test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Other Breen Consoles not equipping to Breen Plesh Tral Heavy Raider(T6)

dreamingravendreamingraven Member Posts: 18 Arc User
During our Winter event this year I acquired the Breen Plesh Tral Heavy Raider(T6) ship . I have also a Breen Chel Grett Warship(T5-U), and each of these came with a different console from the Hypercooled Technology Set found here : https://sto.gamepedia.com/Hypercooled_Technology_Set#Console_-_Universal_-_Breen_Energy_Dissipator

I can not equip the Breen Energy Dissipator on the Breen Plesh Tral Heavy Raider(T6), it says it does not meet class restrictions. This should not be, it plainly says "any Breen Starship" .

Am I missing something here or is this a bug? I can equip both consoles on the Breen Chel Grett Warship(T5-U), no problems, but this newest Breen ship is not allowing the Breen Energy Dissipator to be equipped.

Comments

• rejaqrejaq Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    I've the same issue, same console. Tried for a day to get it to work, then had a thought. There is an Enhanced version on the Chel Boalg T6 ship that was the Wonderland prize a few years ago, it only states this in the Rt-Click more details text on the item. Unpacked the Chel Boalg (never bothered as I had the console from the Chell Grett) and tried the enhanced console, it works for me. I have the full set bonus again.

Still doesn't alter that the Chel Grett console is bugged in that it should recognise the Plesh Tral as a Breen ship. Otherwise for those who don't have the Chel Boalg the set is broken.
    quote-you-might-as-well-aim-high-why-shoot-yourself-in-the-foot-when-you-can-shoot-yourself-william-shatner-133-45-82.jpg
  • dreamingravendreamingraven Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    rejaq wrote: »
    I've the same issue, same console. Tried for a day to get it to work, then had a thought. There is an Enhanced version on the Chel Boalg T6 ship that was the Wonderland prize a few years ago, it only states this in the Rt-Click more details text on the item. Unpacked the Chel Boalg (never bothered as I had the console from the Chell Grett) and tried the enhanced console, it works for me. I have the full set bonus again.

Still doesn't alter that the Chel Grett console is bugged in that it should recognise the Plesh Tral as a Breen ship. Otherwise for those who don't have the Chel Boalg the set is broken.

Unfortunately I am one of those without a Chel Boalg to use....and I really like using the Tral Heavy Raider, kind of sucks to not be able to use my gear.

• tarran61tarran61 Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    For the set
    Positive thoughts.
    NeAC.gif
    tarran61 wrote: »
    For the set

yeah, but the Plesh Tral Heavy Raider won't accept the others for me, only the one it came with . It is supposed to accept all of those ......
    Hmmm, no official comment on this issue. I turned in bug report,but for now it appears I am going to to be out of luck,I can't make use of my equipment on the ship it SHOULD go on.
    For the set

You do realize I had posted that EXACT link above ???
  • drider01drider01 Member Posts: 1 New User
    In the same boat as you. Don't have the T6 ship and the T5 console doesn't work. Submitted a bug report ingame.
    I turned one in too, wonder if they'll ever fix it. This should be an easy thing to fix.
  • maniac20#5251 maniac20 Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    I am having the same issue but with the Sol Defense engine
  • tmghost7729#8985 tmghost7729 Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    Paging @engineerb4#4806 for due attention on this. Thank you!
  • tarran61tarran61 Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    For the set

You do realize I had posted that EXACT link above ???

Sorry, I didnt.

Positive thoughts.
    NeAC.gif
    Paging @engineerb4#4806 for due attention on this. Thank you!

Yes, please.
  • bucklerpwbucklerpw Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    I can not put the Breen Dissipator console on my new Breen Plesh Tral ship! All the console boxes are red!
    edited January 2018
    Well, just learned it is exactly the same issue on PS4. Can't equip Chel Grett T5 console, Breen Energy Dissipator, on the T6 Plesh Tral. Please @engineerb4#4806, can we have this looked into as it is obviously a system wide issue?
    Post edited by tmghost7729#8985 on
    edited January 2018
    bucklerpw wrote: »
    I can not put the Breen Dissipator console on my new Breen Plesh Tral ship! All the console boxes are red!

Welcome to our world :(

I don't care if the console is from the T5 ship or the T6 ship, it says ANY Breen starship.
  • purvee1purvee1 Member Posts: 360 Arc User
    I have the answer! Sort of.

Like you guys I was unable to equip the console. The problem seems to lie with the Energy Dissipator which is the T5 version. The T6 Enhanced Energy Dissipator can be slotted with no issues. As both have the same icon it can be confusing.

I realise this is no help for those whom do not have the Chel Boalg, which was last year's reward ship (and can be obtained from the phoenix prize pack). But there's a sort of work around.
  • geezerpunkgeezerpunk Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    Yeah I'm Kind of in the same boat. Somehow I never got the Breen Sarr Theln Carrier. And dispite sinling all the Dilithium I had in my accounts everytime the Phoenix box comes up, I have never gotten either of the top two tokens to even get ships.

This last time I never even got anything other that the bottom token. My three newest toons have not even gotten a Red Matter yet. I bought two additional subscriptions to add more toons, but that ship will still be there taunting me. Plus even if I had - There is no way to make them an account unlock. So I will probably go to my grave without all my toons even able to get the Sarr Theln.
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    Perhaps it won't work, but have you tried to dismiss the console and reclaim it?
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
    edited January 2018
    purvee1 wrote: »

Like you guys I was unable to equip the console. The problem seems to lie with the Energy Dissipator which is the T5 version. The T6 Enhanced Energy Dissipator can be slotted with no issues. As both have the same icon it can be confusing.

I realise this is no help for those whom do not have the Chel Boalg, which was last year's reward ship (and can be obtained from the phoenix prize pack). But there's a sort of work around.

That's ZERO solution, and it shouldn't have to be that way, the consoles in that set(in my link above) all say ANY Breen starship, not t6 for t6 or t5 for t5, heckthose two say the enhanced OR the normal one. The problem is still a problem, most of us don't have a Chel Boalg , obviously. We still have problem, ad the problem is that the set is equipable on ANY Breen starship, but some of the consoles don't recognize the Plesh Tral as a Breen starship. We should be able to equip the consoles we already have, not spend a fortune chasing after a ship we might never get....
    gaevsman wrote: »
    Perhaps it won't work, but have you tried to dismiss the console and reclaim it?

Yup, was one of the first things I thought of too , too bad it didn't work. :(
  • purvee1purvee1 Member Posts: 360 Arc User
    purvee1 wrote: »

That's ZERO solution, and it shouldn't have to be that way, the consoles in that set(in my link above) all say ANY Breen starship, not t6 for t6 or t5 for t5, heckthose two say the enhanced OR the normal one. The problem is still a problem, most of us don't have a Chel Boalg , obviously. We still have problem, ad the problem is that the set is equipable on ANY Breen starship, but some of the consoles don't recognize the Plesh Tral as a Breen starship. We should be able to equip the consoles we already have, not spend a fortune chasing after a ship we might never get....

Oh I know, I was in the same boat and didn't realise that there were in fact two versions of the same consoles.
    Honestly I do wonder why they keep the difference between the enhanced and mundane consoles. I mean, hands up who here is going to use the mundane console?

Why not just have the 4 piece set with them all upgraded to the Enhanced, as it lets bugs creep in.
    geezerpunk wrote: »
    Yeah I'm Kind of in the same boat. Somehow I never got the Breen Sarr Theln Carrier. And dispite sinling all the Dilithium I had in my accounts everytime the Phoenix box comes up, I have never gotten either of the top two tokens to even get ships.

This last time I never even got anything other that the bottom token.

Yeah, I never get ANYTHING from any lock box anymore, I got nothing but garbage out of the Phoenix boxes this time.

• geezerpunkgeezerpunk Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    I did realize (with a friends help) that the reason that I am missing the Sarr Theln Carrier, is that is the winter that I had my accident. I was in the hospital that Dec and Jan (and still have memory problems of things that happened around that time. So needless to say, getting that ship was the low thing on the priority list at the time, now not so much. LOL
  • merdhynmerdhyn Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Am also having this issue. Sent a bug report though the game, but wanted to make sure it was noted. I really wish someone would come in, at least to say "we're aware and working on it"
    The silence here is rather deafening, however
  • engineerb4#4806 engineerb4 Member Posts: 211 Cryptic Developer
    edited January 2019
    Post edited by engineerb4#4806 on
    STO Software Engineer
    I build things. Things that make us go.
  • merdhynmerdhyn Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Thank you very much for the response, it is truly appreciated.
    Don't worry. The game designers pay attention to the forum. They made a fix soon after this thread was made. It should be on the next Tribble build.

Thanks for the response , I am pleased to know it will be fixed soon, I like the Tral Plesh :)

> @engineerb4#4806 said:
    > Don't worry. The game designers pay attention to the forum. They made a fix soon after this thread was made. It should be on the next Tribble build.

\o/
  • engineerb4#4806 engineerb4 Member Posts: 211 Cryptic Developer
    Your welcome.
    STO Software Engineer
    I build things. Things that make us go.