test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

VOTE for STO - Best F2P MMO 2017 - Daily vote

There are 12 days left, you can vote once a day, let's get STO a bit higher, maybe even into the lead although it looks like Never Winter will win this easily, currently STO only has a paltry 49 votes.

http://www.mmogames.com/topmmos/best-free-to-play-mmo-of-2017/

Comments

• avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    Done as requested. However it's really the only one of few f2p MMO's I've ever played.
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    Done. It's really the only MMO that I play and I do enjoy it despite all it's hiccups.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    Wow, Neverwinter sure has a lot of votes! Why am I playing STO if NW is soo much better? :D
  • ortikantortikant Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    Wow, Neverwinter sure has a lot of votes! Why am I playing STO if NW is soo much better? :D
    Because it's not better... and there is no Star Trek in Neverwinter.
    pmuvj73Aj
  • ironmakoironmako Member Posts: 770 Arc User
    I have voted also. STO would always get my vote. Yeah there are a few bugs, but then we can all take a look in the mirror and see that nobody is perfect in every detail.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,275 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »

Umm...play both? But you basically need to spend money in NW. Their exchange is borked so you can never get any zen for free.

the 18K i got a few weeks before black friday says otherwise...it may have taken a week after i put in the buy listing to get it, but i DID eventually get it, so people are still buying zen and converting to AD over there​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    90 votes, amazed it's so low.

I'm not...the sto game engine is ancient and it shows. It's also one of the buggiest mmo's I have ever played. I can't imagine sto as the best free mmo of the year. Granted I haven't played many that are free.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    In terms of being f2p it technically is too low. ;)
    Post edited by avoozuul on
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    STO is the only mmo I play, f2p or otherwise. I enjoy it any time I can get on it and have had actually very few problems with it when I am on it.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • ashstorm1ashstorm1 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    Voted. For the best MMO of 2017.

Not saying which one.
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,754 Arc User
    Voted for STO. Besides Pokémon Go it's the only game I know so easy choice.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    There's my vote for STO, even with all its problems and declining player base, it's the only one I play.

Although if Planetside2 was on the list (it's F2P MMO-FPS) it would have my vote instead since it too needs support and recognition, while STO can ride along with its dedicated IP fans.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,626 Arc User
    Well the 'poll' is obviously skewed towards which playerbase actually knows about it and then actively participates.

I mean seriously, look at the numbers for EVE and World of Tanks. 20-ish votes? Both of these games have huge playerbases - and either don't know, or don't care, about the poll.

And heck - they didn't even include Champions Online.... :(
  • damainxdamainx Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    voted
  • nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    I voted for Warframe.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • arabaturarabatur Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    I voted for MU Legend, it is Christmas after all ;)
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    i haven't voted and i doubt i will.

STO is something i haven't been that interested to get back to playing beyond the winter event ship and maybe the anninversary. all the previous content is stuff i've done so many times before i don't really care for going through it many more times.

SWTOR is collapsing in on itself because the devs there genuinely don't care for their community or the game any more, recent server merges have made things easier to see what is coming, if numbers drop again, that is the end of it.

Champions Online hasn't changed since it first came out, despite some new content, it's still very dry as a superhero MMO. Compared to STO and Neverwinter, Champions has barely been recognised for any major upgrades since before F2P became a thing.

Star Trek Timelines is just boring to play after the first 20 hours when you hit your daily chroniton limit which is tied to your level. the card trading game is too easy to get stuff even without paying anything for it.

those are the four i have played this year and only those four and none of them have stood out and been "the one" to choose.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
    reyan01 wrote: »

SWTOR is collapsing in on itself because the devs there genuinely don't care for their community or the game any more, recent server merges have made things easier to see what is coming, if numbers drop again, that is the end of it.

Agreed. I've only ever played two MMOs; STO and SWTOR.

I tried to get back into SWTOR quite recently and, to my regret, even wasted some money on it. I just CAN'T invest in that game though; the whole setup just reeks of greed. The reason I wasted spent money on it was that it's difficult not to - their laugable F2P model is abysmal and the game almost punnishes you for not subscribing. As @salvation4 stated:
    salvation4 wrote: »
    SWTOR also if you go F2P every single corner on the map is smacking your face saying "GIVE US YOUR MONEY OR SUFFER!!" The worst part is the elitist rub it in..

It doesn't feel like that game is in a good place right now. They seem to be throwing items into their Cartel store with abandon - including at least one item that was previously only available via their loot boxes (Crossguard Lightsaber) and very frequently have new loot boxes (or resurrect old ones).
    And whilst I am only assuming here, I'd imagine they might have lost some players to Battlefront II?

As unfortunate as it is, it looks like there won't be an SW MMO within 2 years at this rate. Shame really, STO and SWTOR were fighting for those players and they more or less came up together, but without SWTOR it might make Cryptic less interested in pushing out really good content without some competition.

Guess we will see what comes over the next half a year for SWTOR.
    With such small votes.. it is a rather hollow award to be offered. i'm not sure if the EP and CEO of Cryptic would be delighted or insulted by it! :tongue:
This discussion has been closed.