Install Arc

Dilithium Refining Increase

2»

Comments

• evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    lordlalo wrote: »
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    Did you seriously use NW as an example of a healthy premium currency to cash currency exchange?!? Are you nuts?

Indeed I did. The economy is just as stable as it is here. Diamonds are created exactly the same as they are in STO, with a refine limit which means that the inflation can only rise at the same percentages as it does in STO, if there are any imbalances it is not because AD's can be traded on the market because the same basic principals apply with capping the creation of AD.

Never played NW, would that be like using Dilithium to buy things on the exchange? I wonder what that would do to lockbox ship prices ...

Astal Diamonds...their version of refined dilitium is used EXCLUSIVELY on the exchange. And you can refine 36k a day vs the 8k here. Their exchange to get zen is perma stuck at 500 to 1...IF you can find a seller if zen. For using time played to get zen ship items, it is a TERRIBLE system.

So that's the only use for it, is buying things off of the exchange? That zen exchange ratio is great for someone like me, but what does it do to the price of lockbox items?
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    If there were no dil refinement cap, the price of dil per zen would instantly hit 500 dil, the maximum allowed by the game. This would mean that there would be ZERO zen available for purchase as there would be so much dil in the game (due to zero refining limit) that all available zen would be bought by the flooded dil in no time. You would actually have to wait even longer and/or basically never be able to trade for enough zen.

OTOH sales of LTS would skyrocket...

The amazing thing to me is that Cryptic hasn't already made that connection and increased the limit. Money maker.
    That made no sense at all. How would LTS sales increase if there's no zen to trade for since it would all be bought up by worthless market flooded dil?

I mean, you might see a temporary bump in transactions but the F2P players would stop playing if they couldn't ever get their hands on some zen via trade.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    If there were no dil refinement cap, the price of dil per zen would instantly hit 500 dil, the maximum allowed by the game. This would mean that there would be ZERO zen available for purchase as there would be so much dil in the game (due to zero refining limit) that all available zen would be bought by the flooded dil in no time. You would actually have to wait even longer and/or basically never be able to trade for enough zen.

OTOH sales of LTS would skyrocket...

The amazing thing to me is that Cryptic hasn't already made that connection and increased the limit. Money maker.
    That made no sense at all. How would LTS sales increase if there's no zen to trade for since it would all be bought up by worthless market flooded dil?

I mean, you might see a temporary bump in transactions but the F2P players would stop playing if they couldn't ever get their hands on some zen via trade.

He doesn't realize that increasing the supply would make the exchange rate worse for him and better for me.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • solidshark214solidshark214 Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    Another vote for adding to FCT. The sheer failure of economic sense embodied by these requests for changes to the refining cap is getting tiresome.
  • daciaeternadaciaeterna Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    You need to build more pilons and to grind smart not hard.
  • zerokillcf2011zerokillcf2011 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    15 alts. Takes about 30 min to run through admiralty on each of them daily. That's the extent of grinding you need to do. Each alt finishes the Klingon admiralty at least twice a month, same for Ferengi = 120,000 dil per month (min) x 15 = 1,800,000 dil monthly / 280 (average exchange rate for the last few months) = 6,428 zen a month x 12 = 77k zen a year. Bought the lifetime deal 6 years ago and haven't spent a penny on the game since. Just make free money (obv easier since Ferengi admiralty was added)

And at 30 min a day to clickfarm dil, it's not annoying grinding. Then I just pick a char and play for a couple hours.