test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Q's Winter Wonderland - Face the Kramp'Irhi!

Comments

• Options
    starcruiser#3423 starcruiser Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    For real? What part of Europe believes in the half goat story? This is as remote to me as believing in the tooth fairy. Come on...you could not find another nemesis like the Tzenkethi or even JACK FROST!

Jack_Frost_VideoCover.png​​
  • Options
    bucklerpwbucklerpw Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    STO wants us to have a very merry demonic Christmas! Really? lol
  • Options
    grumpyowl#1151 grumpyowl Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    This is why the winter event is my favourite - it's the most creative bit of STO that they have, and really speaks to me as a huge lover of Christmas and the associated traditions. They always think of something new, those eggheads at Cryptic...I wonder what the ship'll be, though. I'd still be happy with either a T6 Plesh Brekk or the Bleth Choas. Anything new, I'm sure I'll still like :)

We need something for Santa to get around the wide universe in. I'm thinking a T6 Santa Sleigh complete with assimilated reindeer. Rudolph can have an omni-directional AP Lance that fires from his nose!

• Options
    mthomps016mthomps016 Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    This is different. I like the smaller melee weapon, but it'll be grossly oversized for most toons.
  • Options
    sovereign010sovereign010 Member Posts: 636 Arc User
    I can see the Powers That Be are American Dad! fans! :D
  • Options
    rakkan1rakkan1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    star cruiser, What part of the world that is over age 10 believes in Santa Claus? This is as remote to me as believing in the tooth fairy.
  • Options
    alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    Black Nanopulse, must have, will be there.

Q's quite dark this winter event, demons and all. I'm definitely curious how it'll turn out.
    iamynaught wrote: »
    This sounds interesting and all, but once I saw that pic of the Kramp'Irhi it was game over. I don't care what you do with the event, just

give

me

those

Digitigrade

LEGS!

I wants them!

Err, as I'm sure others do as well!
    I'd be satisfied with a pair of visible legs and arms on my Reman which affects all outfits that have these exposed.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    Is this being added or instead of the snowman fight with the giant snowman?
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • Options
    highlandrisehighlandrise Member Posts: 354 Arc User
    all fine and dandy...but all i have to say is......Guys, Cryptic, by all rights, please make it possible again to queue up old event ships (during the events) changing it to this exclusivity nonsense was the worst decision back than ever...in my case, so far i got all the Event Ships, but this Summer, Real Life demanded more time, much more Time so i missed the Summer event, now that i came back to sto after being away for some time, seeing all those nice looking Vorgon Carrier flying around, and knowing that there is no way anymore to get that as a Account Wide Unlock, irks me terribly, so bad that i have a hard time enjoying the game at all. I am a Collector, and always made sure to get all the Event Ships, missing this one is annoying as hell, and seriously, you guys know very well that the only ones who want or like that exclusivity bla bla is YOU (Cryptic), the majority of the Playerbase does not want that, who would support this nonsense and why anyway? Iam not saying give it out for free, we still would have to grind for it during the events, just give us that Option back please! :|
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    I'm not really a fan of the winter event, but this looks cool. And I'm still holding out hope that the actual Fek'Ihri will make a return someday. :P
    Post edited by psycoticvulcan on
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    Umm, yeah... this caught my attention as well...

Black Nanopulse Mek’leth

It'd be hilarious (in a bad way) if the blog writer wrote that but the dev team had no intention of doing one. Now they'd all be like "WTF, man? Why'd you say that in the blog?! Now we gotta make one before the angry mobs come!" :D
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Black Nanopulse Mek’leth... I'm there dude!
    As someone who has collected all the colors of Nanos... I will have this one the day it goes live.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    This is why the winter event is my favourite - it's the most creative bit of STO that they have, and really speaks to me as a huge lover of Christmas and the associated traditions. They always think of something new, those eggheads at Cryptic...I wonder what the ship'll be, though. I'd still be happy with either a T6 Plesh Brekk or the Bleth Choas. Anything new, I'm sure I'll still like :)

We need something for Santa to get around the wide universe in. I'm thinking a T6 Santa Sleigh complete with assimilated reindeer. Rudolph can have an omni-directional AP Lance that fires from his nose!

That's just silly. Rudolph's nose can't possibly fire an omnidirectional beam. Since his nose is forward mounted, and a reindeer's head doesn't swivel around like an owl's, if the target were behind him, he'd vape himself! A beam array would be perfectly credible, however, perhaps with [PEN] X4, to cut through the heaviest fog.

But, you're right in that the sleigh should have an Omni weapon, too. Perhaps Santa could throw gift boxes in all directions. Festive red and green gift boxes containing plasma torpedoes. The green ones ordinary, the red ones are destabilized. After all, the elves (if not Santa himself) are Romulan. How else could they have pointed ears AND not be coldly logical? And please don't bring up Sybok; let's keep this serious. :)

Heck, make a 3-piece set, and include a console which gives the sleigh 130 power across the board...but only on December 24th and 25th!

Muahahahaha! Ahem. I mean "Ho! Ho! Ho!"
    rakkan1 wrote: »
    star cruiser, What part of the world that is over age 10 believes in Santa Claus? This is as remote to me as believing in the tooth fairy.

