test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Please give ground 1 more weapon slot.

nouveaux#3659 nouveaux Member Posts: 29 Arc User
edited November 2017 in Controls and User Interface
Can we please have an extra slot to equip a pistol...

I have 3 weapon types for my ground but only 2 I can use in combat unless I hide to change to the 3rd.

Maybe it would be nice to make a weapon slot for pistols so we can carry 2 rifles and a pistol type weapon as the 3rd.

In Sompek I had my Borg weapon and my Lobi weapon but I couldn't use my gear bonus type weapon (which was plasma) because I had to rotate it when I wasn't attacked.

Is it possible we can get pistols as a third weapon carry type please.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,464 Arc User
    I really don't want this it would make you OP and does not seem to be canon either. Though I do want there to be extra power trays allowed on the ground just like you can now get to 10 trays or more in space. That would be a good quality of life change I would support not this.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    This is one reason I'm against set bonuses. (Or stop at a 2 piece bonus) You feel you 'have to' use X, which leads to feeling of annoyance.
  • Options
    nouveaux#3659 nouveaux Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    Those who are talking about Tray's I think you're PC players. I'm a Console Player so I don't have the benefit of pressing 1 of the 50 keys on my keyboard to active a skill or ability. It's hard enough to fight in combat and have to pull up the HUD wheel to activate an ability that doesn't automatically trigger.

Also about having 2 pistols that's your preference the only reason why I said make the 3rd a pistol is because I think it's overly exaggerated to have 3 rifles, but like we seen in Mass Effect, 2 rifles and a pistol can be used. But that's fiction and the game is fiction so... What's the big deal?

FYI, I use a Auto Rifle, a TR-116 (For Borg) and a Undine Cannon for AOE attacks. If I had a pistol slot I could replace my Auto Rifle for a Polaron pistol for weapon malfunction as needed or even Melee who knows...
  • Options
    soullessraptorsoullessraptor Member Posts: 353 Arc User
    Actually, i would rather players get the equivalent of the Experimental weapon category. Something like profession-specific gear that enhances professions. So a tac captain might get a Grenade launcher or anti-personnel launcher, while a science captain might have a weapon similar in function to Ana from Overwatch (damages/debuffs hostiles, heals/buffs allies)
  • Options
    sotsogmsotsogm Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    I don't need a third weapon slot as such, but a default unarmed combat slot wouldn't be bad....
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    I would actually like my Boffs to have two weapon slots. That way I can order them to switch weapons in certain circumstances a la Mass Effect series (well at least the original trilogy, not gonna bother with Andromeda at this point).
  • Options
    ashstorm1ashstorm1 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    jaguarskx wrote: »
    I would actually like my Boffs to have two weapon slots. That way I can order them to switch weapons in certain circumstances a la Mass Effect series (well at least the original trilogy, not gonna bother with Andromeda at this point).

+1 This ^
  • Options
    sleepwalker#8777 sleepwalker Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    actually i think, 1 more device slot would make much more sense! 4 is not realy enough..
    usually people have:
    1 tribble/gambling device
    1 hypospray
    1 (anti-borg) frequency remodulator
    1 for any device like flux generator/triolic enhancer etc..
    there is nothing left for fun-stuff like frosted boots/party popper etc..

but i also agree to @jaguarskx .. a 2nd weapon slot for boffs would be nice