test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Forum Question

ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
Is it possible for one to hide your posts and Threads from specific users? Would that require a Vanilla Plug-in?
'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
Judge Dan Haywood
'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
l don't know.
l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
Lt. Philip J. Minns

Comments

• usskentuckyusskentucky Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    Why? What are you trying to hide?
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Not me, someone else.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    Forum Question

Forum Answer
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    You need the platinum-level subscription to gain access to the "hide posts from @ltminns" feature. It's neat though, and you'd be surprised at what they're been saying about you.

;)
    I may have been coming at this 180° off. I have seen talk of a concept of being 'shadow-banned' by Administrators that prevents anyone but you see your own post/threads.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    What would be left to read if they block all of you guys???
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    Well I only see it for one user right now.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • bejaymacbejaymac Member Posts: 448 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    Well I only see it for one user right now.

I take it you mean a certain member of Dental, been seeing it too, he posts, you see his avatar and name as the last to post, but when you enter the thread his post is no where to be seen.
    That would be an affirmative.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    I think I've seen Vanilla show last poster names even when the post was eaten by the editor or when it was moderated.
  • bejaymacbejaymac Member Posts: 448 Arc User
    Think it's a bit more than just the editor eating the post, or it being moderated out, if you check their profile it shows they have over 2000 posts, problem is when you check to the left where it says Activity, both Discussions and Comments are empty.

And it's not just this one person, someone posted in this thread after I did, yet that post isn't here and their profile shows the same issue, over 300 posts yet Discussions and Comments are empty.
  • silverlobes#2676 silverlobes Member Posts: 1,953 Arc User
    Kael's doing his job :sunglasses:
    "I fight for the Users!" - Tron

"I was here before you, I will be here after you are gone. I am here, regardless of your acknowledgement or acceptance..." - The Truth
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    I noticed this once too.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    In case you haven't noticed, this forum has a habit of eating posts when you edit them. It's more likely this this "feature" than some kind of secret shadow moderator action.

And of course, if it was actually moderator action, we wouldn't be allowed to talk about it. ;)
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,754 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »
    In case you haven't noticed, this forum has a habit of eating posts when you edit them.

Yeah this is probably why they show up as the last poster on the overview page, and then there's nothing to be seen in the thread itself. I've seen it happening many times.

Just last week someone posted in a thread before me, and then his post had suddenly disappeared and I was the first one to reply to that thread as his post reappeared after mine.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,245 Community Moderator
    WfSVvDn.png
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.