Anyone with a heart. :)Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus.

[EDIT: For clarity.]
    Post edited by vorwoda on
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    For real? What part of Europe believes in the half goat story? This is as remote to me as believing in the tooth fairy. Come on...you could not find another nemesis like the Tzenkethi or even JACK FROST!

Pff, get outta here. Goat legged demons are sexy pig-2.gif

I also echo the demand for hooved legs in the tailor, for Tellarites and aliens! And science!​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,758 Arc User
  • Options
    vorwoda wrote: »
    rakkan1 wrote: »
    Anyone with a heart. :)Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus.
    What if your heart looks like this:
    latest?cb=20081115185812
    hawku001x wrote: »
    Hope he dances!
    This seems more likely:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKAM8u_GfFA
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options

Don't know, but rest assure my regular picking fight's with non-animated snowmen will still happen once I get into the Romulan Egg Nog.

And maybe the odd scuffle with that one pine tree if it mouths off to me again.

Sounds like fun! I think I'll join you this year.
    :: tackles and wrestles with a snow-coverd holly bush ::
  • Options
    nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    aliguana wrote: »
    any chance this is a dry-run for the return of the Fekkies in ViL? asking for a friend

I like that mode of thinking. Hopefully Cryptic will follow that path & pursue using it if not already considered. I'd like to see an updated/expanded story-line of the Fek'lhri including an updated version of their ship(s).
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2017
    Well the Kramp'Irhi I admit is original, not sure fighting Klingon Demon's is Christmas themed unless you mentally deranged, I think someone said Q was getting Dark.

Perhaps Q needs to see a Counselor?

Still every year I continue to pray and hope maybe we see a different event that involves something other than snow gun's to shoot things with.
    • Keep hoping maybe an Ice Skate race but every year it never comes. Speed Skating is in the Olympics and Q could make it challenging by having little snow borg or snowconians dropping honey on the track or trying to shoot us with giant snow canons to knock us off our skates.
    • Still looking forward possibly to Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday blogs not sure what days they be to announce possibly new rewards or the ship. Will have to stay tuned! <3
    angrytarg wrote: »

I also echo the demand for hooved legs in the tailor, for Tellarites and aliens! And science!​​

I think I'd love to see Jack Frost too... I certainly won't complain about Kramp'lrhi though as it's original! Not sure how I feel about the Klingon Demon's, but perhaps maybe Q will surprise us and we'll see some miniature versions wearing their Christmas Hats! That would certainly make it very interesting AngryTarg...
    0zxlclk.png
  • Options
    soullessraptorsoullessraptor Member Posts: 353 Arc User
    angrytarg wrote: »

Not even just hooved. Just Digitigrade would be nice
  • Options
    toraknutoraknu Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited December 2017

not only europe has his myth about an big horn with a clawed feet

i only wonder wich ANCIENT race has visitet us and maybe also the klingons 8))

7yj930llusw8.jpg
  • Options
    burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    It it bleeds, you can kill it

If not... use antimatter and annihalate it at a subatomic level :D
  • Options
    tmassxtmassx Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    QNxkKGV.png
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    jsOsIYh.png

Anyhow. Can't wait to mingle with the snow folks.
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    I just realized that thing has hooves. And only two. Four legged creatures with hooves have trouble on ice, so a two-legged creature with hooves should have BIG problems on a frozen lake. Did you you Devs take that into consideration? Probally not. It's a Q creation, after all. :p
  • Options
    vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    I just realized that thing has hooves. And only two. Four legged creatures with hooves have trouble on ice, so a two-legged creature with hooves should have BIG problems on a frozen lake. Did you you Devs take that into consideration? Probally not. It's a Q creation, after all. :p

What about Mountain Goats (which are actually more closely related to antelopes than goats)? They commonly dwell above the treeline as far north as Alaska. Or the Alpine Ibex? IIRC, both of them have cloven hooves with padded soles, which act as natural snowshoes, and both species have less trouble on ice or nearly vertical surfaces than do humans.

BTW, your Sig is not only my favourite quote from M*A*S*H, but also wonderfully appropriate to this topic! Double kudos! :)
  • Options
    wubblez#7779 wubblez Member Posts: 4 Cryptic Developer

It is added! There will still be the queue, snowball fights, Tides of Ice, competitive racing, ice fishing, and fighting off a giant snowman with the Snow-Conian.
  • Options
    starcruiser#3423 starcruiser Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    bucklerpw wrote: »
    STO wants us to have a very merry demonic Christmas! Really? lol

This ain't Friday 13 nor Halloween. Who is the dope who thought about this idea? This is Christmas or light or life event not Dark or obscure holiday. There is a time for everything but this is the wrong time for this boss. Save it for Hearts and Minds or Halloween NOT Christmas.

These devs in Northern Ca really have gone bananas with this.

and yes.... MERRY CHRISTMAS! fox-2.gif​​
  • Options
    It is added! There will still be the queue, snowball fights, Tides of Ice, competitive racing, ice fishing, and fighting off a giant snowman with the Snow-Conian.
    O hai new dev person. :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing