test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Suggestion: Two sets I would love to see

One set I would like to see is a ground set available through the New Romulus reputation. I think all the other reputations have one. Isn't it time to bring New Romulus up to speed?
The other set I would like to see is a mission reward space set that features plasma beams, and not plasma torpedoes. (And not tricobalt, either.) Maybe plasma beams and photon torpedoes? Please give us more of a reason to use plasma beams, and please make it accessible.

Comments

• jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    I highly doubt Cryptic will update any reputation old or current.

Cryptic has been releasing missions reward space sets for the various energy weapon types for some time. Off the top of my head two energy weapons remains... anti-proton and plasma. I would say it is only a matter of time now.
  • rhenvar42rhenvar42 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    One set I would like to see is a ground set available through the New Romulus reputation. I think all the other reputations have one. Isn't it time to bring New Romulus up to speed?
    The other set I would like to see is a mission reward space set that features plasma beams, and not plasma torpedoes. (And not tricobalt, either.) Maybe plasma beams and photon torpedoes? Please give us more of a reason to use plasma beams, and please make it accessible.

I would be curious to see what a Romunlan ground armor set would look like.
    jaguarskx wrote: »

Cryptic has been releasing missions reward space sets for the various energy weapon types for some time. Off the top of my head two energy weapons remains... anti-proton and plasma. I would say it is only a matter of time now.

The Temporal and Iconian resistance use Antiproton, while the Romulan is the only one that uses Plasma. If my memory is right, I think Phasers are the only one that doesn't have a separate rep tree.
  • asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    About the only way I could see them working in a ground set for the romulan rep, would be if we returned to New Romulus in content (even if it were a side-mission/story arc). Though I would say if they went back to do such a thing they add into the romulan rep a single/dual cannon version of the experimental romulan beam array (maybe even a dual beam bank version), but that is true of a lot of reps that still have only a single weapon type in their rep set (like the undine set would be nice to have a omni-array version).
  • binebanebinebane Member Posts: 557 Arc User
    there are 2 different romulan ground sets in game both from missions. one is in mission survivor and second one... cant remember.
    i like how reputatuons are different and not all will give you 1 ground and 1 space set.
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,853 Arc User
    if you use the Faeht warbird, you can use the heavy plasma lance console, +15% plasma damage, the bounty hunters friend, with the corrosive plasma torp, -10% weapon power cost and +32% plasma projectile damage, Zed point, and the hyper torp and the experimental plasma beam, you net +10% plasma damage, +20 EPS, +22 drain expertise, +2 all power systems, and the hyperflux, which is not all that but if you like the hyper torp (I do) the experimental beam has zero power cost, so the 3 pc is a no brainer. it's a shame you can't fit either the ionized particle beam or the Ablative hazard shield becau that would give you another -25% power cost. you can switch to the morrigu, but you lose the +15% plasma damage from th heavy lance console
    Spock.jpg

• shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    asuran14 wrote: »
    Though I would say if they went back to do such a thing they add into the romulan rep a single/dual cannon version of the experimental romulan beam array (maybe even a dual beam bank version), but that is true of a lot of reps that still have only a single weapon type in their rep set (like the undine set would be nice to have a omni-array version).
    Yes, I can think of little good reason for older sets not to receive this kind of touch-up. But if we're going to talk about new sets, I will again bring up the hypothetical 'Cold Warrior' set elaborated upon here.
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    I wish they added a turret variant of the Nausicaan beam array.
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,782 Arc User
    rhenvar42 wrote: »

I would be curious to see what a Romunlan ground armor set would look like.

The Temporal and Iconian resistance use Antiproton, while the Romulan is the only one that uses Plasma. If my memory is right, I think Phasers are the only one that doesn't have a separate rep tree.

True. But there are some episode rewards that have + phaser universal consoles in them.

A Romulan reputation set would be nice, same for phasers.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • theshroudedtheshrouded Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    binebane wrote: »
    there are 2 different romulan ground sets in game both from missions. one is in mission survivor and second one... cant remember.
    i like how reputatuons are different and not all will give you 1 ground and 1 space set.

