test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What Do You Think? 2017 Winter Event!

Comments

• orangenee#2931 orangenee Member Posts: 837 Arc User
    Now I've discovered the race can be beaten by a one-legged rocking horse with a broken leg I'll do the race. It's literally two minutes I won't spend dawdling outside Quo'nos waiting for queues to pop. I kind of want the Breen warp core for one of my toons so I'll be doing the other stuff for a bit. It's not a bad grind as grinds go.
  • nemefnemef Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    Server light is green again... log in to complete the daily race aaaaaannnnddddd its down.
    I missed that... Setver Status is red...

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    The other Winter Kit Modules need to be turned into BOFF Training Manuals.
    So much this! I would LOVE the utter chaos of having all my boffs freeze things!
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • rhyusssrhyusss Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    Ok, so, it's been a couple of days since the event has started. I do NOT like that you have taken away a perfectly good schedule for the events only to have them appear randomly. Or if there is a set schedule, it's nothing like what it use to be, just like what you did for the summer event, only to add a new event into both, which throws the schedule off a great deal. Now the competitive race is back to back, instead of being quarter after and quarter till the hour. You should have each event happen at least once an hour. And if they run into the next event, so what. People will have to choose which event(s) they want to do.

Kramp is kind of a joke. You spend more time running around the wonderland chasing him than you do fighting him. Why does he need to run from mere mortals?

I have two cherry elder and three wild cherry elder epohhs from last year and now I'm working on another cherry epohh and I will not be able to turn it nor the other ones in. Please fix this ASAP, so, before the weekend gets into full swing. I've read that this was fixed AFTER last years event, but why is it not working now? It should have been tested before this started, back when you were having your own QA people test to make sure Kramp works as planned.
    Did you look for the in-game schedule? It's next to the mini-map.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    Silver Space Suits were all the rage in the 1960s.
    silversuits.jpg
    And I remember when I saw the "Snowball" episode on Next Gen, that I thought the costumes refected a hommage to Lost in Space and earlier Sci-fi costumes.
    23b70aacefc333217b5551643efc24681512410227.jpg
    I wonder if we will see Captain Proton costumes next Q-mas.
    _600_f2b7e93148a41e1387c82bcb8522bade.jpg
    Or for April Fools Day the Dev could turn off the color and claim it's an invastion of Photonics from a black and white multiverse. :smiley:
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • usskentuckyusskentucky Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    Had another fun day at the winter wonderland! Spent some time at the tailor and got that abnoxious orange coat really popping with an orange Lukari helmet and black scarf. Also, people seem to be getting better at the games, making them more fun. Haven’t really been anywhere else in game. Maybe the best event ever?
  • usskentuckyusskentucky Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    Also, completed Snowman About Town Accolade. Got my sights set on the others!
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    I only need to do the save 25 and 50 gingerbread men accolades but the gingerbread men themselves appear to be bugged and disappear not long after they spawn, I even ran ahead of other team members in the hopes of saving any and they still de-spawned fairly quickly.
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    Also, completed Snowman About Town Accolade. Got my sights set on the others!

There is no accolade for this, but I once wander all about the terran, up and down ever slope and to the top of ever peak I could get too. The caps were worth it in my opinion. Sadly the place I posted them to back then no longer allows me to post from there.
    screenshot_2015-12-05-08-09-04.jpg
    What do you know, it let me post it today.
    screenshot_2015-12-05-10-05-06.jpg

Edit - Sadly, the pics went away again. :(
    Post edited by zedbrightlander1 on
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
    Or for April Fools Day the Dev could turn off the color and claim it's an invastion of Photonics from a black and white multiverse. :smiley:
    That would be hilarious. Champions has a volume effect for doing that.
    screenshot_2016_10_06_13_10_54_by_marhawkman-dak90cq.jpg
    It's normally triggered by getting close to the edge of the map. certain parts of MC though "edge of the map" is a bit arbitrary.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • natureyouscarynatureyouscary Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    It's not bad, my only issue is the new winte suit is off duty only. The jackets are in uniform and so are the sweaters. Uniform has more mix and match options. I can't even use gloves in off duty
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,309 Community Moderator
    The other Winter Kit Modules need to be turned into BOFF Training Manuals.
    So much this! I would LOVE the utter chaos of having all my boffs freeze things!

