test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Muting (correction) feature being abused.

jojobejojobe Member Posts: 88 Arc User
edited November 2017 in Federation Discussion
Trolls are blocking people for participating in chat. This has happened to me 2 days in a row. I come under attack when ever I mention my guilds name LGBTA. This should not be while everyone else are not targeted. Remove this feature or hire a GM. Make ignore to block the person they don't want to hear from, it should not effect the other player.
Post edited by jojobe on

Comments

• arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    Ignore does exactly that, it ignores that person and that's all it does. You aren't being ignored, you are being reported, by a number of people. I don't know the exact number required but I know it requires X number of people all reporting you within X amount of time for you to get muted.

Can it be abused ? Of course it can, and does, but it requires a number of people, all working together, to accomplish. Hire a GM, yeh, would be nice but I don't see it happening. If the expense of hiring a GM would be outweighed by the new profits having a GM would bring, it would have already happened long ago.

Best thing, just quit mentioning your Fleets name (STO doesn't have guilds), not a correct solution, but a workable one.

Of course it is a bit puzzling. LGBTA has been around for a long, long, long time and yet you are the first person I have ever seen to claim that you are being targetted for being a member. You think that maybe, just maybe, it has nothing to do with the Fleet you belong to ?
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    I just have chat turned off. Besides I am not coordinated enough to talk and do other things on the screen at the same time.

How are people even doing this? They have time to sign on the game to talk in chat and nothing else?
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • usskentuckyusskentucky Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    > @where2r1 said:
    > I just have chat turned off. Besides I am not coordinated enough to talk and do other things on the screen at the same time.
    >
    > How are people even doing this? They have time to sign on the game to talk in chat and nothing else?

Yeah, all of the players in ESD chat are political analysts and all of the players in Beta Quadrant are anarchists.
  • jojobejojobe Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    If you get too many ignore in under a short time the game mutes you for 25 hours. the guy counted down to his troll buddies and they hit ignore at the same time.
  • jojobejojobe Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    arionisa wrote: »
    Ignore does exactly that, it ignores that person and that's all it does. You aren't being ignored, you are being reported, by a number of people. I don't know the exact number required but I know it requires X number of people all reporting you within X amount of time for you to get muted.

Can it be abused ? Of course it can, and does, but it requires a number of people, all working together, to accomplish. Hire a GM, yeh, would be nice but I don't see it happening. If the expense of hiring a GM would be outweighed by the new profits having a GM would bring, it would have already happened long ago.

Best thing, just quit mentioning your Fleets name (STO doesn't have guilds), not a correct solution, but a workable one.

Of course it is a bit puzzling. LGBTA has been around for a long, long, long time and yet you are the first person I have ever seen to claim that you are being targetted for being a member. You think that maybe, just maybe, it has nothing to do with the Fleet you belong to ?

HUH I don't know these people doing this. I don't say anything negative about them I don't even know them.
This discussion has been closed.