test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] The Discovery Lock Box!

Comments

• alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    Was it so hard when they made the Kelvin Dreadnought cruiser, D4x, and at the same time invented the non-canon T'Laru to fill in something actually Romulan?
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • sunseahlsunseahl Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    Was it so hard when they made the Kelvin Dreadnought cruiser, D4x, and at the same time invented the non-canon T'Laru to fill in something actually Romulan?

Sadly I think there /IS/ a Romulan ship design in their hands... i just think they're not allowed to USE it... yet.

The writers/directors/staff of discovery have said repeatedly, "No Romulans in Season 1."
    Member of the "Disenchanted"
    We don't want what the Feds have. We want the equivalent. We want fairer treatment. Concern, desire, greed to some extent, and passionate belief that the enough people would buy KDF items to make it worth Cryptic's while.
  • khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User
    I want them all
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    So, "most massive and powerful Intelligence vessel ever offered"

"light-cruiser"

T'Laru carrier says hi as it blots out the sun.

Ehh...what worries me more is these 23rd century ships are going to be more powerful than 25th century ships.
    How does honoured dead work as a trait when we don't have crew anymore?

Just wondering...

I'd like to know how corpses are supposed to have any protective effects against space weapons :p
    edited January 2018
    lianthelia wrote: »

Ehh...what worries me more is these 23rd century ships are going to be more powerful than 25th century ships.

Welcome to STO. Its been happening since years ago, mate. If you are worried about that, probably you didnt play the game in these past 4 years? lol.

Most powerful intelligence ship ever...considering major intelligence ships weren't even developed till the 25th century? Thing will probably have cloak...which is a big no-no...Klingon ship shouldn't even have cloak but it does.

TRIBBLE just tossing canon out the window.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    they aren't 23rd century ships...they're 25th century ships using 23rd century hull designs​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
    edited January 2018
    they aren't 23rd century ships...they're 25th century ships using 23rd century hull designs​​

So the Ferengi just decided to start building 23rd century Federation vessels? Just like they decided to build 23rd century Kelvin timeline ships? Or 29th Century ships?

I guess they also designed their own spore drives which we've never heard of hundreds of years into the future?
    what the hell are you even talking about? the lobi consortium has NOTHING to do with these ships or technologies - they don't get mentioned in the blog at all​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    what the hell are you even talking about? the lobi consortium has NOTHING to do with these ships or technologies - they don't get mentioned in the blog at all​​

Gee yeah...because there are so many vendors from so many different factions that accept and sell ships for lobi crystals :D
  • ash352ash352 Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited January 2018

Welcome to STO. Its been happening since years ago, mate. If you are worried about that, probably you didnt play the game in these past 4 years? lol.

Most powerful intelligence ship ever...considering major intelligence ships weren't even developed till the 25th century? Thing will probably have cloak...which is a big no-no...Klingon ship shouldn't even have cloak but it does.

The Ship of the Dead is shown in the show to be the first Klingon ship with cloaking tech that the rest are then equipped with following research of it. It doesn't state if the cloak is from the Rom's or not, just that it has it. So no, STO isn't tossing canon out the window. They're just following what was shown on screen in the case of the Klingon ship.
    ash352 wrote: »

The Ship of the Dead is shown in the show to be the first Klingon ship with cloaking tech that the rest are then equipped with following research of it. It doesn't state if the cloak is from the Rom's or not, just that it has it. So no, STO isn't tossing canon out the window. They're just following what was shown on screen in the case of the Klingon ship.

I never said STO was...I said TRIBBLE as in Star Trek Discovery.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    At least the only good looking ship of the bunch is Lobi rather than lockbox. I already have all the ships I want though, so the only thing I might be interested in is the space phasers, need to see the animation and hear the sound effect first though.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • redvengeredvenge Member Posts: 1,425 Arc User
    You'll have to take your issue up with CBS and the writing team of TRIBBLE.

They set the time period before Kirk and Spock. The writers implied they want to respect the cannon so that there won't be any Romulans on TRIBBLE. With the Anniversary Event coming up, there should be a new "cross faction bundle". Isn't it better to have ships in the C-store than in a chance-box?
  • jordan3550jordan3550 Member Posts: 328 Arc User
    Love the space weapons I’ll be having a load of those roll on Tuesday
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    5zBMHXO.gif

You did it. You actually did it. You made a Lobi ship I actually, really, 100% legitimately kind of want.

Also, CROSS-FIELD CROSS-FIELD CROSS-FIELD WOOO

I guess this settles it, when I get around to rolling my last TOS toon, they'll be DSC-themed. Question is, do I splurge on the Crossfield, or settle on the Walker? Hmm...
  • christopher082christopher082 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    QNxkKGV.png
  • hunterpdx1hunterpdx1 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    eazzie wrote: »
    swamarian wrote: »
    I've been enjoying Discovery, other than the Klingon makeup/prosthetics.
    I really wish that the ship had been in the C store, rather than a lockbox, because I rarely open the boxes. I was also hoping for a "Disco" T Shirt at some point.

I agree. Ships should be C Store available.

Yep!
    Okay I'm spitballing names for my Crossfield/Walker, what do you think:

U.S.S. Nerd Tears
    U.S.S. Canonfire
    U.S.S. Cry Harder
    U.S.S. Magic Mushrooms
    U.S.S. REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    how about U.S.S. The STO art team deserves a major payraise for making the abomination known as the Crossfield look GOOD​​

#LegalizeAwoo

how about U.S.S. The STO art team deserves a major payraise for making the abomination known as the Crossfield look GOOD​​

Well it was never an abomination, so that's not really surprising.
  • hunterpdx1hunterpdx1 Member Posts: 30 Arc User

I think of it more as CBS grabbing canon as it walks by the window, dragging it inside, pummeling it to death with a spore drive and stuffing the body into the mycelium network.
  • shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    I want more of the Fed ships from the Battle of the Binary Stars
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    sunseahl wrote: »
    27152722_10213536697966299_349150790_n.png?oh=0adac6eddb6a02e5e3dfc2272841d871&oe=5A64FFC9

So cryptic is breaking the T5+ lockout for Romulans on these ships.... Don't hold any hope they'll make that retroactive, folks.

Chalk it up to 'lazy'? They'd have to design a Romulan TRIBBLE-ish ship if they didn't.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    This stuff looks all pretty interesting. I wasn't expecting it this soon.

Going by the ZEFilms video (great work as usual!), the Crossfield variant will actually have a modeled bridge in the exterior. The level of detail ship models are getting these days is pretty impressive.
    The Walker Class apparently doesn't have that, though.

(Link to Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJAIWYCTANk)

It seems the Crossfield will have Intel seats (going by its traits), which seems reasonably appropriate, though Miracle Worker might also fit (since it's basically using miracle tech).

So if I do videos to push the game, can I get free ships too?
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    jcsww wrote: »
    Will these ships have unique bridges and will they have their MU skin options included?

This!
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!