test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread for Re-Engineering

Comments

• danpmkdanpmk Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    Here's my updated feedback after the 1/16 patch: (Having trouble getting this post to go through, think I might be hitting a filter of some kind)
    • No longer being able to roll the same mod is great, thank you.
    • The [Proc] mod for the Refracting Tetryon, Romulan Plasma, etc. items is fantastic! Y'all should add that to Plasma-Disruptor weapons as well. One small bug I noticed: Existing Protonic Polaron ground weapons did not get a visible [Proc] mod, though they have the same stats and can be re-engineered properly. Might want to make a pass on those to avoid confusion. But please consider giving [Proc] (and [Acc]) the 2.5% cat1 that most other mods get (see last bullet point below).
    • You can still re-roll the [Sonic] modifier off of Sonic Antiproton weapons from the Nukara Reputation boxes/store, which I'm sure was intended be locked.
    • The [Vulcan Lirpa [Psi] [Stn]] from Hearts and Minds can be put in the reengineering window when rare, but both of those mods are locked. I'm not sure the solution for that one though, since you don't want to give the impression that higher rarities can't be re-engineered... I would suggest allowing both mods to be re-engineered, to give the player the option to keep one of [Psi] or [Stn] but not the other.
    • In cases where you have, say, two slots to roll, and only one of those slots can get a certain mod, eg. [EPG], due to a mod limit, rolling it on one will then remove it from the listed options of the other. But if you're about to roll both those at once, sometimes both slots will say they allow [EPG] even though I presume it won't actually allow you to do that. Might want to put a check in for that, somehow, though I am not sure what to suggest to implement that.
    • The [Arc] modifier and the new [Proc] modifier do not give +2.5% cat1 damage to omnis or wide-arc DHCs and the dual-proc weapons. But since they are modifiers that modify the weapon (more firing arc/extra proc), and are treated as normal--if locked--modifiers by this new system, I think they should. I would go as far as to say that any locked modifiers, today and going forward, should act like this so long as that item is capable of being re-engineered.

I found no issues with salvaging or rolling, aside from that two-slot-roll confusion I mentioned.

Next, my suggestions:
    • This system is intuitive enough that I think you can add the reputation, mission and lobi set items that have no mods, and just get one at ultra-rare, to the system just fine. Being able to re-roll their UR and Epic mods would be much appreciated; I know they have the issue of innate mods, and often a pretty random amount of them, but there's no reason they need to be added to the system whole-hog. Just UR and Epic for now would be wonderful.
    • As for warp cores, I know those items need a bit of an update as it is right now, still using old modifier names (GG instead of CtrlX, etc.), but I think they will fit into this just fine. They get 4 mods at common Mk XI, 6/7 mods at uncommon (only a bit more than 4, not so bad), 4 at Very Rare (keeping the special ones like Trajector Jump locked if you add the rep ones), 4 at Ultra-Rare. In fact, it would be a nice excuse to add new modifiers to the warp core system; would be nice to get [EES] and [ESS] in addition to [EAS] and [EWS] at UR. Only the Rare mod is a problem, since while singularity cores have 4 options, warp cores have 11, so the chances are lower. Now that you have mod limits implemented and working, though, you can make the epic modifier share the same limit as the rare warp core ones. This would let Singularity Cores get all twelve [W->S] style mods at epic, while Warp Cores will have the 12 options for both, just no duplicates allowed!
    • You excluded Consoles from the re-engineering system, and as I was looking over them, I am also not sure they will really fit with the system as it is now. Few consoles have mods... it's really just the fleet ones, Dyson rep ones, and the crafted ones. The crafted and Dyson ones all have huge lists of modifiers available though, which would make them impractical to roll. For example, the crafted Conductive RCS and Exotic Particle Field Exciter have 25 possible modifers; who wants to roll a 4% chance of getting a specific mod? The Dyson consoles have fewer, but still too many for this system, which was really geared to the main slots that only have 4 options. So my suggestion is to make it work differently for consoles: just let players pick a new mod from a list and pay for it with a set dil and salvage cost. It would give players who've invested in these consoles to epic quality a real way to adjust their builds, which is the core intent of this system.
    • We need a way to buy salvage for EC from vendors. Right now one of the fastest ways to get salvage is to buy common loot from vendors and salvage it en masse. But that is tedious... which means this will encourage botting. No one likes to know that an automated system others are using is only saving their fingers some ache. Therefore I'd recommend to cut out/off the cheat-encouraging middleman and add an option to buy salvage from ground and space device vendors, just like how you can buy basic tech upgrades for them.
    • Now would be a good time to add the Andorian weapons to the upgrade and re-engineering systems!
    • Might wanna unlock the mods on the Zephram Cochrane Shotgun now that reclaiming it for new mods is less of an issue.
    • Slap an extra mod on the Anti-Borg Prosthetics so they can be re-engineered, now that the rest of the Omega items can be.
    • My last suggestion since this post is too long already: You guys added so many double-mods for Epic with this system... have you considered just making Epic give two mods instead? It might be simpler and more intuitive. The UI can even show a little rarity-colored box around each slot, with the two epic ones being in on gold box. That way instead of Deflectors having so many epic options, they can just roll the two independently.
    It is corporeal.
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    danpmk wrote: »
    My last suggestion since this post is too long already: You guys added so many double-mods for Epic with this system... have you considered just making Epic give two mods instead? It might be simpler and more intuitive. The UI can even show a little rarity-colored box around each slot, with the two epic ones being in on gold box. That way instead of Deflectors having so many epic options, they can just roll the two independently.

If they want to forbid [Dm2], then the two rolls can't be independent, in the statistical sense or the vernacular sense. There has to be code that specifically checks for and disallows two [Dmg] mods.

Here's my comment from today's release notes thread. You guys might want to double-check your math.

TRIBBLE MAINTENANCE AND RELEASE NOTES - 1/16/18
    frtoaster wrote: »
    Altered the way mods are chosen during Re-Engineering such that you will no longer receive the same mod you are currently attempting to change.
    • Since this change has altered the odds of receiving certain Mods, and guarantees always getting something new with each roll, Dilithium and Salvage costs have been adjusted to account for this change:
      • Dilithium base cost (1 slot) has increased by 60% (from 500 to 800).
      • All costs for more than one mod are still based on the same formula:
        • (Base*#Slots)-(1-((#Slots-1)*0.1)) -- Salvage base cost (1 slot) has increased by 33% (from 300 to 400).
      • All costs for more than one mod are still based on the same formula: (Base*#Slots)

This could use some clarification. Does the marginal salvage cost per slot now decrease with the number of slots rolled? Previous testing by players showed that marginal salvage cost, unlike the marginal dilithium cost, remained constant. In other words, the total salvage cost increased linearly with the number of slots. See the table in this post.

https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/7pf2wp/understanding_sto_the_reengineering_system_text/dsgphhp/
    Mods Being ReRolled  Dil    Salvage
                      1    500      350
                      2    900      700
                      3  1,200    1,050
                      4  1,400    1,400
                      5  1,500    1,750

Furthermore, the formula you gave does not match the numbers given in the previous table for the dilithium cost. The actual formula seems to be

Total dilithium cost = 100 * (6*#Slots - #Slots*(#Slots+1)/2)

This formula matches the old numbers. I don't know what the new numbers are or how the formula you gave relates to them.
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • disqord#9557 disqord Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    Fan-friggin-tastic. Listen to the people who don't actually play the game when determining prices, why don't you?

I'm sorry, but paying 1.3x salvage and more importantly 1.6x dilithium so I can reroll from Pha -> Pla -> Pha instead of just Pha -> Pha -> Pha is not a good deal. 500 dilithium was the perfect cost to make sure the system was as accessible as upgrading to ALL players of ALL kinds, not just the (no-)lifers who abandoned the actual gameplay in favour of spending hundreds of hours a week doing nothing but MINING.

You want the prices to be jacked up to unaffordable levels? Fine! Then make it so we can't ever reroll into a mod that we've already had before, or better yet: Let us choose the mods, like people have been ASKING FOR FOR YEARS. Otherwise, buzz off.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Here's a thought. When you fill up a line upgrading you automatically proceed to the next Mark Level and get a small chance to improve Quality. When you get to Mk XIV and fill up a line you automatically proceed to the next Quality each time you fill up the line.

