test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Would 2-3 new projects in OLD REPS improve Q's?

I mean we now have almost 11 REPUTATIONS with so many Queue's and given that most people are likely Tier 5 in many or have the gear they want based on their skill choices...

I thought it might be NICE to see OLD REPUTATIONS revitalized by adding 2-3 new projects for either some new Ground or Space Items depending on the reputation and what it currently had offered. I mean I would love to see Romulan's get a Republic Tactical Armor with Tailor unlock with all 3 or 4 items similar to Klingon Honor Guard depending if their's a kit module.

Perhaps other REPS like Nukara or Dyson could get a 2nd console a new Space Weapon that gives an addition 2 set bonus / to compliment the other 3 piece set from the REP?
0zxlclk.png

Comments

• seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    While it's a nice idea it wouldn't do much in the long run. It would create a short burst but after a month or two we'd back at where we are.
    Since cryptic is dead set on their current course we'll continue to get new reps, increase the number of dead queues and spread out the rather small player base even more.

What really needs to be done is to look over the whole rep & queue issue and rethink that as a whole.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    Yeah I don't entirely disagree with you - in fact I think some queue options should be removed. While we've seen some be retired after a long run, they likely should retire 3-5 ground and space queues each; however care should be taken to ensure any accolades have alternate ways to be earned.

Many have been SAD for year's when some of the Elite and Advanced Omega missions were removed; yet alternative methods weren't updated to earn the additional tailor unlocks for Omega or Honor Guard Gear.

Still having said that I think it still be great to revisit older reputations and add new projects from time to time because many would love to see Romulan's with a Republic Tactical or Allied Tactical Ground set with unique Tailor unlocks. Perhaps not all REPS get new projects all at once but it be nice to see some REPS given a few new projects from time to time. <3
    0zxlclk.png
  • captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 895 Arc User
    I'd love to see the Romulans join Task Force Omega. I've been thinking that it'd be neat if their group was called the Shadow Guard (inspired by the Remans, although obviously open to all Republic officers.
  • orondisorondis Member Posts: 1,447 Arc User
    While it's a nice idea it wouldn't do much in the long run. It would create a short burst but after a month or two we'd back at where we are.
    Since cryptic is dead set on their current course we'll continue to get new reps, increase the number of dead queues and spread out the rather small player base even more.

What really needs to be done is to look over the whole rep & queue issue and rethink that as a whole.

Pretty much this.

More gear or incentives isn't going to solve the problem. It may be a short term fix, but that's all it'll be.

We've got a very small active user base and almost 100 queues. The rest of the playerbase either RP or spend all the time in zone chat talking about everything but STO.
    Previously Alendiak
    Daizen - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
    Selia - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
  • casualstocasualsto Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    I think it's a very good idea. Also adding specific ship traits/ground/space traits to the Reputation projects would be an amazing idea - and making the ground trait to require some items that drop just on the ground queues to get the ground trait and space trait to have some items that drop just in the space queues. 1000 marks, 10 elite marks and 5 ground/space specific items per trait sounds more than achievable and engaging.

Make it so, S15?
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Isn't the Endeavors helping these Rep and STF Queues?

The reason why we will always get new Rep over revitalizing old Rep is: when it is new, long time players have to grind the new currency, too. Otherwise, players would just use stock piled stuff.

And , unless, the new gear is tied to a new currency....no one will re-do it. And who is going to do old content for new currency?

Plus, the way the players reacted when Cryptic blocked people from stock piling tokens from events and stop saved boxes from getting bonuses? They felt cheated...because "they had already done their due diligence".
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    Well I still would go back and do old reputations if a few new projects showed up; in fact some of the old queues are in fact still very fun. I very much enjoy doing some of the older REPUTATIONS and would love it if they added a few new projects.

Perhaps it is only a small to moderate incentive for some to queue for some older queues as it wouldn't be helpful for those with 1000's of marks sitting unclaimed or who have lots of tokens sitting in their bank. True enough... but since you can convert those to DIL one might hope that wouldn't be too many so many others might be encouraged to run some.

I just think it would be great if Romulans got a Republic Armor SET with Tailor unlock for Republic Officer possibly a variation for Alliance Officers. <3
    0zxlclk.png