test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A good day to die...again and again.

What would you say are the ten (or fewer) toughest missions in STO? Many of you have beaten all currently existing missions, and perhaps some of you are so good at this game that you never need to respawn. But, which missions gave you the biggest challenge or caused you to respawn the most?

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    Korfez.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • galattgalatt Member Posts: 707 Arc User
    The first one with the Vaadwaur. I was dying constantly until I figured out how to avoid those cluster mines
    sig_picture_resize_by_gx_9901-db9d1v1.png
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    galatt wrote: »
    The first one with the Vaadwaur. I was dying constantly until I figured out how to avoid those cluster mines

This. RocknRoll is your friend, as well as Evasive Maneuvers.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    Na'khul/iconians, namely time and tide and such... when soloing a five man version due to team carrying... being hit by multiple rad cloud torps is not fun
    Kobali Prime .

Lazy sods, I kept dying and it was my away team that always helped while those creep's just sat around. Thank god, I look terrible in purple! ( no offense Spike =3 )

i agree. Kobali Prime is awful.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    Cold Comfort is the most difficult mission for me because it is impossible to DPS the mission to victory. Especially since it has a failure condition.

:)
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Back in the day when we got Lobi for playing the Featured Episode Rerun, 'Cold Comfort' would be my go to Mission to complete the Daily. Just about as quick as the one preferred by most - 'Spin the Wheel' and you got the Breen Cluster Torpedo.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • smooshy#7462 smooshy Member Posts: 233 Arc User
    Probably Ragnarok. Dealing with the Delphic effect and the many ships shooting at me meant I blew up a couple of times, which typically wasn't happening in the end game.
  • disqord#9557 disqord Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    Back on my first character, the Vaadwaur were capable of making me waste all nine of my Caitian's lives on a single ship, especially when defending those satellites above the Turei homeworld. Even on my (Admittedly very very weak at the time) tank build, their cluster bombs were effectively death sentences if I so much as existed at the same time when one was deployed. As well, the assault on Vaadwaur Prime with the Hierarchy backing you up, I always found the Hierarchy to...die. A lot. They don't provide much help, call for reinforcements every five seconds, yet are somehow supposed to be the next in line for the Iconians if the Vaadwaur never worked out.

These days, they're only a problem on that build if I decide to go into a fight without my shields equipped or on elite and without touching any controls but piloting and shooting.

The Drantzuli are stupidly annoying for how impossible it is to actually target the glowing buggers to debuff the rest, but aren't actually hard to fight.
  • tarran61tarran61 Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    On a new character I can play on Elite difficulty until I get to the Vaadwaur/Iconian missions. I dont play PvE Elite Queues but maybe on my main and its space only.
    Positive thoughts.
    NeAC.gif
  • orangenee#2931 orangenee Member Posts: 837 Arc User
    There's three things that give me trouble, Vaadwar, Nakuhl and that one mission on the fed side where you have to fire a torpedo down the doomsday weapon's throat (in anything like a cruiser).

Vaadwar have the ridiculous tricobalt nonsense, and the Nakuhl have the distortion jobby that makes the fights draw out.

Voth Citadels can be aggravating too especially if you're inattentive with your autofire setup. Ground wise Iconians take it and higher up tholians.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    Way back... Any of the Romulan ground missions where a group of 5 NPCs had 2-3 Medics in them. You couldn't kill them all fast enough before they'd rez each other.
    There's three things that give me trouble, Vaadwar, Nakuhl and that one mission on the fed side where you have to fire a torpedo down the doomsday weapon's throat (in anything like a cruiser).

Vaadwar have the ridiculous tricobalt nonsense, and the Nakuhl have the distortion jobby that makes the fights draw out.

Voth Citadels can be aggravating too especially if you're inattentive with your autofire setup. Ground wise Iconians take it and higher up tholians.

That mission is The Doomsday Device. I had my best luck by cloaking and staying outside the 10km range till I could maneuver around for my shot. Then pull into max range, decloak, manually fire torp and cloak again. Mostly kept the Klingons off my tail.
    Now a LTS and loving it.