Now you can charge 800 Dilitium for a reroll. ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    edited January 2018
    The formula in the patch notes is wrong. See the correction below.

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/comment/13316240/#Comment_13316240
    Altered the way mods are chosen during Re-Engineering such that you will no longer receive the same mod you are currently attempting to change.
    • Since this change has altered the odds of receiving certain Mods, and guarantees always getting something new with each roll, Dilithium and Salvage costs have been adjusted to account for this change:
        • (Base*#Slots)-(1-((#Slots-1)*0.1)) -- Salvage base cost (1 slot) has increased by 33% (from 300 to 400).
      • All costs for more than one mod are still based on the same formula: (Base*#Slots)

OK, I've figured out how to debug the patch notes. First of all, you have a formatting error: several bullet points are in the wrong place.

• (Base*#Slots)-(1-((#Slots-1)*0.1))
      • Salvage base cost (1 slot) has increased by 33% (from 300 to 400).

I've reformatted the relevant portion of the text in red. This makes it clear that the formula for the salvage cost is

SalvageCost = Base*#Slots

Second, the formula you gave for the dilithium cost is wrong: one of the minus signs should be a multiplication sign. What you probably intended to write was

DilCost = (Base*#Slots)*(1-((#Slots-1)*0.1))
    Post edited by frtoaster on
    qVpg1km.png
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    Fan-friggin-tastic. Listen to the people who don't actually play the game when determining prices, why don't you?

I'm sorry, but paying 1.3x salvage and more importantly 1.6x dilithium so I can reroll from Pha -> Pla -> Pha instead of just Pha -> Pha -> Pha is not a good deal. 500 dilithium was the perfect cost to make sure the system was as accessible as upgrading to ALL players of ALL kinds, not just the (no-)lifers who abandoned the actual gameplay in favour of spending hundreds of hours a week doing nothing but MINING.

You want the prices to be jacked up to unaffordable levels? Fine! Then make it so we can't ever reroll into a mod that we've already had before, or better yet: Let us choose the mods, like people have been ASKING FOR FOR YEARS. Otherwise, buzz off.

The prices have been jacked up to the upper end of the stated goal, which was to be as efficient, or even a little more efficient, than the current craft Mk IIs to get the mods that you want at VR, then upgrade to get the UR mod and start over if you don't get the one that you want. On Holodeck right now, you can reliably do that for about 2500 dilithium, thanks to the Phoenix Upgrades*. The maximum cost for a roll now is 2400 dilithium, and you get a free shot at changing the Epic, which is impossible to do on Holodeck.

*This is assuming the cheapest scenario, buying the Phoenix Prize Packs in batches of 10 for 40,000 dilithium, for a cost of 4,000 per Phoenix Prize Pack, and also assuming a final haul from those 10 Phoenix Prize Packs that is probably a little better than the equivalent of 15 Uncommon tokens. The actual number at 15 is approximately 2,667 dilithium per Phoenix upgrade, but I'm assuming that you would actually get a little more than 15 Uncommon tokens on average when you break everything else down.
    ltminns wrote: »
    Here's a thought. When you fill up a line upgrading you automatically proceed to the next Mark Level and get a small chance to improve Quality. When you get to Mk XIV and fill up a line you automatically proceed to the next Quality each time you fill up the line.

Now you can charge 800 Dilitium for a reroll. ;)

So, we're at bargaining now? When does acceptance happen?

Look, I'm actually not a fan of random mods on any gear. It stinks, and it always will. It's also what we have already, and it certainly wasn't going to change for this. If it did, nobody would ever upgrade anything again unless the cost for re-engineering to your exact desired mods was at least 10,000 xp, and that's only if there wasn't an Epic mod re-roll in there, based on the numbers above.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,698 Community Moderator
    After playing with the system a bit more as of the 1/16 patch there's a few more things I will add to my feedback.

1: Lockbox items rolling
    Being able to roll my Phased Tetryons and similar items now opens up some very huge possibilities for builds and such now that I can finally roll them. Have to admit I wasn't expecting this one for awhile down the road so big props to the dev team for this one. Hopefully Spiral Wave Disruptors aren't far behind to the systems.

