test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

My guess: 2018 Summer Event

2»

Comments

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    tigeraries wrote: »
    so what those the wings do in space exactly? they dont look thick enough to have actual space to have people in them do they?
    I figure the maneuvering thrusters are on the wings. Sure, you don't NEED wings for those but it helps.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    tigeraries wrote: »
    so what those the wings do in space exactly? they dont look thick enough to have actual space to have people in them do they?
    I figure the maneuvering thrusters are on the wings. Sure, you don't NEED wings for those but it helps.

looks like one of those freelancer very heavy fighters without the tail fin above the thruster ports.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    Yep, that's my dream as well. In fact, if it were up to me I'd have the 'Vette ALWAYS available, with yearly exclusive skins. If they want to feature a different ship as well that's fine, but the Corvette should always be earnable and as you play more summer events you get more parts so you can customize your ride. Each event's skin / parts set is only available that year (or through the Phoenix pack perhaps), and the stats don't change so you're playing for vanity parts...
    This is a capital idea, sir. If by 'skins' you refer to vanity shields instead of hull patterns, this would also drive demand for a dedicated vanity inventory tabs. Of course, that can also be said for non-combat pets...
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    I actually have an issue with fed ships structural weaknesses by design. Nacelles on thin stalks? Silly feds, that's why I don't play you.
    Supposedly, it was originally intended the nacelles had to be positioned in a specific way for warp drive to work, so they get put on pylons or wingtips. Of course, subsequent series' used those design rules for toilet paper, so yeah.