test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Q's Winter Event

2»

Comments

• avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    I am guessing that they needed more time to create new stuff for the event which is probably why it starts a week after December starts.
  • binebanebinebane Member Posts: 557 Arc User
    can i still convert old pictures of q or any other currency to xp?
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    They didn't "push it back." :disappointed: The winter event has always started on the first thursday of december, which this year is the 7th.
  • storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    I hope it is not rushed work as it was last year. It would be nice to get a couple more events. Perhaps skating competition or dance party (like in Risa summer event), build a snowman or the like.​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • bumperthumperbumperthumper Member Posts: 513 Arc User
    storules wrote: »
    (snip) build a snowman or the like.​​

They could add a "Build a snowcastle", using the Risian sand castle models and just changing the color to white.
    A proud member of The Collective ARMADA
    NOT A FAN OF ARC!
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    I would say they reset the date in a way - so that it doesn't start in November. December 1st was OK, but November 30th was right out. First Thursday is the same idea.

I've been thinking... the winter event is my favorite time of year in STO, but if they don't add the competitive marks I may not play so much this year. If they do I will be all in with all characters every day to feed my compulsion to make those marks the same amount as all others.

But I have a sinking feeling it will go unthoughtabout. Santa Q please remember my compulsion. It's all I want for christmas this year.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    I think it will be November 30.

Unless it's moved to a Tuesday and it would come on 5th December, i think for something like this it seems an appropriate time to move forward a downtime cycle by two days. If not it's the 30th as you mentioned or the 7th December, but that would be slightly late for such an event.

Anyway, i'm just sticking to the 40 autographs and make the most out the event as much as possible by running it over 2 character to get a breen ship i failed to get the end of last year, but at that time i was in a really dark place mentally. I also want the one this year.

I might get into the snowballing of snowmen, but i won't do the event to collect tags. Bunny hoppers will always take advantage of a situation to cheat their fellow players out of their potential share.

I see the calendar now and it looks like that is official. They pushed it back a week at the start and the end so I would say it is December 7th. That sounds good to me since they pushed it back to January 18 also.

To be honest, I would rather they'd started it at the end of November (as per previous years) and finished it earlier.
    Perhaps it's just me, but I don't enjoy the Winter Event as much after Christmas.

At least it is not Neverwinter theres start the 14th and runs till the 28rh
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    Perhaps we'll see a news announcement tomorrow (Friday) about the upcoming Winter Event?
    0zxlclk.png
  • syriliansyrilian Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    It's supposed to start on December 7th. If I missed last year's ship, is it possible to get it this year, at all?

Unless they change it back u can't get previous ships(u need the dilithium lock box event for them). U shouldn't even be able to use previous pics to get this years ships, but i don't know if they ever got that to work properly.

Would be nice if they did something about the bunny hopping etc. but i won't hold my breath, hopefully can at least turn in the epohhs this year.

• annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,596 Arc User
    not coordinated enough to finish the race let along get the marks to get the ship. I'll just get the frost boots for the tooms who don't have them and then go farm Defera
    awkward.jpg
    We Want Vic Fontaine