2: tooltip showing salvage value of items
    I mentioned this one before but I hope this one makes it before the system gets rolled to holodeck. being able to see the salvage value of an item can help folks determine if they want to break down an item or not. If nothing else it's a convenience that would be great to have.

3: Consoles rolling
    I know the devs had said they didn't want consoles rolling and there are certain ones I absolutely agree shouldn't roll. However after playing with the system a bit, I believe we should be able to roll some of the consoles. Consoles you get from the fleet such as Vulnerability Locators/Exploiters, Restorative Particle Focusers from the Krenim Lab, and other such fleet consoles could have their mods locked and should. Crafted consoles such as the Conductive RCS and similar items being able to roll their mods would be a big help. This one is more of a request than something I think should be an absolute as I can understand why the dev team might not want them to roll. At the same time I would rather drop the dilithium and such to re-roll the mod than pay 200m+ ec for a conductive rcs with EPS on it, or pay 100m+ for one with ResAll in my case.

So far overall I like what I like what I'm seeing and that's just a few things I see so far.

As for items I do have a question. Was the Kinetic Cutting Beam removed from the list of items that can re-roll some of its mods, or is this not intentional? I can still roll a few other items like the Advanced Thoron Infused Polaron Beam Array so just curious. If you guys already answered that question elsewhere then my bad. Keep up the good work guys, I look forward to playing with this on holodeck.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • mjarbarmjarbar Member Posts: 2,084 Arc User
    After playing with the updated patch today (19/01/2018) build #ST82.20180111a.4 I found that the same item with different mods was giving different amounts of salvage. Is this correct?

I found from salvaging AP beams mk2 at very rare I got:

[Acc]x3 = 53 (S)alvage
    [Acc] [CrtD] [Dmg] = 49s
    [Acc] [CrtH] [Thrust] = 60s
    [Acc] [CrtH] [Snare] = 43s
    [CrtD] [CrtH] [Dmg] = 41s

The differences don't seem much at mk2 levels but if this carries over to the mk12/13/14 gear using the same formula then I can imagine the differences being larger.
    hZbIdbh.jpg
    THANK YOU FOUNDRY - YOUR CONTENT GAVE ME MANY HAPPY HOURS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • hiep16hiep16 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    mjarbar wrote: »
    After playing with the updated patch today (19/01/2018) build #ST82.20180111a.4 I found that the same item with different mods was giving different amounts of salvage. Is this correct?

I found from salvaging AP beams mk2 at very rare I got:

[Acc]x3 = 53 (S)alvage
    [Acc] [CrtD] [Dmg] = 49s
    [Acc] [CrtH] [Thrust] = 60s
    [Acc] [CrtH] [Snare] = 43s
    [CrtD] [CrtH] [Dmg] = 41s

The differences don't seem much at mk2 levels but if this carries over to the mk12/13/14 gear using the same formula then I can imagine the differences being larger.

True I see it too, but have no number. When I remember rightly...that a epic weapon MK XIV space weapon (2100 s) give more than another epic MK XIV space weapon (1900 s). I will test this it more now so that I can poste pictures :D
  • hiep16hiep16 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    All weapons here are epic MK XIV Antiproton Beam Arrays:
    [Ac/Dm] [Acc] [CrtD]x2 [Pen]: 3032 Salvage(S)
    [Ac/Dm] [Acc] [CrtD] [Dmg] [Snare]: 2711 S
    [Ac/Dm] [Acc] [CrtD]x2 [CrtH]: 2887 S

Another Example: Regenerative Shields Mk XIV Epic
    [Cap]x2 [Cp/Rg] [Heal] [Pha]: 2860 S
    [Cap] [Cp/Rg] [Dis] [Heal] [Pla]: 2970 S

Now I take a look to groundweapons(Antiproton Blast Assault Mk XIV Epic)
    [CrtD]x2 [CrtH]x2 [Dm/CrH]: 2512 S
    [CrtD] [CrtH] [Dm/CrH] [Dmg] [KB3]: 3064 S

