test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What Do You Think? The Endeavor System

123457»

Comments

• zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,762 Arc User
    Well, here's another End. Sys. thing I won't be doing. :/

But that's okay and it's only happened one other time. :)
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
    Endeavour is bound to ask us to complete a Foundry mission again in the future and the foundry may again be down ( it happens ), so I'd like to suggest removing that task from the Endeavour list of random missions/tasks. Maybe replace it with something like Repeat ANY mission.

Just a thought. :)
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    nah, it'd be better if they checked each time..
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    Whoops! Forgot to set the PVE level to Advanced. :/
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,238 Community Moderator
    edited December 2017
    I swear, I'm going to make a meme just for you, Zed! Always coming in at the last minute to reactivate a thread before it can necro. LOL :D
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    He's being environmentally conscious. No point in increasing the electronic footprint if it could be avoided.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • caltaircaltair Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    The new Endeavor System, hitting PC at 9am PST today, allows Captains to engage in new activities for rewards every few days!

Let us know what you think here!

I enjoy the Endeavor System for what it is. An invitation to play largely forgotten or less well trodden areas of the game. Without the Endeavor System I have no reason to return to Nimbus III, for example, and it is a functional way to convince players to revisit old sites or find something different to do. Another example, I never do the New Romulus Red Alerts nor really knew anything about them - Endeavor required me to learn how they worked and play one.

However, I don't think Endeavor is capable of stimulating greater player interaction once the actual Endeavor mission is over. I still have no reason to ever return to Nimbus III - unless another Endeavor mission sends me there - and the same goes for the New Romulus Red Alerts. Endeavor does nothing to encourage long term gameplay in any specific area that was already forgettable.

I would also suggest making the Endeavor missions a daily occurrence, rather than every 2-3 days. The reward, as is, is rather sizable for newer or more casual players who dislike grinding, but not sizable enough to get too much attention from more enthusiastic players who already have tons of EC and Dilithium. I think making it a daily mission would be more encouraging to players who feel bored clicking Admiralty missions and repeating the same few missions that are more directly important late game.
    liCO4Xm.jpg
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    I keep getting 50k ec along with a few basic white r&d resources and maybe a 50 marks package, endeavor rewards have been very lousy for me the majority of the time.
    The awards seem to have gone a bit downhill from when they first debuted.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    avoozuul wrote: »
    I keep getting 50k ec along with a few basic white r&d resources and maybe a 50 marks package, endeavor rewards have been very lousy for me the majority of the time.

Really? I keep getting 150-250k EC, 1000-2000 Dilithium + some r&d resources and an occasional 50 marks package.
    What are the rules on rewards? Are they different for everyone?

liCO4Xm.jpg
  • feralaffferalaff Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    The endeavour is a great idea!
    It makes active stf queues that never start, or in any case being random we always do different things. I like it!
    I swear, I'm going to make a meme just for you, Zed! Always coming in at the last minute to reactivate a thread before it can necro. LOL :D

LOL I can't think of a quality comeback for this right now. Let me think about it for 29 days to see what I can come up with. :p
    azrael605 wrote: »
    Totally random. I've gotten 2 million EC and nothing else, a pile of green & blue rarity mats plus 500k dill & 100marks of choice, and any other conceivable combination of these things. Today's Endeavor for example netted me 800k EC, 100 marks, some green mats, and 1k dill.

Oh wow, that is quite a fluctuation. I'm not sure what my feelings are on the rewards being so random... on one hand it adds suspense and the hope for a big payout, but on the other it can be off putting, especially when you get smaller rewards regularly.

@azrael605, what do you think about the fluctuating rewards?
    liCO4Xm.jpg

LOL I can't think of a quality comeback for this right now. Let me think about it for 29 days to see what I can come up with. :p

21hci7.jpg

Not Always. Just when I need to keep badmoon on his furry-footed toes. :wink:
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,238 Community Moderator

21hci7.jpg

Not Always. Just when I need to keep badmoon on his furry-footed toes. :wink:

"He tasks me. He tasks me, and I shall have him."
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
    I don't do PVP and you can't make me. :p
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Two reactions depending on how long you played the game

1. STO has pvp?
    2. Didn't PVP die when same faction was brought in to appease fedballers who didn't like cloaked enemies?

Only way I'd do this was if I could duel my LTS against f2p accounts and not have to bother with anyone else.
  • orangenee#2931 orangenee Member Posts: 837 Arc User
    For me the endeavour is a take it or leave it thing. If it involves doing something out of my way I ignore it as it's not worth too much bother. Not nearly rewarding enough for me to try dancing on that one planet, or getting an AFK penalty on Crystalline Crapastrophe.
  • trygvar13trygvar13 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    It's not a bad system but weak compared to other games (TOR or WOW). Once per account is not enough. It should be once per character.
    Dahar Master Qor'aS
    The kinetic damage one can easily be done with a single grav well at japori so I suppose having ones that take a lot longer due to ingame timers (romulus alerts or nimbus minibosses) does almost balance them out.
    I did that last night in a Tholian Red Alert. Completed the Endeavor before I even made it to the Cubes. It completed so quickly that I thought the Character didn't have the Endeavor listed. I checked Inventory and there was the Prize Pack.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Heh, one of the Tetryon damage Endeavors I completed by using FaW once, on a ship that doesn't have more than one Tetryon array.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • shinku#4469 shinku Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    did it in 5 sec with my torpedo boat
    lucky_star_trek_by_primantis-d389ufa.jpg
    Heh, one of the Tetryon damage Endeavors I completed by using FaW once, on a ship that doesn't have more than one Tetryon array.

That's why some folks keep a rainboat handy ( or so I hear ). :)
    The damage type ones tend to get done with little more than a single blast from a beam overload.

Only one that I see and instantly forget about is the tholian captain