test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Costume Request Thread

Comments

• themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    ST:D Mirrorverse Uniforms. Like YESTERDAY.

That is all.
    Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
  • shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    jcsww wrote: »
    Can we please have the black badges and uniforms seen on the Discovery OPS crew as well as the Cadet rank badges.

I have been asking for the cadet and medical since the uniforms were released
  • nunoespadinha#0711 nunoespadinha Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    nefarius2 wrote: »
    I would like some of the in game hairstyles available only to NPCs start filtering out to the players. There's a really great Andorian style for males on an NPC on the Babel mission for the AOY faction. The new Klingon styles that in the new episodes. It baffles me there are already created pieces that we don't have access to.

Me also!!!! This is one example!
    ... plus the one from the Fleet Lab traffic controller female

lqF6oSd.jpg

U.S.S. Achiever
    Junae, Girquay, Meman'Ikan, Deanna, Elisa Flores, Nuno Espadinha, Heidi, Kolez, T'Vrell, Zarva, Vocan, Oeshi
    Zv9NH5Z.png
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
  • bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    I would really like to have the MU Discovery uniforms. Those things are very nice! When can we have them? :D

In addition to the uniforms, I NEED the hair shown on the foreground character in this pic.

bridge3.jpg

I don't watch the show, so I do not know their name. Before anyone asks why I want the uniforms from a show I don't watch, I don't watch it because I refuse to pay for a service that only has ONE show I would watch. Especially when the rest of the world gets to watch it on Netflix for no additional money.​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    bloodyriz wrote: »
    I would really like to have the MU Discovery uniforms. Those things are very nice! When can we have them? :D

In addition to the uniforms, I NEED the hair shown on the foreground character in this pic.

bridge3.jpg

I don't watch the show, so I do not know their name. Before anyone asks why I want the uniforms from a show I don't watch, I don't watch it because I refuse to pay for a service that only has ONE show I would watch. Especially when the rest of the world gets to watch it on Netflix for no additional money.​​

I second on both counts; wanting the Mirror Discovery uniforms (Has anyone else seen the video article about them on the Star Trek Youtube channel? Apparently, the badges and medals aren't just random, the costume department actually gave them meanings like 'Master Poisoner' and 'x number of kills') and CBS being evil for locking "Discovery" away behind the vaulted doors of their personal pay-to-watch service...
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • werewolfborg#2101 werewolfborg Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    Terran Discovery uniforms and can you add the medical badge.
    Also I'm so happy that Discovery is on Netflix here!
    Oh and the admiral badge! it's different and amazing, I want it.
    ...Also I'm so happy that Discovery is on Netflix here!...

Don't rub it in.​​
    signature.png
  • shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    please Discovery Cadet and Medical badge and Mirror Universe Discovery uniforms

The Discovery Admiral's badge is already in-game. It's only available for your Captain and only when wearing the Discovery uniform top. (Kind of like how the Kelvin departmental and Admiral badges only work with the Kelvin or Kelvin Admiral tops.)

Speaking of the Mirror Discovery uniforms, has anyone else noticed that Discovery features a major change from other Terran Empire appearances (TOS: "Mirror, Mirror", ENT: "In A Mirror, Darkly", the game 'Shattered Universe' and some of the WOK-era comics) in that instead of simply having the Terran 'Globe and Dagger', it actually added an inverted Starfleet delta to the design?
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • soullessraptorsoullessraptor Member Posts: 353 Arc User
    Perhaps cosmetically attached weapons? Something like a Disruptor, Klingon dagger, or Phaser attached to the belt? Also, Breen components (I want the Boushh mask those frigid gits wear)
  • auleius12auleius12 Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    Am I the only one who wants the full romulan tal shiar uniform set?
    Oh can we have some 2410 Romulan uniforms?
    I'm a doctor not an escalator

The Discovery Admiral's badge is already in-game. It's only available for your Captain and only when wearing the Discovery uniform top. (Kind of like how the Kelvin departmental and Admiral badges only work with the Kelvin or Kelvin Admiral tops.)

