test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Which of these Discovery ships do you want in game?

13»

Comments

• seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    I promised myself i wouldn't get another fed ship but god i do love the Walker class so much.
    it being a lobi ship however does mean it will cost me a arm and a leg.

No, we got lucky that the Walker is the Lobi version.. that means you can just buy it from the exchange.

The Lock Box Grand Prize ship will probably start at around 1B, but the Walker should be right around that 300M Mark, not bad at all. I was quite happy as I actually want this one more then the 'Grand Prize' ship.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @asuran14 said:
    > I actually like the Walker class light exploration cruiser, and the Sarcophagus atleast in design, do wish we would have a Romulan design in the lockbox, as well as having a Kdf/Romulan design in the lobi store. I can understand that they did not have much info on romulan ships yet in the Discovery show era.

The Discovery writers said that Romulans are off limits for them, there may be wiggle room for them down the road, but I'd hazard that if a Starfleet officer sees a Romulan on Discovery they won't know its a Romulan. Much like nobody knew that there were several Romulan infiltrators on Vulcan in the 22nd Century. So long as the individual or crew is not connected to the Romulans by the Starfleet crew it preserves no one in Starfleet knowing what a Romulan looked like until Kirk. After all Archer looked at least 1 Romulan in the face.

Well that makes alot of sense then, though at this time they might have still been using slightly altered Vulcan designs.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Normal Lockbox Ships don't go for 1 Billion EC except maybe by those Ferengi sellers on the first few days. They will eventually settle down in the 350 to 440 range (until the next to next Infinity.

Remember this is not an R&D Promotion.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • ferroequusferroequus Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Check out the designs here for reference:

http://www.startrek.com/article/first-look-eaglemosss-newest-ships

Which ones do you want?

The Orville!

:)

• vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    ferroequus wrote: »

Which ones do you want?

The Orville!

:)

Orville though is not covered by Star Trek at all. That's an entirely different franchise, not to mention your post is off topic.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    Normal Lockbox Ships don't go for 1 Billion EC except maybe by those Ferengi sellers on the first few days. They will eventually settle down in the 350 to 440 range (until the next to next Infinity.

Remember this is not an R&D Promotion.

The highest prices are always day 1, people list things for astronomical amounts to judge the value. Captains that buy lock box ships on the first day generally over pay by quite a bit. My point was that having the Shenzhou as a 'consolation prize' is good for the price. Grand Prize ships that are valued do not drop to the range you listed, that's closer to what Lobi ships like the Vengeance and Astiaka go for. If a grand prize ship drops to 350M it's a ship no one wants.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • thenoobcamperthenoobcamper Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    Son'a at 170M, Miradorn at 289M. Even the 23rd Century T6 is at 440M. The ONLY ship I remember seeing go over 1B was the T6 TOS Connie out of the research packs.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    300 mil is about the average for a T6 lockbox ship that's been out for a while.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • wufangchuwufangchu Member Posts: 778 Arc User
    I'll take the mutilated Ares. At least theres a tiny bit of Axanar left in it..
    wraith_zps7pzgamff.jpg
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    Son'a at 170M, Miradorn at 289M. Even the 23rd Century T6 is at 440M. The ONLY ship I remember seeing go over 1B was the T6 TOS Connie out of the research packs.
    23rd century T6 Dread multipack is an outdated pack. The ships that drop from it are at least 120M cheaper.
    rattler2 wrote: »
    300 mil is about the average for a T6 lockbox ship that's been out for a while.
    ^
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    Since the Sarcophagus is a carrier it would be fun if they gave the ship hanger-pets that have abit of a sarcophagus or coffin design style. I am looking forward to seeing what kind of hanger-pet we see them push out on this carrier, hoping for a pair of hanger pets with one being cannon oriented an the other being beam oriented.
  • vampeiyrevampeiyre Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    asuran14 wrote: »
    Since the Sarcophagus is a carrier it would be fun if they gave the ship hanger-pets that have abit of a sarcophagus or coffin design style. I am looking forward to seeing what kind of hanger-pet we see them push out on this carrier, hoping for a pair of hanger pets with one being cannon oriented an the other being beam oriented.

Looks like you're going to be happy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJAIWYCTANk&feature=youtu.be
    "I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am."
  • soullessraptorsoullessraptor Member Posts: 353 Arc User
    Honestly, I would love to see the Klingon BOP released as a Romulan design down the road.
  • wufangchuwufangchu Member Posts: 778 Arc User
    > @wufangchu said:
    > I'll take the mutilated Ares. At least theres a tiny bit of Axanar left in it..

Can't have something left in it that was never in it to begin with.

The Shinzou is a butchered Ares young sir, and a direct rip off of the axanar property.

wraith_zps7pzgamff.jpg
  • redeyedravenredeyedraven Member Posts: 1,297 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    wufangchu wrote: »
    > @wufangchu said:
    > I'll take the mutilated Ares. At least theres a tiny bit of Axanar left in it..

The Shinzou is a butchered Ares young sir, and a direct rip off of the axanar property.

There is no Axanar-"property". It was fan-fic based on CBS's property and not vice-versa.

And if you like the Ares so much and happen to like Sins of a Solar Empire, Stellar Parallax got you covered once they get to release AotF.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/ages-of-the-federation/news/introducing-the-ares-class
  • gothkid1972gothkid1972 Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    > @wufangchu said:

There is no Axanar-"property". It was fan-fic based on CBS's property and not vice-versa.

And if you like the Ares so much and happen to like Sins of a Solar Empire, Stellar Parallax got you covered once they get to release AotF.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/ages-of-the-federation/news/introducing-the-ares-class

Actually your wrong, it was not a Fan-Fic ship, it was an: Anton Class Cruiser from FASA's Star Trek RPG...look it up.

(Vulgar/Offensive language moderated out. - BMR)

QNxkKGV.png
  • redeyedravenredeyedraven Member Posts: 1,297 Arc User
    > @wufangchu said:

Actually your wrong, it was not a Fan-Fic ship, it was an: Anton Class Cruiser from FASA's Star Trek RPG...look it up.

Axanar was fan-fic based on Star Trek... That was my message. About the Ares I only said it's gonna be in the AotF-mod for SoaSE. I'm familiar with both SFB and FASA :)
  • michaelsdstmichaelsdst Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    None (both are ugly, sorry).
    GIVE US THE TYPHOON! Enough said...
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    I 'want' none of them in the game. (says the hypocrite now flying around in a Walker-class ship) :D
  • commanderkassycommanderkassy Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User

Which ones do you want?

Cardenas-class is awesome.
    ♪ I'm going around not in circles but in spirographs.
    It's pretty much this hard to keep just one timeline intact. ♪
  • spacecatz#6038 spacecatz Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    Secondly the Shenzou was designed indepedently by a team that was flatly forbidden to even look at Axanar, which was (rightly) being sued by CBS & Paramount.
    B***s***, it was not rightly being sued at all.

• ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,449 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    Cardenas-class for a thousand, Alex!

I prefer the KDF side, but none of the ships on that page appeal to me.
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    I wouldn't mind getting my hands on the ISS Charon myself
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    229qi8.jpg

One day, your forum defenses will fall... and in that day... what flowers do you like? :smiley:
    The forces of darkness are upon us!