Yeah, I've been hoping to outfit my Andorian captain's all Andorian crew with those abilities if they ever get converted to Training Manuals.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • suaaiesuaaie Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Over the ice race, just to difficult to control any suggestions,
    Just cannot win the daily reward so no new ship
    lyle77
    suaaie wrote: »
    Over the ice race, just to difficult to control any suggestions,
    Just cannot win the daily reward so no new ship
    lyle77
    There's a thread for that....
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1236572/rattlers-annual-tips-and-tricks-thread/p3
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • jagdhippiesjagdhippies Member Posts: 676 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    Why is the fast and the flurrious race only happening on some idiotic and unscheduled/unadvertised 90 minute interval? I used to time my time spent in the wonderland around those races, but now I have practically no reason to bring my alts in. Now with the race only being in this unadvertised and unpredictable 90 minute interval, I am not even going to bother logging in each day except to convert the dilithium and to turn in marks on the last of my alts. This year's event is a complete waste for me.

It used to be that the race ran at 2 predictable and routine times per hour, I think at 20 and 40 minutes after each hour. That was awesome. I am going to just hang out and wait up to 90 minutes for it to start and I will spend less time in the game as a result.
    Post edited by jagdhippies on
    My carrier is more powerful than your gal-dread
  • fovrelfovrel Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    Just two wishes.

The new winter outfit, I would like it to have under the standard dress option, I don't know how it is called exactly. So I can mix and match as I like. If I wear the suit, I cannot use the shawl and hat.

A bigger area to skate on. An extra track or make the pond bigger with an island in the middle and some obstacles on the ice wherre we can jump over.

Further, I love the event.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Well the Winter Event sells all of its clothing, Training Manuals, Kit Modules, etc. at very reasonable prices of Event 'currency' in comparison to the way overpriced Summer Event gouging. And the Doff Assignments give that 'currency' in addition to very good Dilitium payouts for Doff Assignments. Other Doff Assignments should take a lesson from these.

It's too bad that the Colony costs have soured me on playing as much lately.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • grumpyowl#1151 grumpyowl Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    > @duhfen said:
    > I am disappointed that after holding on to wild cherry and cherry epohh elders I still cannot turn them into marks. Over a year now and no one checks to see that this is working?

I second that. There's two copies of the Lime Epohh selections. I have several that I've had since last year. I'll probably just drop them to regain the space in my inventory. It's a shame really.
    They should have just simplified this nightmare into no more than maybe 8 or 9 Epohh payout categories regardless of their bloody color, PERIOD.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • therealblackkaostherealblackkaos Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    This is my first Q’s Winter Event. I’m 50/50 on it. The SnoBorgs and Klingon Ice Fishing and Krampus are downright fun. The Gingerbread Village I can tolerate. Even getting the ingredients for Neelix I’m good with. But the race as the only means to get the Breen ship? I’ll pass. I wish they would’ve made it so that it was possible to get it the old fashion way: grind out multiple event runs per day. I tried the race a few times and just can’t get the hang of it. Sorry to be a humbug but unless someone can give me some advice on the race I’m sticking to my opinion.
    There is a Thread on Tips and Tricks for this Event. When I started this four years ago I could not get the ice race for the ship. I gave up but a few days in I read a suggestion about 'rolling' at turns. I tried that and have been successful since.