odd... I'm level 59, last time I tried I think I was 54, I was wearing the discovery admiral uniform, in full, and the highest I oculd get it was captain...
    Like Bloodyriz, I want Captain Tilly's hair. Not normal Tilly's hair, mirror Tilly, the one that's a captain. It's 50% awesome and 50% beautiful. All of my characters are female and this would be an excelent change of hair that my main level 59 character could use (she's had the same hair since I made her). In fact I don't want it, I demand it. If I don't get it there will be phaser shots, there will be wounded and Bones will be reporting that he is infact dead, Jim.
    I just tried again with the admiral badge now that I'm an actual admiral rather than a vice admiral or whatever and... let's just say I have a cool new badge
    edited January 2018
    Yeah, the Discovery Admiral IS one of the coolest badges in the game. It makes it a shame that it's restricted to work only with the Discovery uniform top.
    Perhaps cosmetically attached weapons? Something like a Disruptor, Klingon dagger, or Phaser attached to the belt? Also, Breen components (I want the Boushh mask those frigid gits wear)

I think that KDF characters get a d'ktag dagger as a "Hip Attach - Right" option now, if that's any help. I don't remember if it's captains-only or not, though.

Speaking of the Breen - now that the 0718 Model Android Bridge Officer has proven that a 'special edition' BOff can have limited head/body customization and still full uniform customization, I'd love for ALL the different Special BOffs (Breen, Jem'hadar, Reman, Hierarchy) to get another look at them. I mean, I can understand Breen needing the helmet, but like you said, plenty of Breen components in the game they could use for customization, and that shouldn't even be a problem with the Reman Sci, Jem'hadar Tac or Hierarchy Tac/Intel BOffs...

Actually, on the subject of another uniform... since we've got the 2009 Kelvin uniform in the game, what about the 'Beyond'-style 'cowl-neck' version as well - I mean, I know since the 'classic' Kelvin's in the Lobi Store the 'Beyond' Kelvin would have to be too, but still...
    Post edited by turbomagnus on
    Yeah, the Discovery Admiral IS one of the coolest badges in the game. It makes it a shame that it's restricted to work only with the Discovery uniform top...

Yeah I wish they would unbind the badges. I can put an ENT badge on a TOS top, so why not?​​
    signature.png
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    Yeah, the Discovery Admiral IS one of the coolest badges in the game. It makes it a shame that it's restricted to work only with the Discovery uniform top...

Yeah I wish they would unbind the badges. I can put an ENT badge on a TOS top, so why not?​​
    I think it might be due the fact that DSC badges double as rank indicators and the at the moment doesn't allow to seperate rank indicators, meaning Cryptic would have to program to seperate versions of the DSC badges, one for the DSC uniforms and one for all other uniforms.

Basically you can blame CBS for making the rather stupid call to make the DSC badges be the sole rank insignia.
    edited January 2018
    could we have more hair variations for Caitians/Feressans? I'm have both and they have like 5 hairstyles... and like 1 extra for having both. Also more tail/ear choices... there's like 4-6 for each. Also, I know this is the kelvin timeline, but caitians there are shown to sometimes be humans with cat ears and a tail... I want to be able to do that...
    spiritborn wrote: »

I think it might be due the fact that DSC badges double as rank indicators and the at the moment doesn't allow to seperate rank indicators, meaning Cryptic would have to program to seperate versions of the DSC badges, one for the DSC uniforms and one for all other uniforms.

Basically you can blame CBS for making the rather stupid call to make the DSC badges be the sole rank insignia.

Awww! From your post, you would think they are working way too hard. :P Don't encourage them to be lazier than they already are!

Personally, I prefer the rank and badge all in one. It looks nice, which is also why I would like to eventually see the Future Imperfect badges as well.
  • bberge1701bberge1701 Member Posts: 726 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2018
    I'd like to see an update for the kilt, with more color slots. It currently has just one, which is fine for the Scott tartan seen on the show, but makes it impossible to accurately depict other clan tartans. I'd also love to see the shoulder plaid Scotty wears with it, with matching color slots.