Romulan Imperial Navy from uneasy allies
  • kronin#4685 kronin Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    Wow, thanks for all the replies. This conversation is getting interesting. About phasers, the Undine reputation has phasers, and there are two mission reward sets, including the excellent quantum phase set. As far as adding a Romulan ground set to the New Romulus reputation, all they have to do is edit the window where you choose a project, and put in the new set. They wouldn't have to change anything else about the New Romulus reputation system, nor how we get the marks. It's an easy fix. I know that there are two Romulan ground sets available as mission rewards. They are available very late in the game. My point is that New Romulus is the only reputation system without a ground set, and I see no logic behind that. I'm not a Romulan activist. Just saying, the only reputation that doesn't have a ground set should get one. About ship sets, only one features a plasma beam, and another one features a plasma turret. Both of them have the same two problems. They also feature plasma torpedoes, and neither of them are mission rewards. I would settle for a new reputation system with a ship set that features a plasma beam and a non-destructible torpedo. That could work.
  • shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    The Romulan reputation didn't get a ground set because ground sets are made to fight a specific enemy, the one tied to that reputation, but the Romulan reputation HAS no specific enemy to fight.
    I would respectfully disagree, sir. Consider in the first the Tal Shiar and other Imperial remnant forces; one could argue that they are to the Republic what the Terran Empire is to the Federation (and there is a rep track focused on this OPFOR). On the other hand, we have the Elachi, who are a big part of a Romulan character's story arc, and to my knowledge are still out there, so it's easier to rationalize a ground set focused on dealing with them. Such a set, I imagine, would include the following attributes:
    • disruptor damage resistance;
    • toxin damage resistance (alternatively, the armor may count as an EV suit);
    • shield hardening (the Elachi disruptor proc (reference) instead ignores 50% of shields and 25% of damage resistance; 2-piece bonus (armor & shield));
    • additional damage to fabrications (additional proc on weapon; accounts for the Elachi fondness for combat drones)
    Do me a favor and keep this peaceful. We're all friends playing the same game, okay?
  • lighte007lighte007 Member Posts: 390 Arc User

The Omni-Directional AP beam was gotten in the Dyson Arc, the last one that is needed is Plasma.
    The Rising of the Delta is the best expansion ever, and people love it to death because it is a good day to die in the endless struggle for supremacy of your own conviction. (A spin off of the Delta Rising is the best expansion ever and all the players love it.)
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    First Solonae Dyson Arc Mission, 'Sphere of Influence', has the Ancient Omni AP and the Obelisk Warp Core. The latter at UR is very good for 'Tour the Galaxy' and normally at VR will cooldown both Slipstream and Transwarp by half.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Do me a favor and keep this peaceful. We're all friends playing the same game, okay?
    Such heresy! *burns*

Just kidding. :p

But more seriously, the Elachi were not fully taken out of the fight by the events of Devil's Choice. I mean, I personally annihilated an army of them in ground combat, and vaporized an armada of them in orbit of Mol'Rihan. But I didn't wipe out their entire military. Also I'm pretty sure they don't need to live in subspace. That station they built seemed to be in subspace only because it was a convenient hiding spot.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,309 Arc User
    Yeah.... my dude.... there are two Romulan sets available in game already. The one for the first episode in the Iconian arc ain't bad and the Survivor set is downright fantastic.

Matter of perspective. Personally not too fond of the set from survivor.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
    Wow, thanks for all the replies. This conversation is getting interesting. About phasers, the Undine reputation has phasers, and there are two mission reward sets, including the excellent quantum phase set. As far as adding a Romulan ground set to the New Romulus reputation, all they have to do is edit the window where you choose a project, and put in the new set. They wouldn't have to change anything else about the New Romulus reputation system, nor how we get the marks. It's an easy fix. I know that there are two Romulan ground sets available as mission rewards. They are available very late in the game. My point is that New Romulus is the only reputation system without a ground set, and I see no logic behind that. I'm not a Romulan activist. Just saying, the only reputation that doesn't have a ground set should get one. About ship sets, only one features a plasma beam, and another one features a plasma turret. Both of them have the same two problems. They also feature plasma torpedoes, and neither of them are mission rewards. I would settle for a new reputation system with a ship set that features a plasma beam and a non-destructible torpedo. That could work.
    reputation is late game too... pretty sure at least one of ground sets is available before reputation. well guess depends on your play style.