I run full out, when I get to tight corners I double tap 'W' and roll. That breaks momentum and I start full speed running again in the new direction until the next roll. Not all turns need it but I usually roll about 10 or so times per race.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • therealblackkaostherealblackkaos Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    > @ltminns said:
    > There is a Thread on Tips and Tricks for this Event. When I started this four years ago I could not get the ice race for the ship. I gave up but a few days in I read a suggestion about 'rolling' at turns. I tried that and have been successful since.
    >
    > I run full out, when I get to tight corners I double tap 'W' and roll. That breaks momentum and I start full speed running again in the new direction until the next roll. Not all turns need it but I usually roll about 10 or so times per race.

Thanks. This my first time so I’m just lost as to how to possibly get a win. I don’t even know how I won the first one (might have been a ‘gimmee’). But I’ll definitely take a look and see if I can get it down.
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    Well, as far as the Winter event goes, overall I'm happy with it. But as for the Kramp'Irhi, that part is kinda meh.

Sack of hit-points throws presents that you get interrupted trying to collect while other players get multiple. No idea how we are supposed to "rescue" the hostages either, it seems to just happen. He seems to be on kind of a short timer as well.

Everything else from prior years is good enough. I actually went through and ran everything last night just to remind myself. Of course, in doing so, I remembered that there are some things I just don't care to do again. Like the Competitive race, I still have never even FINISHED that race as I get DQ'd every time. Neelix and his recipes, no thanks. I have more fun with the pie eating contest.

Or the Gingerbread village. Or Klingon Ice fishing. Or the snowball fight. Or the Winter Village queue. Or the Snorg. Even the race for the ship is more fun.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
    iamynaught wrote: »
    Sack of hit-points throws presents that you get interrupted trying to collect while other players get multiple. No idea how we are supposed to "rescue" the hostages either, it seems to just happen. He seems to be on kind of a short timer as well.
    The colored boxes are little prisons holding gingerbread people, open them to free the gingerbread people.

Also, you only get interrupted if something attacks you. Kill Kramp's minions then the only person who can get interrupted is the focus of Kramp's wrath.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    NPC chatter popups such as the end of the krampiri should only show if people have been taking part.

Not a huge issue on PC but console version has those snatch the game screen away from you which is no good when you're doing the race daily and a single button press often does nothing to get the window away.

As a side note Philip grey STILL does his irritating popup at some random time after logging in despite having completed the temporal missions again this shouldn't happen if people are in the middle of an activity such as the ice race. Last night I logged on, went to make a drink and he still waited until I was in the race despite having the perfect opportunity to appear before that while I was away.

And could someone give that ferengi a ballgag or failing that increase the time between his audio lines being repeated over and over and over.
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    NPC chatter popups such as the end of the krampiri should only show if people have been taking part.

Not a huge issue on PC but console version has those snatch the game screen away from you which is no good when you're doing the race daily and a single button press often does nothing to get the window away.

As a side note Philip grey STILL does his irritating popup at some random time after logging in despite having completed the temporal missions again this shouldn't happen if people are in the middle of an activity such as the ice race. Last night I logged on, went to make a drink and he still waited until I was in the race despite having the perfect opportunity to appear before that while I was away.

And could someone give that ferengi a ballgag or failing that increase the time between his audio lines being repeated over and over and over.

Ditto on the Krampus overall results screen and the temporal agent popup.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • spacehermitspacehermit Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    Personally I find the Winter event boring and childish but I know I am in a minority and that a lot of folks seem to really enjoy it. I spend enough time in there to get one character to complete the necessary grind to get the ship and then I'm off to do something more interesting!!
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,309 Community Moderator
    toiva wrote: »

Ditto on the Krampus overall results screen and the temporal agent popup.

Agreed. Had this pop up during my daily race. Luckily, I was on a straight way, so I didn't end up running off the course, but still wasn't happy about it. :/
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    Yeah, thankfully I'm fast enough with the race I can basically stop for tea... anyway, I reacted fast enough, stopped, got rid of the dialogue screen and continued with the course. However, I can see a number of people (because clearly many people still struggle with the daily race) being sabotaged in their efforts by this results window.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!