test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Direct3D error

Anyone know what it means when you get a message that says: Fatal Error: Direct3D driver returned error code (DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED) while Presenting. Reason: 0x887a0006 (DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG)

The way the game behaves is erratic in that I never really know when it will freeze. Sometimes it will freeze before I finish logging in, other times it might wait 30 minutes. But what happens when it does is very consistent. The game becomes unresponsive and everything on screen completely stops moving. Then it takes a minute or so for the game to crash and give that error.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
My character Tsin'xing
Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg

Comments

• Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,470 Arc User
    Anyone know what it means when you get a message that says: Fatal Error: Direct3D driver returned error code (DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED) while Presenting. Reason: 0x887a0006 (DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG)

The way the game behaves is erratic in that I never really know when it will freeze. Sometimes it will freeze before I finish logging in, other times it might wait 30 minutes. But what happens when it does is very consistent. The game becomes unresponsive and everything on screen completely stops moving. Then it takes a minute or so for the game to crash and give that error.

You know I was having those. I found verifying the files actually corrected the error. Have not frozen since except regular game lag. This for me lately happens when they put in a new patch. I guess we now just have to make a habit after getting the patch, to verify the files so no nonsense occurs to us when that is done. Thanks. :)

Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    hunh, I tried force verify at least once and it didn't work, maybe I'll try it again anyways...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,470 Arc User
    I know this is late but have you tried playing Star Trek Online in Compatibility Mode? Like Windows 7 or 8 on Windows 10? Thanks. :)
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    I got a better computer. That fixed it :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing