test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Protection for characters and ships!

Hi everyone!

I would like to discuss a few things:

1. First, it would be great, at least for me, if developers implemented an option to protect the characters, similar to protection status for items, so that if someone click in "delete" button, it requires the account password, instead the name of the character (could be both, name and password). I know its just my idea, but I really would like that option to exist, and also, the same idea to protect ships. If we can protect items, why not to do the same with characters and ships (both of them, hundreds of times more valuable than items)?

2. I'd like (and I know I'm not the only one) ship loadouts included traits, and it would be cool we could make ground loadouts (including traits, of course) too!

I'd like to know what you think about these ideas!

In the other hand, I don't know if you already noticed it, but "relaxed" stance, both for NPC's and PC's, show some robotic and abrupt movements. This occurs since long ago (I don't remember the date), after a patch. I know this is trivial, just a matter of aesthetics, but would be good devs fixed it for some future patch...

Thats it, for now

Greetings

Comments

• protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,952 Arc User
    1) Is having to type in the full name of the character or ship prior to deletion not enough? Seems to make accidental deletion nye impossible. You already have account protection via Cryptic Account Guard so entering account info again seems redundant.

2) The addition of ground loadouts would be great. Maybe it's the "new feature" that's going to be released soon™
  • thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    protoneous wrote: »
    1) Is having to type in the full name of the character or ship prior to deletion not enough? Seems to make accidental deletion nye impossible. You already have account protection via Cryptic Account Guard so entering account info again seems redundant.

nye?
    Is 'nye' the antonym of 'aye'?
    Is 'nye' a new word in the English lexicon?
    Is 'nye' what ppl in Starfleet say when their answer is "no"?
    I think you mean NIGH.
    Am I right?
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    What protoneous said. Having to type in the name of the character or ship prior to deletion is more than enough to avoid accidental deletions.

As for ground loadouts, that could be useful for those who change their ground gear very often. I don't so it won't affect me.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,635 Arc User
    Ah, younger sibling problems I take it?
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User
    no...until such a time as ASScard claiming is decoupled from having to claim the ships themselves, ships need to be made LESS annoying and time-consuming to delete, not more​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • disqord#9557 disqord Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    Typing out the name of your character is confirmation enough that you know what you're doing. Unless all of your characters have the exact same name, or you somehow managed to mistype every single key on your keyboard after choosing the wrong character to delete, I do not see how anyone could possibly need more confirmation and authentication.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    ... and if you are sharing your account with someone who would intentionally delete a character or ship, then you deserve it.
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    Nah... typing in the name of the ship before you can delete it is enough.

There is no way in hell I am going to accidentally delete Romulan ships because most of them have Latin scientific name for various birds of prey. I cannot accidentally spell out those names even if I tried.... and don't ask me to pronounce the names of my Warbirds...
  • aerojam#5421 aerojam Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    jaguarskx wrote: »
    Nah... typing in the name of the ship before you can delete it is enough...

Well, everyone can be right. But I think jaguarskx have given the best argument.

Thanks for your replies!

• seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    so that if someone click in "delete" button, it requires the account password, instead the name of the character (could be both, name and password).

This already exists.

In order to delete a character, you need to log into your account. Logging into your account requires your password.

This is just an extra step that has little to no benefit. For those legitimately wishing to delete a character, they already have to type in the character name which is more then enough to make sure they know exactly what they're doing. If it's designed to keep people from maliciously deleting characters from compromised accounts, again.. it would not be effective since the person had the account password to log in with initially.

2. I'd like (and I know I'm not the only one) ship load outs included traits, and it would be cool we could make ground loadouts (including traits, of course) too!

This however, would be a welcome change if they could do it. I often change up my traits with different load outs and it's a pain when I forget to do it. It would be nice if it was part of the saved load out. Given some of the issues they have had in the past though with the load out system I find myself thinking that them attempting this change would likely break more things then it would fix.

Still, it's a good idea.
    Insert witty signature line here.