test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Today's endeavor

theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
Done two matches and lost due to one-sided massacres and spawn campers and no endeavor
NMXb2ph.png
    "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
    -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    Post edited by theraven2378 on

Comments

• berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,450 Arc User
      find a fleetmate to run a private pvp with.
      "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
    • killer1986chriskiller1986chris Member Posts: 382 Arc User
      As a proud Canadian I find the derogatory use of the term seal clubbing to be offensive.
    • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
      A do apologize, I should be more PC
      NMXb2ph.png
        "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      • killer1986chriskiller1986chris Member Posts: 382 Arc User
        You just don't want to meet the wrath of my army of geese, I'm on to you.
      • orangenee#2931 orangenee Member Posts: 837 Arc User
        You just don't want to meet the wrath of my army of geese, I'm on to you.

Canadian geese are no joke.

As for this endeavour, I endeavoured not to participate. I can live without a load of junk for a day or so.
        Sounds like a plan to be honest
        NMXb2ph.png
          PVP has never been my strongpoint, something I do admit so I'm sitting this one out.
          NMXb2ph.png
          • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
            I can handle a loss... if its a fair fight. But as I'm not a PvPer who goes uber metabuild...

Yeeeaaa... I'm not likely to find a fair fight in an open or PUG PvP. I'll just stick with a private with fleetmates who are more of an even match.
            db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
            I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
            The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
          • orangenee#2931 orangenee Member Posts: 837 Arc User
            Oh I'm used to losing at most things PvP, aside from Dark Souls. I like my endeavours easy, commensurate to the rewards offered.

I wouldn't even know where to start at a PvP build with this game.

It's not a fun one for non-PVPers
            NMXb2ph.png
            • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
              I didn't do this one the last time it came around, and I won't be doing it this time either. I have absolutely no interest in PvP, and I would likely get my a** kicked if I attempted it.
              bergins wrote: »
              find a fleetmate to run a private pvp with.

Turns out this guy has the right idea. Private works just as well as public.
              db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
              I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
              The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
            • lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,403 Arc User
              Yeah, I avoid this one like the plague... Eff PVP cancer.
              1e3sni150tar.jpg
            • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
              If it's been around before, if it's the same one I'm thinking, then I tried it before and I didn't have fun at all. So I'm kinda glad this laptop won't let me play protracted, so sitting it out too.
              Now a LTS and loving it.
              Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
              I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
            • slifox#0768 slifox Member Posts: 379 Arc User
              I just finished a match. There was one that was obviously a PvP vet. He was holding up his entire team. Once he left, everyone else collapsed. I had fun even though I blew up multiple times. Definitely gets the adrenaline pumping.
            • pwstolemynamepwstolemyname Member Posts: 1,417 Arc User
              edited January 2018
              I like PVP. Its broken as all heck, but I like it. Todays endeavor was just sad though. I joined up with randoms against randoms and it was a one sided masacre. I am sure the guys i was up against didn't have any more fun being instantly destroyed then I had instantly destroying them.

I would like to echo the famous Dalek who said; 'This is not war. This is pest control.' Its not fun. I mean its not even an ego boost. Its definitely not PVP.
            • platewearingbirdplatewearingbird Member Posts: 455 Arc User
              Well I mean you just have to participate, right? Not actually win?
            • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
              Yes, I believe you just have to participate. Still, I do not like being vaped again and again and again. I'll skip whatever I would have gotten out of this one. It was no fun at all last time I tried it.
              Now a LTS and loving it.
              Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
              I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
            • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
              edited January 2018
              Since when did 'participate' mean 'win'? Thanks for wasting my time Cryptic with your inability to use language correctly. I love getting ganked 4-5 times instantly and get no reward. (Yes I did PLAY the match, but I suck at PvP and my toon is not set up for pvp.) So glad to give STO's small PvP elites a easy win... the equivalent of clubbing comatose baby seals.

* I find it offensive that an above poster feels that only Canadians get to club baby seals. Anyone should be able to!
            • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
              You mean seal clubbing doesn't involve a loud baseline and groups of furries going little fish, big fish, cardboard box?

As with so many others the mission text wasn't proof read by someone that knew what was actually required.

What it should say is you must be on the winning side in a pvp match so are unlikely to get the endeavour done unless you premake a private match either with others in the same boat or by utilising a secondary account because expecting someone to respawn a dozen times after you've done the same for them isn't always going to work.
            • bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
              I was very happy that someone in the reddit channel was asking who still hadn't done the endeavor, then sending us all a PvP request. They then put everyone except themselves into the other team, started the match and let us all just kill them for the endeavor. I was so glad to see someone doing this that I may just do it some myself.​​
              signature.png
              We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
            • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
              bloodyriz wrote: »
              I was very happy that someone in the reddit channel was asking who still hadn't done the endeavor, then sending us all a PvP request. They then put everyone except themselves into the other team, started the match and let us all just kill them for the endeavor. I was so glad to see someone doing this that I may just do it some myself.​​

That's kind of them (and possibly you) to fix Cryptic's blunder.

Note to Cryptic: if you're going to require us to WIN 2 PVP matches please SAY SO.

Its actually just 1.
            • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
              rattler2 wrote: »
              I can handle a loss... if its a fair fight. But as I'm not a PvPer who goes uber metabuild...
              This very much, some of my best time in WoW or STO were in fair PvP fights, but regardless of game if the odds are stacked in favor of one side or another to such amount that there's practically no wait for the otherside to win. That's not fun for either side in the long run, it just makes the ones that lost bitter and makes them hate PvP as a concept, also winners get bored as there's no challenge. That's IMHO what has more or less killed STO PvP.
            • shinku#4469 shinku Member Posts: 164 Arc User
              can't be bothered this time.
              lucky_star_trek_by_primantis-d389ufa.jpg
            • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,762 Arc User
              edited January 2018
              A PVPer face when he sees my ship build.
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RKWB-5Q4FE
              f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
              Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
            • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,754 Arc User
              Killing Nimbus ships and holographic spawns should count as victories.
              [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.