Options

Current Endeavour - Complete a foundry mission

Are they taking the Michael or what?

Comments

• Options
    theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,986 Arc User
    OK, this is a problem
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • Options
      trekpuppytrekpuppy Member Posts: 446 Arc User
      Unfortunately for Cryptic this reeks of zero internal communication and planning.
      ---
      "-Grind is good!" --Gordon Geko
      Accolades checklist: https://bit.ly/FLUFFYS
    • Options
      ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
      OMW! ! this is why i hate RNGebus.

he-tasks-me-he-tasks-me-and-i-shall-have-him-ill-chase-him-round-the-moons-of-nibia-and-round-the-an.jpg

0760a9aaf96b3473d1ca0c832f560c6a--monkey-business-happy-weekend.jpg
      maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
    • Options
      minecraftukminecraftuk Member Posts: 10 Arc User
      I got over-excited when the endeavour said do a foundry mission since I thought they'd have fixed the foundry; instead, it's a waste of what could have been a fun endeavour.
    • Options
      eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,000 Arc User
      This is too funny for words. Complete a foundry mission when the foundry is not currently available. What if we just say we did one. Will that count?
    • Options
      ashstorm1ashstorm1 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
      edited November 2017
      5VBLM6a.jpg

*slowly claps*...

Let me guess, next Endeavour will be "Complete an Exploration Cluster tour" ?
    • Options
      jcsteelejcsteele Member Posts: 155 Arc User
      Geez, talk about a fustercluck...
    • Options
      anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
      trekpuppy wrote: »
      Unfortunately for Cryptic this reeks of zero internal communication and planning.

I thought it was apparent that these were randomly drawn from a list already. Well, if it wasn't before, it sure is now.
      This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
    • Options
      duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
      It's a day of remembrance. Today for your endeavor, reflect on the Foundry and think about your favorite missions.

Blessed be the day they returns to us.
      #GloryToTheEditor
      Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
      Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
      Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
    • Options
      lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
      GG Cryptic. :|
      SulMatuul.png
    • Options
      theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,986 Arc User
      source.gif
      NMXb2ph.png
        "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
        -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
      • Options
        legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
        Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
        An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
        A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
        A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
        "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
        Passion and Serenity are one.
        I gain power by understanding both.
        In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
        I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
        The Force is united within me.
      • Options
        locke112164locke112164 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
        TRIBBLE poor prior planning!!
      • Options
        ashstorm1ashstorm1 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
      • Options
        lopequillopequil Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User
        If they’re willing to risk just turning it on why was it off in the first place?
        Q9BWcdD.png
      • Options
        spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
        lopequil wrote: »
        If they’re willing to risk just turning it on why was it off in the first place?
        because there's a bug, what exactly that bug is we don't know (as they've not told us but it affects both STO and Neverwinter).

As for why this came up I suspect that the Endeavors are on an automated rotations rather then manually put up so it was that Endeavor's time in the rotation.
      • Options
        baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,322 Community Moderator
        vVFJ4Ql.png
        GrWzQke.png
        Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
        Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
        Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
        ----> Contact Customer Support <----
        Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
        Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
        Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
        Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
      • Options
        baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,322 Community Moderator
        Thread: ENDEAVOR SYSTEM: FOUNDRY IS DOWN @taehsong

pIWTn8y.png
        GrWzQke.png
        Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
        Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
        Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
        ----> Contact Customer Support <----
        Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
        Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
        Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
        Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
      • Options

So if it's that easy why not switch it on before? This makes little sense to me.

It might have been fixed but the team is still testing. They'd probably like to continue testing+investigating (rather than giving us another moment of false hope) but the endeavor is apparently forcing the issue.

The Foundry is being sent up without a test flight and the duct tape might hold it together. But then again it might not. So fingers cross and we'll see what comes.
        Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
        Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
      • Options
        salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
        spiritborn wrote: »
        lopequil wrote: »
        because there's a bug, what exactly that bug is we don't know (as they've not told us but it affects both STO and Neverwinter).

As for why this came up I suspect that the Endeavors are on an automated rotations rather then manually put up so it was that Endeavor's time in the rotation.
        Probably an exploit.
        When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
      • Options
        zepharynthezepharynthe Member Posts: 169 Arc User
        edited November 2017
        IMHO the devs should bite the bullet on this one and give everyone that logs in during this endeavor run a free package.
        I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.
        Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. Thomas Jefferson (et al)
      • Options
        thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
        Isn't it random? So they wouldn't have known it was coming? That said I would have just canged it anyway, just in case something goes wrong - like your all play @starfarertheta 's missions instead of mine. XD
        2gdi5w4mrudm.png
        Typhoon Class please!
      • Options
        thay8472 wrote: »
        Isn't it random? So they wouldn't have known it was coming? That said I would have just canged it anyway, just in case something goes wrong - like your all play @starfarertheta 's missions instead of mine. XD

I sense Enigma's hand in this..."random endeavor" indeed...
      • Options
        edited November 2017
        Foundry Endeavour has been dropped, so I guess that means they can't fix it. :(

Nope, just means that they need more time to fix it. Replacing the endeavor is the stated fallback if the Foundry's pre-mature test didn't produce results. We weren't expecting it to come back online today (prior to the endeavor) and Kael did try to explain that they weren't certain the Foundry would be coming back online after the endeavor too.

They tried what they could in the time they had today. Now, they continue working on it.