Edit: I was going to link to the picture on the Memory Alpha page, but I can't get it to display properly.
  • quixoticishquixoticish Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    Along with the usual Discovery requests for the mirror universe bits and pieces could we please have the away team body armor?

9e520a8964f928115a92f5daecd88fd6.jpg
    Probably going to get lynched for this, but could we get some of the Discovery Klingon skintones like Voq's albino white and L'Rell's bluish color? I've actually found I like them as a change from the standard colors, especially if one thinks of them as being from planets in the Empire other than Qo'nos...

Also, Discovery themed Duty and/or bridge officers, if this is the place to say that. The more I watch Saru, the more I find myself liking the character and wanting Kelpians on my crew...
    Probably going to get lynched for this, but could we get some of the Discovery Klingon skintones like Voq's albino white and L'Rell's bluish color? I've actually found I like them as a change from the standard colors, especially if one thinks of them as being from planets in the Empire other than Qo'nos...

Also, Discovery themed Duty and/or bridge officers, if this is the place to say that. The more I watch Saru, the more I find myself liking the character and wanting Kelpians on my crew...

I would like to see the albino skin tones return as well. The original Gorn had them but they were removed when PWE decided they wanted to only the newer and uglier look. Returning the original Gorn skins would also be greatly appreciated.
    edited February 2018

I would like to see the albino skin tones return as well. The original Gorn had them but they were removed when PWE decided they wanted to only the newer and uglier look. Returning the original Gorn skins would also be greatly appreciated.

Which is especially somewhat sad now that we have the 23c. Gorn head, y'know? They could bring back the 'classic' version and it would fit in nice between it and the 'modern' Gorn heads...

Which is especially somewhat sad now that we have the 23c. Gorn head, y'know? They could bring back the 'classic' version and it would fit in nice between it and the 'modern' Gorn heads...

They still exist in the game. They are locked out to players though. There is a retro Gorn NPC on the Klingon shipyard.
  • shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    Along with the usual Discovery requests for the mirror universe bits and pieces could we please have the away team body armor?

-image redacted-
    Seconded, again; this is the 'tactical variant' I've referred to elsewhere. Some more imagery of it and its associated accessories can be found here. This 'tactical package' would, I think, comprise the following:

• body armor - this could be represented ingame either as a vest (see also: the miner kit) or a full-top variant. Note: the actual uniform in the referenced imagery appears to be a 'low-vis' variant of the basic duty uniform;
    • belt - with various combinations of pouches;
    • holstered phaser - hip attachment, like the d'k tahg from AoS, available in right- and left-handed versions;
    • backpack

It'd also be interesting to see what the Terran version of this looks like (not to be confused with the semi-ornamental partial armor present on the duty uniforms).
    Regarding Discovery uniforms, there's also the variant with the three-quarter sleeves and wide belt seen on some of the background characters that would be nice...

They still exist in the game. They are locked out to players though. There is a retro Gorn NPC on the Klingon shipyard.

Which is actually worse than being removed entirely when you think about it... Oh, for the things that NPCs can have but players don't in terms of hair, heads, costumes, etc... (Seriously. LOOK at the Gorn on Qo'nos, Granalda, Nimbus, etc.... they can wear Orion shoulder pads, but player Gorn Captains and BOffs can't...)
  • Want these for xbox one
    Starfleet TWOK Uniforms.( If Need be give PS4 users the Steamrunner class) it is the main starfleet uniform for 6 movies & several episodes of TNG.
    Starfleet TOS Uniforms from the episodes The Cage & Where No Man Has Gone Before
    Starfleet TNG Movie Vest Uinform
    Starfleet TNG Dress Uniform Seasons 2-7
    Starfleet TOS Movie Bomber Jacket
    Starfleet TWOK Security Uniforms
    Starfleet TOS Movie Enlisted Uniforms
    Starfleet TNG Cadet Uniform
    1930's attire from TNG episode " The Big Goodbye"
    Klingon Khaless Uniform

• redjacredjacredjacredjac Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    In case it hasn't been requested, Discovery Mirror Universe uniforms. They look awesome.