you define as a "Star Trek serries" is fundamentally dient than what the Star Trek authorities define as a "Star Trek series". And, no offense, they're the authorities.
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    For the love of G-d, make it stop. Please don't pollute the game with this garbage. It is bad enough you already have millenials riding around in JJ abominations, now you want to put Discovery in the game. Discovery is so bad it actually makes Star Trek V look sexy. Please don't put this garbage in the game.

K6JwJYd.gif
    burstorion wrote: »
    Okay... who turned on the TRIBBLE defender bat signal? 'Fess up!
    And the CBS defenders are just sad.

sAkmNAw.gif
    iconians wrote: »
    I thought the salt over the Kelvin Timeline was bad, but the hatred over Discovery is rapidly approaching the impotent rage beyond that level.

But that's what being a Star Trek fan is all about. Hating on the newest Star Trek thing for trivial reasons is part of the experience.

With fans like some of you, you don't even need CBS Studios or JJ Abrams to ruin the franchise. You do a good enough job of it yourself.

Stay the course, Cryptic. More Discovery assets are what I'm craving now. Blogs like this really help, although part of me would love to see Tortoth executed for apostasy.​​

I can always count on you to be a voice of reason in troubled threads.
    edited January 2018
    Guess someone can't comprehend a joke... did you need a :grin: to make it clear?

-insert Joker "why so serious?" meme here-
This discussion has been closed.