Install Arc

Keybinds not working

Any one else having key bind issues ?
All my key binds have stopped working
tried unloading and reloading but didnt fix the issue
few others in my fleet are having the same problem

Comments

• kurumimorishitakurumimorishita Member Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    Copy the gameclient.exe from the x64 or x86 folder and paste it into the live folder. This should fix your problem.
    "We might get pretty singed at that range, but not as singed as they're going to get. Engage."
    - Captain Six of Nine aka Ashley "Don't Call Me Ash" Campbell
    q4F10XV.jpg
    ALWAYS OUTNUMBERED, NEVER OUTGUNNED
  • cjseven01cjseven01 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    Tried your suggestion, it didn't work :(

i was using a modified version of /bind_load_file spacebar.txt from the hilbert guide
    went back to the original file but that wont work either now
    edited January 2018
    cjseven01 wrote: »
    Tried your suggestion, it didn't work :(

i was using a modified version of /bind_load_file spacebar.txt from the hilbert guide
    went back to the original file but that wont work either now

Sorry - for some reason I thought demorecord...in the case you described, you have to copy/paste the spacebar.txt to the x86 folder.
    "We might get pretty singed at that range, but not as singed as they're going to get. Engage."
    q4F10XV.jpg
  • cjseven01cjseven01 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    Thanks its working again :)
    cjseven01 wrote: »
    Thanks its working again :)
    Glad to hear it!!! You're welcome! ∩^ω^∩
    q4F10XV.jpg
  • midniteshadow7midniteshadow7 Member Posts: 787 Arc User
    I'm having the same problems with keybinds and my files (that have previously been working) are now not and they are located in this folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Star Trek Online\Star Trek Online\Live\
    I'm having the same problems with keybinds and my files (that have previously been working) are now not and they are located in this folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Star Trek Online\Star Trek Online\Live\

Like mentioned above...copy/paste the spacebar.txt from the live folder to the x86 folder that is in the live folder (in your case... C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Star Trek Online\Star Trek Online\Live\x86).

q4F10XV.jpg
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    I understand the need to not necro old threads, but I did a search on this and thought since the thread is only a few months old, it would be okay...

Would someone point me to the announcement, patch notes, or thread where it was mentioned this would be happening? I usually read patch notes pretty faithfully, but didn’t see this come through...

Thanks!
    CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble