What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Vinegar Protocol STWE2014 active

2»

Comments

• Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    S/he said they got a new computer as quickly as they could, it was just after the event before they could do so. It was the Mac that died, I believe.

Still, it isn't Cryptic's fault that computers die. Nor is it their fault that it takes till after the event before a new one can be gotten. It's why I'm only doing events on my sorry laptop, so it won't up and die on me before I get another desktop.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    tilarta wrote: »
    No, it was not my own fault I was unable to attend the event that granted the Sarr Theln.
    Just before the event started, my gaming computer reached the end of it's operational lifespan (it broke) and Cryptic discontinued the MacOS Star Trek Online client.

Therefore, as a result, I had no access to the game during the time this event was running and could not get the unlock.

It may not be your fault from a "I blame you for it" point of view, but from a business perspective, the fault of you not getting the ship was on your end. Cryptic did uphold their part of the deal, and they are not to blame your computer didn't work. Technically that can even be considered your "fault", because you could have bought a newer or more stable computer. But just like no concert will be rescheduled because you were sick and couldn't attend it, just as no company will repeat a sale because you had to travel for work and couldn't be there, there is no obligation, not even a slightly moral one, to repeat any opportunity. I have missed a few things myself, and I wouldn't complain if they brought some of the old ships back as account unlocks, but there is no reason at all to complain if they don't. Missed opportunities for sales happen all the time, sometimes you get a bit grumpy, but best to move on and forget about it. If they come back, all the better.
    tilarta wrote: »
    The only candidate I can think of for the other cold-themed race is the Andorians.
    Given that the only Andorian ship ingame at the moment is the Kumari, it would be expected that they would be the next candidate for the Winter Wonderland vessels.
    In all probability, there will be a Cruiser and a Carrier.
    It's uncertain if there will be a Science, since no previous event has ever unlocked a science class vessel that wasn't a carrier.

Andorian ships are in my opinion highly unlikely, since the Andorians are part of the federation, even founding members, and I don't expect Cryptic to put out faction ships for all sides. Granted, the Romulan multi mission science vessels have a heavily Vulcan design, so Andorian inspired ships are not out of the question. Then again, Vulcans and Romulans are basically the same species, as Lukari and Kentari, so that made sense. And while winter=Breen is a nice equation, I rather guess they will sooner drop the "winter race" premise if they can't think of any. I also think we're through with the Breen, but of course I may be wrong.

As for Sci event ships: the only winter science ship so far was indeed the Sarr Theln, a carrier. Summer events had none. Anniversary events though had both Lukari and Krenim science vessels that were not carriers. Since I seriously doubt that this constitutes any pattern apart from the fact "sometimes science ships are given out during events", I wouldn't be surprised if it happened next winter.
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    It's very likely that the remaining Vorgon ship https://sto.gamepedia.com/Vorgon_Cruiser will be a science ship for this years summer event. However I am hoping that it won't only have 5 weapon slots like the NPC version, but since the carrier from last year had only 6 weapons slots for an engineering type ship it seems like it's going to go that way.
  • Options
    lighte007lighte007 Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    leemwatson wrote: »
    lighte007 wrote: »
    I wasn't here for that carrier.

That means they are finally going to release new T6 Ships in the Winter Event this year at least. Breen ships anyway or something different because it would be nice to see another race that strives in cold climates or that act like they do, like the Breen.

As mentioned, the Phoenix box is your only avenue. For the Console, they may run the event for the remaining T6 ships. I have an issue with those that say they are being 'punished' by Cryptic. It's not Cryptic's fault that people weren't playing during the inital events those ships ran for, and at least there is now an avenue to earn the ship.

I wasn't really bitching about not getting it. I was grateful we are finally finished with the revamping of all the Breen Ships that needed the T6 Polish. While we can finally get anew T6 Ship near the end of the year.
    The Rising of the Delta is the best expansion ever, and people love it to death because it is a good day to die in the endless struggle for supremacy of your own conviction. (A spin off of the Delta Rising is the best expansion ever and all the players love it.)
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,319 Community Moderator
    Well, it seems the OP has abandoned this thread, and even removed the original post, so...

8zkdpcf.png
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.