Personal Shields(Ground Mk 14 epic):
    [Cap2] [Cap] [Dis] [Pla] [Reg]: 2610 S
    [Cap2] [Cap]x3 [Dis]: 3410 S
    [Cap2] [Cap]x4: 3146 S
    After my results which I posed here that it true :disappointed:
    Another point: warp cores/singularity cores can't be still re-engineered. It would be good if you can them re-engineered too like the Impulse Engines :)
  • mjarbarmjarbar Member Posts: 2,084 Arc User
    So I was right about the differences being larger at higher marks and rarity, I'm not sure if this is a good thing or not...
    hZbIdbh.jpg
    THANK YOU FOUNDRY - YOUR CONTENT GAVE ME MANY HAPPY HOURS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,478 Arc User
    hiep16 wrote: »
    All weapons here are epic MK XIV Antiproton Beam Arrays:
    [Ac/Dm] [Acc] [CrtD]x2 [Pen]: 3032 Salvage(S)
    [Ac/Dm] [Acc] [CrtD] [Dmg] [Snare]: 2711 S
    [Ac/Dm] [Acc] [CrtD]x2 [CrtH]: 2887 S

Another Example: Regenerative Shields Mk XIV Epic
    [Cap]x2 [Cp/Rg] [Heal] [Pha]: 2860 S
    [Cap] [Cp/Rg] [Dis] [Heal] [Pla]: 2970 S

Now I take a look to groundweapons(Antiproton Blast Assault Mk XIV Epic)
    [CrtD]x2 [CrtH]x2 [Dm/CrH]: 2512 S
    [CrtD] [CrtH] [Dm/CrH] [Dmg] [KB3]: 3064 S

Personal Shields(Ground Mk 14 epic):
    [Cap2] [Cap] [Dis] [Pla] [Reg]: 2610 S
    [Cap2] [Cap]x3 [Dis]: 3410 S
    [Cap2] [Cap]x4: 3146 S
    After my results which I posed here that it true :disappointed:
    Another point: warp cores/singularity cores can't be still re-engineered. It would be good if you can them re-engineered too like the Impulse Engines :)

Warp cores have alot more modifiers, and different types of modifiers compared to weapons. They would be alot more complex to design a re-engineering system for. Better they get weapons nutted out, before trying something else. Also, they need to be careful to ensure if they did allow re-engineering for warp cores, you couldn't re-engineer the core into an exact copy of another. That would do more harm than good
    pjxgwS8.jpg
    I still can't understand the possible driving force behind some people practically BEGGING to pay more for the same thing. A 60% increase in price is absolutely NOT a 60% increase in chances to get the mod you want.
  • borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer

We added a 20% +/- variance to the amount of Salvage obtained from items. This should have been in the patch notes, and I apologize if it was not.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User
    so items don't give static salvage values anymore, even if you salvage the exact same one twice in a row?​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
    so items don't give static salvage values anymore, even if you salvage the exact same one twice in a row?​​

Correct. You will now receive anywhere between 80% and 120% of the previously un-changing values.
    Jeremy Randall
    "Play smart!"
  • speedystrekspeedystrek Member Posts: 41 Arc User

Correct. You will now receive anywhere between 80% and 120% of the previously un-changing values.

Great, even with the salvage it is a lottery now.... sorry but I don't get Cryptic's obsession to put lottery in everything.
    Don't you see that players don't like it?
    7mf4rl12.png
  • entnx01entnx01 Member Posts: 545 Arc User

What was the problem with static salvage values that required an RNG component to what you could get from them?
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User

I like this feature. It adds a nice random element to salvaging and makes it "feel" realistic. I mean, if I went to salvage a scrap of metal, wouldn't some of it be beyond saving if say it were too corroded? Now this element of randomness is added to the game!
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • necriemoonnecriemoon Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    Honestly, I was already disappointed with the change to the Dilithium and material costs for no longer having the chance to re-roll the same mod. As others have pointed out, its pointless to raise the cost since after your initial roll, if you get another modifier you didn't want, you still have a chance of re-rolling the original mod you didn't want as well. Saying that the increase in cost offsets the chance not to get the mod the weapon currently has is a false equivalency. It makes sense at first, until you realize you can get that same mod again if the first roll doesn't go your way. The only time that change benefits players is when the first roll gets them a mod they want.

Further, while some items that have 4 mods to choose from (Acc, CrtD, CrtH, and DMG for example), others have much more. One such item would be the ship shield mod slots which have 8 mods to choose from, and one slot has 14 potential mods it can roll (though some look like they might be the same mod); personal shields have around 10 different options for almost all slots besides the epic slot. With items like this, a 300 Dil price hike feels punitive and unfair, as they will likely take many, many re-rolls to get what you're after.

Considering also with the change to the re-roll cost in Dilithium alone, we went from being able to re-roll 16 times a day, assuming you can supply the salvage, down to 10, loosing a third of your re-roll opportunities if you're refining 8000 Dil a day. This isn't a big deal for those with Dil to burn, but for newer players and/or characters, that's a huge loss in daily opportunities to modify your gear.

Finally, randomizing the salvage? Really? Why? Prices aren't randomized +- 20% when we sell items to vendors. Why should the salvage we get be randomized as well?
    Oh cool, MORE randomness. That's what we needed. First you give us the utterly brilliant change of a POTENTIAL 33% (But more commonly much, much lower than that) better chance to get what we want for only a 60% cost increase, but now the values on the tooltip for any given weapon WON'T EVEN TELL YOU THE CORRECT AMOUNT OF SALVAGE YOU GET FROM THE ITEM. I don't think I can describe just how much "pride and accomplishment" I will feel for tossing money straight into my warp core in the hopes of getting something worth at least 10% of my inputs. I sure do enjoy all of these changes to a system that was totally already functional and balanced on initial release.
    [/Sarcasm]

Legitimate question: Why are you so absolutely determined to ruin what was a good system by increasing the price almost everyone agreed was perfect?
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    I still say that prices should go up especially on dilithium.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • herrgis#1415 herrgis Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    Making salvage account bound, rather than character bound should be considered. Or perhaps have all salvage go into a central pool accessible by all characters on an account.

I don't craft on all my Captains, but I do get salvageable items as I play them. It would be helpful if I could move salvage like I can move dil and ec between captains. Right now, if I have a need to craft on a Captain, I would need to move 'junk' items to that Captain and then salvage them.

Looking forward, I'd probably have a lot of surplus salvage on Captains that may not have a use for it all, or be short on a Captain undertaking a lot of reengineering. The ability to move salvage between captains, or have all captains on an account access a central salvage pool would be beneficial.

Thanks.
    You need to think of Star Trek Online as a marathon, not a sprint. Senlac t'Karveth
    Sometimes the Universe allows for the making of unexpected memories. Philippa Georgiou
    No matter your shame, gather your strength. Find a way to help those in need. Sarek of Vulcan
    We added a 20% +/- variance to the amount of Salvage obtained from items. This should have been in the patch notes, and I apologize if it was not.

Just a quick question: What is the distribution of the amount salvage you get? Is it a uniform distribution on the interval [0.8*b, 1.2*b], where b is the base amount of salvage for the item?
    qVpg1km.png
    Just a quick question: What is the distribution of the amount salvage you get? Is it a uniform distribution on the interval [0.8*b, 1.2*b], where b is the base amount of salvage for the item?

You're asking if there's any sort of weighting at play in this variance? There is not. It should be completely randomized, never favoring one end of the scale or the other.
    Jeremy Randall
    "Play smart!"
  • dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    Has the dev team given any thought to using a similar setup for rerolling bridge officer traits? I'm sure under the hood the data is set up very differently, but the general concept of being able to unlock traits and roll for different ones would be great. I don't think I've ever been 100% satisfied with boff traits.

You're asking if there's any sort of weighting at play in this variance? There is not. It should be completely randomized, never favoring one end of the scale or the other.

Yes, I was asking whether you assign higher probability to some values than others. Sometimes, I think I speak a different language than you guys. (To me, "variance" means something different.)
    qVpg1km.png
    Is there a reason why consumables aren't salvageable? It's not a huge deal, but I do have stacks of batteries in my inventories and banks that I don't do anything with. In my experience, consumables are one of the most common loot drops.
    qVpg1km.png