• lighte007lighte007 Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    And we get two different ground sets for Romulans in missions we play, rather than reputations. Uneasy Allies and Survivor both have Romulan Ground Sets.
    The Rising of the Delta is the best expansion ever, and people love it to death because it is a good day to die in the endless struggle for supremacy of your own conviction. (A spin off of the Delta Rising is the best expansion ever and all the players love it.)
    I started this thread because I saw that the New Romulus reputation system was the only one without a ground set, not because any of my toons can't get any sets. Again, I already know about the Romulan sets that are mission rewards. It's not about that, either. But, to respond to the comments about the mission rewards, let me point something out. As an experiment, I started a toon so that I could level him all the way up by doing the missions in order, and without DOFFing, doing patrols or any of the other side things you can do to get XP. He's doing just the missions in order. Right now, he's level 44, and he's almost done with the "Dominion Domination" story arc about DS9 and such. He's two missions away from starting the "Yesterday's War" story arc. As you can see, he will be level 50, thus unlocking the reputation system, way before he gets to "Uneasy Allies". "Survivor" is locked until level 60, not to mention how late it is if you do the missions in order. Regardless of when you can get those two sets, my point was never about the game (as a whole) lacking Romulan stuff. It's about the New Romulus reputation system being the only reputation without a ground set. However, it was said above that the ground set could be a Reman set, and I don't think STO has one of those yet.
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @binebane said:
    Well there is the Jem Hadar ground set from the Cardassian arc.
    topic is about romulan ground sets not jem hadar...
    I started this thread because I saw that the New Romulus reputation system was the only one without a ground set, not because any of my toons can't get any sets. Again, I already know about the Romulan sets that are mission rewards. It's not about that, either. But, to respond to the comments about the mission rewards, let me point something out. As an experiment, I started a toon so that I could level him all the way up by doing the missions in order, and without DOFFing, doing patrols or any of the other side things you can do to get XP. He's doing just the missions in order. Right now, he's level 44, and he's almost done with the "Dominion Domination" story arc about DS9 and such. He's two missions away from starting the "Yesterday's War" story arc. As you can see, he will be level 50, thus unlocking the reputation system, way before he gets to "Uneasy Allies". "Survivor" is locked until level 60, not to mention how late it is if you do the missions in order. Regardless of when you can get those two sets, my point was never about the game (as a whole) lacking Romulan stuff. It's about the New Romulus reputation system being the only reputation without a ground set. However, it was said above that the ground set could be a Reman set, and I don't think STO has one of those yet.
    still why should all reputation be the same with one ground one ship set? makes it kind of boring and predictable. at least for me. guess its personal opinion and since you are asking for one. im stongly against any changes in past reputations.

• asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    binebane wrote: »
    still why should all reputation be the same with one ground one ship set? makes it kind of boring and predictable. at least for me. guess its personal opinion and since you are asking for one. im stongly against any changes in past reputations.

Well why should they not? Does not having a ground set honestly add anything to a rep, compared to adding the rep ground set that adds more options for the player to use an for the tailor.

Now on the fact of each rep having a ground, and space set making them boring an predictable, that is just wrong on so many levels. What would make them predictable an boring is if the sets always were the same set of gear (not merely the same set up like armor/shield/weapon, but the same exact type of weapon, armor, and shield), or that the bonuses gained from the set were identical regardless of the rep the set is from. Now I could see making the ground set for a romulan rep maybe contain a different set of items /gear in it, which would make it different an interesting from the other reps. Even the idea of adding in maybe a mechanic, or function in the set that makes it stand apart from other such gear.